What's new

Who's a good female character?

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Mileena is easy to pick up and combo with, but it's also easy to get cocky with her and find yourself doing a lot of unsafe things while starting out. It takes a degree of self control to be good with Mileena, resisting the urge to go for what seems like an easily connecting roll or teleport (when in reality it's not) can be frustrating. The ironic part is you have to play Mileena with a sense of recklessness at times, and that's what scares people.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, after playing with all of them a little bit last night...

Sindel and Kitana are out... don't like their styles.

So, it's Sonya, Mileena, and Jade. Still not sure on those three.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Pick Mileena. all you have to do is press D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4 and throw in some enhanced teleport kicks since alot of people don't punish it right and you'll win!
This!

swag1

EX smash solves all
Best three in order: Sonya, Kitana Mileena. Best three in ease to learn: Mileena, Kitana, Sonya. I'd go Kitana personally

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I'd say Mileena and Kitana are both pretty easy to use, Kitana takes a bit more timing than Mileena for combos, so Mileena is probably the easiest I'd say. Sonya isn't that hard to learn either, but I played more Mileena when I was new and pretty awful. So she's definitely the easiest I'd say. Sindel is pretty fun, but you can get rolled if you aren't that skilled with her, or you can win easily if you are a good fireball spammer =)

If you want a character easy to learn, don't go Sonya. Mileena all the way. Her combos are easy, and it's easy to get good with her without a lot of training.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If you want a character easy to learn, don't go Sonya. Mileena all the way. Her combos are easy, and it's easy to get good with her without a lot of training.
Sonya is hard to learn? ... I did a couple easy combos with her last night, just randomly in training:

114 cartwheel 11 BF4 (idk the name of that move) and against the wall: 3 cartwheel 11 11 11 112

I just can't get the military stance down in a combo, how do you guys do that!? :confused: ... lol
Got any newbie Sonya tips?

Mileena was pretty easy too, but I just did the combo I see everyone do... the U4 U4 combo. haha
Any tips for her, Mileena players?

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Yeah, I did the same with Sonya and find her enjoyable. Lets keep that up and see where we get it.

Tips!!! NOW!!!

...please?

Lets play Jade, too Sgt Reed 24

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Sonya is hard to learn? ... I did a couple easy combos with her last night, just randomly in training:

114 cartwheel 11 BF4 (idk the name of that move) and against the wall: 3 cartwheel 11 11 11 112

I just can't get the military stance down in a combo, how do you guys do that!? :confused: ... lol
Got any newbie Sonya tips?

Mileena was pretty easy too, but I just did the combo I see everyone do... the U4 U4 combo. haha
Any tips for her, Mileena players?
Since you play Sub-Zero and Smoke. I think Mileena would fit your playstyle best. She is about counter attacking, punishing mistakes, she can Roll over pokers, she can Teleport Kick jumpers into combos, she can zone full screen. As you main, Sub-Zero it must be frustrating fighting Mileena players, this will allow you the opportunity to explore what's it like on the other side. Mileena is a very risky character but she controls the air, destroys zoning attempts, that D4 annoying defensive poke.

Sonya is execution heavy especially when you incorporate her Military Stance. She has the same Mileena D4 which allows her to do more with it than what Mileena can do with her own D4. Sonya is aggressive like Cage but however Sub-Zero Ice Clone spam happy players and zoners like Noob Saibot can be very frustrating to deal with, the same annoyance when Sub-Zero fights against zoners. I think you will enjoy Mileena and her playstyle is more suitable for you.

Don't pick Jade, she's the worst character to use online right next to Rain.

Espio

Kokomo
Play Jade :). She's actually really fun and strategic, you play Sub-Zero, so being patient with Jade will probably be second nature to you, she's not super hard to learn, just a bit challenging to master.

As for Sonya's military stance, you're going to need to be ahead of the inputs, like after you've hit 1,1,2, you need to already be inputing military stance and your chosen plan of attack as they're landing. Military stance is fun, but requires good timing and practice, it's what makes Sonya more techniqual than most other characters on the roster. Additionally, you can dash cancel out of military stance or cancel into specials, it's so versatile.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Play Jade :). She's actually really fun and strategic, you play Sub-Zero, so being patient with Jade will probably be second nature to you, she's not super hard to learn, just a bit challenging to master.
Actually, that'd be the opposite of how I play. I lose to JC b/c I can't just sit on the other side of the screen. I'm too impatient. I play a moronic rushdown Sub-Zero. I'm coming at you whether I get punished or not. lmao

You mention Jade and being patient, she might not be a good pick. lol

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Since you play Sub-Zero and Smoke. I think Mileena would fit your playstyle best. She is about counter attacking, punishing mistakes, she can Roll over pokers, she can Teleport Kick jumpers into combos, she can zone full screen. As you main, Sub-Zero it must be frustrating fighting Mileena players, this will allow you the opportunity to explore what's it like on the other side. Mileena is a very risky character but she controls the air, destroys zoning attempts, that D4 annoying defensive poke.

Sonya is execution heavy especially when you incorporate her Military Stance. She has the same Mileena D4 which allows her to do more with it than what Mileena can do with her own D4. Sonya is aggressive like Cage but however Sub-Zero Ice Clone spam happy players and zoners like Noob Saibot can be very frustrating to deal with, the same annoyance when Sub-Zero fights against zoners. I think you will enjoy Mileena and her playstyle is more suitable for you.

Don't pick Jade, she's the worst character to use online right next to Rain.
BodamEscapePlan likes this in a trolling, grimacing, smirky kind of way.

Espio

Kokomo
Actually, that'd be the opposite of how I play. I lose to JC b/c I can't just sit on the other side of the screen. I'm too impatient. I play a moronic rushdown Sub-Zero. I'm coming at you whether I get punished or not. lmao

LOL, well, you don't have to play her patient, it's a matter of personal taste and how you want to approach your opponent. You can play aggressive with anybody: aggressive Noob, Jade, Kabal etc .

That's the beauty of all the characters in this game, you can play your own unique way and still win. Rushdown Jade's actually not too bad, I was merely saying that patience with Jade is usually how many play her and the same goes for Sub-Zero, but you have your own unique style.

I think it's best to learn your character's rushdown and their keepaway game, regardless of specialty.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Mileena. Simply because she is the one of the few characters *online* that basically can't be punished for doing a move. Her combo's are easy and she is pretty easy mode *generalization*
You wouldn't like Jade.
Sonya would fit how you typically play, but you'd need a ton of playtime to get your muscle memory down for all of her button presses to create her stupid mixups.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
LOL, well, you don't have to play her patient, it's a matter of personal taste and how you want to approach your opponent. You can play aggressive with anybody: aggressive Noob, Jade, Kabal etc.
I remember a while back when Noob mains were saying that Noob's rushdown wouldnt work.

Oh how they were wrong :p

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
BodamEscapePlan likes this in a trolling, grimacing, smirky kind of way.
LMAO! I'm being serious Rain is garbage online, it does him no justice. Whenever I see my brother use Rain online, so many errors, negative edge like he does a random geyser kick in a combo? I don't know Rain at all but I see him play terribly. One time I saw him playing Tolkeen's Kenshi, such a bad match up to begin with and I wanted to *facepalm and shake my head for him even trying to use Rain online), of course Tolkeen won and wrecked his Rain just as I predicted *trollface* When it comes to zoning, I see his Rain use a Lightning Strike that works but his Bubble from full screen trying to capitalize on it for a combo fails epic.. I assume other Rain players have this issue online as well. Anyway, when we do matches against each other his Rain is completely different, rarely drops a combo, stupid Ex Bubble (RAGE!), I rage at times I wish he dropped his combos like he does online versus me XD

I'll admit Jade is not bad as Rain online but those two are the worst ones to use online right off the bat.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade

Sounds like you would make a good random reckless Mileena player indeed.

Come "Let us be a family." *Mileena snickers*

XD

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
BnB's

Sonya: (this is the one I use but IDK what Sonya players regularly use) Dive kick~21 x Cartwheel , B2 1 F2 , 1 , dash , 112 x Military Stance~F1 x Cartwheel.

Mileena: U4 , U4 , B12 , dash , 112 x roll , B12 x OMNOMNOMNOM

Jade: B1 x Staff slam(or w/e it's called) , dash , B2 , dash , 12 , dash , 4 x staff Grab(or w/e it's called)