What's new

Discussion Why Alien Should Be Banned.

Should Alien Be Banned Until He Gets Fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 153 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 45.9%

• Total voters

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It's almost like nobody at NRS tested this character before giving him the green light to be released. Or they just didn't give a fuck about balancing, but only about the money he would bring in. ....sigh...

This reminds me of what happened with Kunimitsu in TTT2 3 1/2 years ago, where she was able to duck a (very very small) number of mid attacks. It got fixed pretty swiftly, mind, and wasn't anywhere near as extreme as this.

Pretty ridiculous, but not really a reason to ban a character IMO, especially since it will surely be hotfixed very, very soon.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Don't you still have to guess the overhead though? If it's an overhead in a string, just don't do that string in the match-up. The non trip guard move, can it be blocked and punished?

The mid duck is kinda fucked though.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Here ill make a post here addressing each issue and will update it as time goes.
NOTE* Aliens hitbox is most like a females.
Lets first address 114 as TRIBORG:
Jaqui D3's it for free
Alien ducks it.
Mileena D3s/Ball rolls this for free
Tanya Bf4s this
Kitana d1s this.
Cassie D4's this...
Scorpion D4s AND slides this...
Dvorah D2s this...
I could go on but for now since these characters all duck a mid AND GET A PUNISH? lets ban these characters. Moving on to The overhead now in a new post

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Alien after Jax does F21 into d1 into B2 will duck the overhead IF YOU DO IT EXACTLY AS SUCH. HOWEVER, if you literally do a slight microdash forward into B2, it connects.....
but if we want to talk about more overheads, DO Jaquis B2 on characters as they d4 (A.KA johnny or Mileena after a d3 d4 or ball roll) and watch happens
yeah ban johnny and Mileena. Moving on.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Here ill make a post here addressing each issue and will update it as time goes.
Jaqui D3's it for free
Alien ducks it.
Tanya Bf4s this
Kitana d1s this.
Cassie D4's this...
Dvorah D2s this...
I could go on but for now since these characters all duck a mid AND GET A PUNISH? lets ban these characters. Moving on to The overhead now in a new post
None of them can duck block though, removing all risk

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I cant even consistently replicate what happened in the video with Kotal Kahn (1 out of like every 20 tries), which means that was a LUCKY SHOT by the Alien player.
I got this once only as mileena
Other characters (like kitana Outlaw erron kungjin) dodge the first part and stuff the second part completely. Yeah ban those chars too please... Moving on

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Jaqui D3's it for free
Alien ducks it.
Tanya Bf4s this
Kitana d1s this.
Cassie D4's this...
Dvorah D2s this...
Sub also gets a neutral duck into full punish.

@02:48:23

https://www.twitch.tv/ozhadou/v/63668082

SonicFox5000

The Best.
The idea of his evasive blocking does indeed exist, but in a projectile war, it is the most dumbest thing to use (as in bad) because if I KNOW you are going to shoot a projectile at me, not only does the evasive blocking tech put me at risk of blocking the projectile, but it slows my movement down as well. I am far better off just normally crouching or using d4 db3 or bf1 to get across these projectiles rather than block it.

OH and to address MY video on the "game breaking alien" tech (A title in all honesty for click bait), about 5 other characters can do this, WITHOUT having to meet a requirement. Take Kenshis Ji1 to the lab, take Cassies Ji2 to the lab, and Take Kung laos Ji2 to the lab. They all can do this as well, WITHOUT requirement. But thats the thing. The tech is rather pointless to be able to do it because it still puts you at risk of getting hit, and to intentionally keep going for it is fatal. Trust me, I did actual matches trying to abuse this and first, i couldnt even hit this by itself 90% of the time, and when I did, I always got punished for whiffing after doing it on the ground since you CANNOT BLOCK. Only cancel into an attack. AND ON TOP OF THAT, it disables if you land a ji3 (may I add an amazing tool that id rather not get rid of for a bug that can easily get me killed for doing it).

So ive addressed all your points with actual data, PLEASE elaborate on why Alien should be banned when lots of other characters can do similar things???

ryublaze

Noob
IMO no, this isn't what makes Alien good or even warrant a ban. It's not something you can just abuse and win with like a block infinite. It looks like Alien only low profiles for a few frames and you have to time it correctly. I don't see how this is any different than Johnny low profiling with d4 which is much easier to do.

Triborg's 114 string is one of the few strings, if not the only string in the game with a gap that you can do this on. The gap has to be big enough for it to work, which isn't many. I don't think it's that big of a deal though because Triborg can also just do 1112 and get the same effect.

Also if you're trying to low profile an overhead like Jax's b2 and you mistime it, then you're getting hit because you're crouch blocking. You're better off blocking the overhead and punishing it.

I do think it should be fixed, just like every other hitbox issue in this game. It's kind of weird to low profile things while going from stand to crouch block which makes me think it wasn't intended, but it's not that big of a deal imo. I'm not sure why there needs to be five threads on this topic. :/