What's new

Who hates Johnny Cage the most?

Who hates Johnny Cage the most?

• Total voters

Flagg

Noob
People shouldn't hate on Cage for being "one dimensional", as Kenshi. Kano and Nightwolf are pretty bog standard as well. It's just that Cage fucks people up way worse than them once he's within F3 range.

For a game where rush down is the way the game is geared, and Cage has arguably one of the best rush down in the game, zoners seem pretty powerful in this.

People shouldn't hate on Cage for being "one dimensional", as Kenshi. Kano and Nightwolf are pretty bog standard as well. It's just that Cage fucks people up way worse than them once he's within F3 range.

For a game where rush down is the way the game is geared, and Cage has arguably one of the best rush down in the game, zoners seem pretty powerful in this.
I hate playing him because even button mashing cages with no understanding of his frame data still are a pain. Then playing ppl.who do understand him is like...*sigh*

#IamMuffinMuggers

Flagg

Noob
I hate playing him because even button mashing cages with no understanding of his frame data still are a pain. Then playing ppl.who do understand him is like...*sigh*

#IamMuffinMuggers
Yeah I guess he can seem scrub friendly..I personally HATE being nailed by jip into, I think its F4, the move where he does a little cartwheel kick that launches you. I suppose it depends on who you main when you fight him.

This has been a controversial topic and I believe this community needs a leader.

Please vote for who you this is the most qualified for the title of "Greatest Hater of Johnny Cage".
lol but johnny cage is one of my favorite characters in the game. did you forget i used to main johhny cage?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Other: Kabal players who inexplicably lose to johnny cage (lbsh this shouldn't happen)
Soonk with dizzy
Ac1984 with me and mikemetroid at dungeon battles
I pissed off kevo a couple times
Ermacio in team yardley who eventually commited to counterpicking from his 7-3 possible 8-2 in kabal to a sure 8-2 with kenshi (and still losing half the time)
Dizzy fucking took it to REO the last time they played, and that little bitch had to counterpick the stage to avoid the L. Keep running your fucking mouth.

Question from a non-MK player, just from what I've gathered watching matches: Does any character in the game have remotely close to the chip output of Cage with standard blockstring pressure? When I see Dizzy play it's like every round he does 50% of the other player's health just off pure chip, it's insane relative to other games I see.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I played my lil brother using cage while talking in the Triforce voice.

I was like "Meter drain glitch on my F3, YEEESSSS". He just about punched me in the face lol.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Question from a non-MK player, just from what I've gathered watching matches: Does any character in the game have remotely close to the chip output of Cage with standard blockstring pressure? When I see Dizzy play it's like every round he does 50% of the other player's health just off pure chip, it's insane relative to other games I see.
Cage gets a ton of chip off his nut punch setups because they allow for a free jump-in. Off the jump in he can do a string that puts him at +3 on block and can then follow up with a 9 frame (keep in mind the fastest poke is 6 frames) advancing normal (knee) that leads into a frame trap if he has 1 bar of meter. The frame trap leaves him at +5 on block so he can proceed to do another 9 frame normal for more chip as long as the opponent doesn't armor out. His chip is hella awesome, but I actually think that Kung Lao's and Skarlet's might be better. Sonya has excellent chip as well because of her fast normals and safe strings.

With that said Cage is definitely the hardest character to get off you once he gets in.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Its all an illusion, don't believe the lies.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Dizzy fucking took it to REO the last time they played, and that little bitch had to counterpick th stage to avoid the L. Keep running your fucking mouth.
I forgot about that. I'm not trying to blow anybody up lol just joking around. Relax this is not a serious thread. Your obviously a great player most likely better than me, and so is dizzy. chill

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How about this one...cage is just doing f3, f3, f3, you notice a momentary hiccup in the very complicated timing and you cross him up to get out of the corner by way of the ill timed f3, but lulz on you! You just got b3ed out of your crossup from the mash happy autopilot cage online who has 420 in his gamertag! Ggs.

#IamMuffinMuggers
What are you talking about that B3 is always on purpose duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cage gets a ton of chip off his nut punch setups because they allow for a free jump-in. Off the jump in he can do a string that puts him at +3 on block and can then follow up with a 9 frame (keep in mind the fastest poke is 6 frames) advancing normal (knee) that leads into a frame trap if he has 1 bar of meter. The frame trap leaves him at +5 on block so he can proceed to do another 9 frame normal for more chip as long as the opponent doesn't armor out. His chip is hella awesome, but I actually think that Kung Lao's and Skarlet's might be better. Sonya has excellent chip as well because of her fast normals and safe strings.

With that said Cage is definitely the hardest character to get off you once he gets in.
duck