What's new

Discussion Why Alien Should Be Banned.

Should Alien Be Banned Until He Gets Fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 153 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 45.9%

• Total voters

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
If sonic was just a "downplayer" or whatever looking to protect Alien for his own selfish reasons than I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken the time to make the video showing the bug when you try to trip guard after a proper JI3, he would've kept it to himself like some people do, unfortunately. @SonicFox5000 I'm curious, how plus are you able to be after landing a properly timed JI3 where only the one kick lands? On block that is .

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I find funny how i said fine, let it rock and within a week the community came to a realuzation how broken ice clone was a week later
After that tweet the decision was already made. But whatever GM is garbage now. I learned new chars, I'm over it.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
If sonic was just a "downplayer" or whatever looking to protect Alien for his own selfish reasons than I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken the time to make the video showing the bug when you try to trip guard after a proper JI3, he would've kept it to himself like some people do, unfortunately. @SonicFox5000 I'm curious, how plus are you able to be after landing a properly timed JI3 where only the one kick lands? On block that is .
It works most similar to any other ji. 2 kicks will NEVER connect on block, but you are still sorta plus like any other character, but cant jail.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
How does this relate to the Alien situation? These aren't balance considerations -- just small bugs/glitches with the way the engine and animations work (that affect multiple characters, as explained in this thread).
I don't understand your confusion.

I was obviously replying to the post I quoted - another poster was getting upset at the "toxic NRS community" for calling for an Alien ban.

I was replying that he should not blame the ridiculousness of the alien outcry on the community, as its - in my opinion - a function of NRS' approach to balancing the game.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
summoner with scoop isn't balanced, he's just stupid in a different way. Characters are allowed to have weaknesses
And what are his strengths?

He is negative on everything he does, even going for mix ups into MB rune trap isn't safe on block.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't understand your confusion.

I was obviously replying to the post I quoted - another poster was getting upset at the "toxic NRS community" for calling for an Alien ban.

I was replying that he should not blame the ridiculousness of the alien outcry on the community, as its - in my opinion - a function of NRS' approach to balancing the game.
people being toxic on a forum always have a reason for it - be it the game balance, glitches, other members, whatever.

Doesn't change or excuse the fact that their behavior is toxic.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
I've watched most of the videos on this thread so sorry if this was already posted. I don't think it's a low profiling problem. I think his/her hurtbox disappears completely. I played an endless tower with Alien to see how many weird instances would happen in a non lab situation. This video shows Johnny's ex shadow kick go completely through me as if I wasn't there. If it was a low profiling problem I would've slid with the kick while my block acted like a neutral duck. What do yall think? I couldn't even recreate it in the lab. @Take$$$

Last edited:

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Excellent posts from @SonicFox5000 and @Red Raptor both players that I respect highly not just for their skill, but their ability to explore MUs and not talk unless they have facts. None of his posts were based on feelings without basis.

Sonic doesn't post much on TYM, but has a lot in this thread. You may wonder why, and if you are short sighted think "he just wants to keep using Alien".

No its not that. I will explain why I believe he is making these posts:

1) He is one of the few people who actually fully explores MUs aside from one character, so he actually has a good understanding of hit boxes across the cast
2) He competes in many games, and actually has an understanding of what is ban worthy. (Hint: nothing alien has)
3) He knows that bandwagoning by dishonest agenda pushers is rampant in this community, and if he didn't set the record straight, who would?

If there's are the reasons for posting, I agree with him wholeheartedly.

If there is any strategies or tech that constitutes a ban, I am waiting to see it.
For context: Dizzy is an NRS employee who is *again* quitting his job for a weekend to compete in Combo Breaker to win back WB's pot bonus. Expect him to be using Alien and Cage.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For context: Dizzy is an NRS employee who is *again* quitting his job for a weekend to compete in Combo Breaker to win back WB's pot bonus. Expect him to be using Alien and Cage.
I normally wouldnt respond to a BillStickers shitpost or anything that even resembled one, but it's like an urban legend came true, all I had to say was "dishonest agenda pusher" and one appeared.

Literally every thing you said in this post is false.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I normally wouldnt respond to a BillStickers shitpost or anything that even resembled one, but it's like an urban legend came true, all I had to say was "dishonest agenda pusher" and one appeared.

That describes BillStickers Perfectly

Because there's a poll on there, trying to get Alien banned. I've been practicing Alien for two months now, with intention to play him at Combo Breaker.

A bunch of idiots who don't understand the character, and might not even go to the event, are going to ruin it for me.
Aren't you a Lao player who thought Lao was the best character before, wasn't it you who made top 8 with Lao before in ESL? If it's you then I think you have back up so you'd be good if Aliens gets banned ;)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Aren't you a Lao player who thought Lao was the best character before, wasn't it you who made top 8 with Lao before in ESL? If it's you then I think you have back up so you'd be good if Aliens gets banned ;)
Oh please don't mention that again. He said Lao is garbage bottom 5 character now. You're making him sad

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I've watched most of the videos on this thread so sorry if this was already posted. I don't think it's a low profiling problem. I think his/her hurtbox disappears completely. I played an endless tower with Alien to see how many weird instances would happen in a non lab situation. This video shows Johnny's ex shadow kick go completely through me as if I wasn't there. If it was a low profiling problem I would've slid with the kick while my block acted like a neutral duck. What do yall think? I couldn't even recreate it in the lab. @Take$$$

Yeah I don't know thats really fucking bizarre

SonicFox5000

The Best.

Don't mind the attention whore. Replying to him anywhere will give him what he wants lol. Also
REO asked me to do this one after we talked about it because we figured there would be more honesty involved if a scrub posted it instead of a big name pro, so I'm happy with the way its turned out. Definitely feels a lot more honest than it otherwise could have been.
I disagree. The thread was founded on hysteria, most reminding me of the witch trials. Rather than immediately present the information that a "top player" such as myself did on why the tech was pointless or how 7 other characters do the exact same thing, it only showed specific instances, leaning heavily in favor of something that appears crazy when it actually isn't really anything of note. The initial thread gave a very 1 sided argument.
This my friend, is a perfect example of TYM politics.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Don't mind the attention whore. Replying to him anywhere will give him what he wants lol. Also

I disagree. The thread was founded on hysteria, most reminding me of the witch trials. Rather than immediately present the information that a "top player" such as myself did on why the tech was pointless or how 7 other characters do the exact same thing, it only showed specific instances, leaning heavily in favor of something that appears crazy when it actually isn't really anything of note. The initial thread gave a very 1 sided argument.
This my friend, is a perfect example of TYM politics.
The original thread was asking a question but it got locked so I took a different approach. You're really exaggerating.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
It's WAY too soon to call a character broken, until we see only aliens WIN most major top 8's over the next 2 years then maybe we should consider a ban. If the winners are not exclusively sonicfox.