What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Seriously, I feel so mixed about this. On one hand I'm like "Yeah, that's cool" and on the other hand I'm like "That's garbage".

Pros:
  • Tri-Borg is actually cool (besides his name). I like how changing variations actually changes his character model. Also, getting all 3 cyborgs is just awesome -- this game needed more cyborgs!
  • The idea of crossing Xenomorph with Baraka isn't actually that made. It's a pretty cool "What If" idea being honest. Plus it will open up Xenomorph's moveset.
  • Redesigning Bo' Rai Cho is cool. While I would prefer them to redesign or just add in a different MK character in general (Fujin, Sareena, etc), I'm sure Bo' will still be a fun character to play.
  • More characters. At the end of the day more characters in general is what we've been wanting.
Cons:
  • Leatherface is the worst. I didn't even want guest characters to be honest, but I can let the Xenomorph thing pass. But Letherface? No. One of the worst picks ever. I would actually take Freddy Kruger again over this guy.
  • Everyone is literally asking for these characters: Rain, Sindel, Sareena, Fujin, Noob, Smoke - and not one of those made it in. This shows that NetherRealm would rather throw-in some guest character cash-ins other than actually adding characters the fans want. Say want you want about the characters in Kombat Pack 2, you may very well like them, but you got to admit that NRS made the wrong choice with adding in more guest characters that no one even wanted over characters that their fans have been begging for before the game was even out. It may not be exactly a "bad" choice to add those characters, but it IS disappointing.
  • No female character. To be honest, I don't exactly care that there isn't a female - and I wouldn't really care if there wasn't any males (say, an all female Kombat Pack). I just want to play as cool characters: regardless of their gender. But I do know that there are a lot of people who DO CARE, and really wanted to see a female character or characters. Sindel, Frost, Li Mei, Sareena, Skarlet, and new character, so-on and so-on. I also like diversity, so while I don't exactly care, I too personally feel like this Kombat Pack needed at least one female character to some point (or if it was an "all female" Kombat Pack, for it to actually have one male).
This is the truth. I am with you 100%

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
The only thing I can think of for Leatherface's variations is this:

1) Clearly a variation involving his chainsaw
2) A Grundy-esque grappler (NRS will STILL manage to fuck up grapplers with him)
3) An in-your-face brawler variation.

basically swap jason machete for chainsaw and drop teleport??

I'm disappointed about the guest characters (it shouldve been Kabal and Shao Khan) but I'm happy that my favorite character Cyrax is in it! I'll also be practicing Bo Rai Cho.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
It sucks too because like....I'm gonna buy them all lol. Like I'm gonna lose matches because I didn't do my research on what I can punish. Helllllllll nawwwwwwww maaaaaaang

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Yo if Leatherface has a sledgehammer though and a sick alt, maybe he get's a pass. Maybe

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The way I'm trying to make myself feel ok about it it

We get Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke and I guess Fat man