What's new

Who's a good female character?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, I'm sick of only using the male characters and I'd like to have at least one of the female characters as a secondary/backup type character. So who do you guys think would be a good choice?

I think I'm gonna go ahead and rule out Skarlet just b/c it's so damn hard to do her combos. lol

So, which one is well rounded character that isn't that hard to pick up and learn some decent combos?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
So, I'm sick of only using the male characters and I'd like to have at least one of the female characters as a secondary/backup type character. So who do you guys think would be a good choice?

I think I'm gonna go ahead and rule out Skarlet just b/c it's so damn hard to do her combos. lol

So, which one is well rounded character that isn't that hard to pick up and learn some decent combos?
Mileena.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I recently picked up Mileena. Very easy to learn.

The best female character is Sonya though. Pretty tough to learn, but she's kind of OP online.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I think youd like Mileena.
When i play tag as Sub, i almost always tend to pick Mileena as my partner.

Mileena has 50/50s, a standing reset, superb d4, and the easiest instant air projectile in the game (imo)

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
don't rule out skarlet man, yes, she i a bitch to pick up but 1 she is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fun, and imo she is crazy good

she is worth it in the end ;)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
don't rule out skarlet man, yes, she i a bitch to pick up but 1 she is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fun, and imo she is crazy good

she is worth it in the end ;)
Maybe, but she involves dagger cancels ... I can't do stuff like that. That's why Kabal is also a no go (besides the fact that I hate the character lol)

Espio

Kokomo
They're all awesome characters, but if you mean tier wise I guess Sonya, Kitana, and Mileena are your best bets.

Based on you not liking cancelable stuff, I'd say that rules out Skarlet and Sindel ( Sindel's particularly fun to play).

Jade and Sheeva are good for the simple fact that there's less room for error, which usually helps improve your overall game and offer a reasonable challenge, they're actually both worth picking up, just for their unqiue gameplay, but like I said if tier is what you're looking for, Kit, Miss Blade, and Mileena are your go to girls.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
They're all awesome characters, but if you mean tier wise I guess Sonya, Kitana, and Mileena are your best bets.

Based on you not liking cancelable stuff, I'd say that rules out Skarlet and Sindel ( Sindel's particularly fun to play).

Jade and Sheeva are good for the simple fact that there's less room for error, which usually helps improve your overall game and offer a reasonable challenge, they're actually both worth picking up, just for their unqiue gameplay, but like I said if tier is what you're looking for, Kit, Miss Blade, and Mileena are your go to girls.
No, you guys are getting me wrong here. I don't care about the tier. If I was gonna do that I just go with Sonya cause I know she's probably the best.

I'm asking who is pretty easy to pick up and get decently good with. Combos that aren't extremely difficult (Skarlet) or using cancels (Skarlet). Basically who is a good chick for someone just picking them up?

I've seen a lot of Mileena mentions. lol

Espio

Kokomo
No, you guys are getting me wrong here. I don't care about the tier. If I was gonna do that I just go with Sonya cause I know she's probably the best.

I'm asking who is pretty easy to pick up and get decently good with. Combos that aren't extremely difficult (Skarlet) or using cancels (Skarlet). Basically who is a good chick for someone just picking them up?

I've seen a lot of Mileena mentions. lol
Oh okay, I'm sorry, just confused on what you meant :oops: .

Basically Mileena, Kitana and Sonya still apply then lol.

Pick Mileena. all you have to do is press D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4, D4 and throw in some enhanced teleport kicks since alot of people don't punish it right and you'll win!