What's new

Which New Characters Should We Never See Again?

Which new characters should be dropped from future MK games?

• Ferra / Torr

Votes: 126 34.0%
  • Jaqui Briggs

Votes: 181 48.8%
  • Tremor

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 140 37.7%
  • Takeda

Votes: 87 23.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Kotal Khan

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 44 11.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • None

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
personally i would like to see mileena gone, shes just annoying.

All she does is chat shit and then get beat up every storymode and shes always annoying to play against but never top tier.

Last edited:

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I can see F/T just getting replaced and to be honest I never liked the Mad Max design they were going for. Annoying ass kid on a big brute when I really just wanna make the kid cry as much as possible. Gameplay wise they also look fucking boring. I could use a new grappler/brute character.

I did not vote on anyone else because I feel as if Kung Jin is fine... Jacqui is really bland in the looks and fighting department and just needs a revamp.

The Teen Titans of MK could be made a bit older and give them some actual personality and nothing that screams contrived and you'd be fine with them, but Cassie is like, the 2015 Johnny Cage with even lamer lines. I would like for her to have her own character. Just because she's the daughter of two MK kombatants does not mean she needs to be a hybrid. Give her an unique personality. I actually like Takeda the most because you can kinda feel for him. His voice is a bit annoying, but I like him overall. Jin is just a smarmy ass who, IMO could of had his story told better to show why he has the morals he does.

Jacqui... I don't even know where to start. I like her design wise (she's pretty I'll give them that), but her personality makes me fucking snooze. Her usage of technology like her dad was a nice touch but she needs some sort of personality to stand out more and I don't think a romance between Takeda and her fixes that.

Everyone else I liked and expect to make it back, but please can we elaborate more on who the fuck Erron Black is and why he is who he is, and why did D'Vorah straight up cop a page right out of Tanya's book for no motives whatsoever?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I wouldn't mind if they all returned. I think Ferra/Torr are unlikely to repeat, but I'd expect to see the other seven come back.

The kids are great, imo. Jacqui needs a flashier design and a better gimmick, but people really overstate how 'boring' she is. I think she's fun to play.

Erron Black is kind of boring to me, meanwhile -- he feels cliché -- but his design is cool enough that he's going to be around for a while.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think F/T was an inspired character concept / design, but they went wrong with giving them no story line. Given their interesting ending, I feel that the character could have been fleshed out more in story mode... instead they just made them another generic lackey like Erron / Reptile / Ermac etc - simply protecting the latest emperor.

It would have been a good idea to give F/T and Erron a 1 or 2 fight storyline in story mode to understand who they are and how they got there.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Some of the characters are going to have to be in the mortal Kombat competition for the next game.

I don't like ferra torr but it'd be cool to seem them in the arena brawling. Same goes for erron.

But that means Kotal Kahn has to be in.
Well definitely see more Cassie and the gang they're sorta a package.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I would gladly welcome Hsu Hao to every future MK game if it meant I would never have to see Erron Black and Devora again.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
ITT:

Fuck this entire thread and everything it stands for.

What you should be asking isn't "Who should we never see again", you should be asking "Who should NRS make better".

Take nothing and make it something, take bad and make it good, don't just take. That's like the dumbest way to approach problems like this.

There's an old saying or something like "when the lights in your house don't work you don't go out and buy a new house, you just fix the lights" or whatever. That, basically, but with characters.

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
To be honest most of the new characters if not all haven't been executed very well.

I really hope they all return and are better introduced / have a worthwhile role in the story then we can have this conversation.

Man screw that. It's time for NRS to man up and start eliminating the characters who have been in these games for 23 years. It's to the point where you can predict half the roster because they're too afraid to kill anyone off because of all the nostalgia train.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Okay so i voted for

Kung Jin : First time i saw him i thought, cool guy with bow! I love archers in almost every game, somehow i don´t like him at all :( (i haven´t tried him out though)

Cassie Cage : Looks like Miley Cyrus or Aaron Carter, also it seems like she replaced one of my favorite characters in the Game (Stryker). Don´t want to see her again

D`vorah : I don´t like insects :/

Reactions: D4G

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
It's pretty conditional for me.
If Jax is in another game, Jaxy should be out. If Johnny is in, Cassie should be out. I'm not too fond of the new squad tbh (mby except Takeda, for he has nice design and kick ass weapons). But it's easier for me to pick who I'd like to see back (Erron, D'vorah, Kotal, F/T). The rest is pretty much dependant on who will be on the roster.

skater11

The saltiest
Honestly I find it pretty hard to answer. The new comers have grown into me, they feel in place. I'd let NRS decide which ones stay and which ones go.

Anyways, favorite new characters: Cassie cage, Erron, Kotal Kahn. Not taking background story into consideration just pure gameplay, appearance, and design.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
jacqui, takeda, jin, ft to go. kotal has so much potential, hes a badass in the comics but a pussy in the game story, hopefully gets a better deal in the next game if he makes it

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Well i said F/T & Jax Daughter (so irrelevant I don't care to spell her name)

For f/t im not understanding there purpose in this point of time, the characters basically just popped out of nowhere during the story with no background story or explaination who they are at all (same for erron black) idk why nrs has been trying to pull that random character shit and have no background info. In mkx it's getting annoying so f/t is going to be the next most irrelevant character ever made.

Now as for corn rows, I understand they tried to make a team dealing with familiar characters children/family members to create something new to the story, but they could've done better with the story of corn rows, in my opinion shes just a black cassie , she's bland, ugly, and has no personality. Only good thing out of her character is that she secretly signed for the military which is interesting , but other then that she needs a new hair do or she needs to die in mk11

Schuyler

Noob
Personality wise I love all the new characters. I think there all pretty great and have interesting personality and trademark moves. If I had to pick one tremor because hes just boring in my opinion. Jaqui also could go I think in the story she didnt get that much spotlight like the rest of the team. If they tell us some more about ferra torrs history then that'll be a great character but if not they can defiantly go. I guess right now tremor or ferra torr.

Schuyler

Noob
Oh yes, and for me it is…

Erron Black – Sticks out like a sore thumb in the roster, looks cheesy and has no story line at all. The most “Un-Mortal Kombat” character in the game

Jaqui – Boring with lazy character design – I think she was developed late in the character design process. She should have been much better than this

Takeda – Completely generic looking and uninteresting

It almost feels like these characters were simply used to fill the roster

EDIT (Accidentally deleted)....

Yes I know that Takeda is a main character in the comic... does not stop him from being a boring character design in the game. Drawings in comics often do not translate well in to video graphics
I totally disagree about Takeda and Erron black. When we first saw Takeda a lot of people thought he was pretty cool. I love his outfit and his unique fighting style. I mean who would you rather fight the bitch with a sword or a guy with fucking razor sharp whips. He still has arguably the most gruesome fatality. As for Erron black I think hes a decent fit. His fighting style is cool and he was one of the most hyped up characters before the release. I wish they would have gave him a chapter or at least more lines in the story though. Erron black is doing it for the money just like kano so he defiantly fits in to me.

I'm torn on some of the Kombat Kids, I think all of them have something I like about them and something I dislike, so I don't think I would drop them, but I don't really care about them either. However I'd be completely fine with F/T going. I think they could use a "big" character but I don't think F/T is the right character for that. I think there are some neat ideas with Ferra riding on Torr's back but I would take different big character more like the one's they did in Injustice personally. Also of all of the new characters F/T probably seems the least important from a story perspective.

As for the other new characters I think Erron Black is alright, I don't think you would lose much from dropping him cause his role was rather miniscule, but I do like him personally. I don't know how Kotal would fit into a future storyline but I do think the character is interesting. I think D'Vorah is great. Also I wouldn't count Tremor as new.

So yeah, the only character I am completely uninterested in seeing again is F/T. I'd keep the others, but I wouldn't be pissed if they weren't in future games. They are way better then most of the characters introduced from like MK4 on in my opinion.