What's new

Which New Characters Should We Never See Again?

Which new characters should be dropped from future MK games?

• Ferra / Torr

Votes: 126 34.0%
  • Jaqui Briggs

Votes: 181 48.8%
  • Tremor

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 140 37.7%
  • Takeda

Votes: 87 23.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Kotal Khan

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 44 11.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • None

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters
I do believe all of the new characters should be given another shot, but based on their appearances in this game, these are the ones I really wouldn't mind if they got rid of. Jacqui, Cassie, Kung Jin, Takeda, and Tremor. Now I know that the main four are probably here to stay, but I really hope they change their personalities for the next game, I seriously can't stand them. I've complained about this before but the jokes and sassy personalities come off as completely contrived. They took up most of the story and I was bored the entire fucking time any of them were on screen.

Tremor should not return next game unless he has something to do with the story, a complete shit character. Maybe it's the leftover salt of him being on the roster when Fujin isn't, idk. His voice is cool, but that's about all he has going for him. I like the earth elemental idea, and his gameplay is okay overall, but I just don't find this character to be interesting. Him liking Johnny Cage's movies is tight tho lol

Characters that should return -
Erron Black - one of my favorites, hope he stays.
Kotal - He's an okay character, but once again he acted like a complete fucking idiot in story. Fix that shit and I wouldn't mind if he came back because he does have a very awesome design, and he's kinda fun to use.
Ferra/Torr - I like them. Their design is awesome imo and although they didn't really do anything storywise their ending was one of the few that I liked. I really hope we see some type of spin on that for the next game, I don't really care if Torr comes back or not, but I think they're unique and should be fleshed out.
D'Vorah - Her design is cool, but her story is the biggest problem about her. Basic betrayal trope stolen from Tanya, and has no motivations whatsoever. Gameplay wise she's pretty unique and I wouldn't mind if she came back if they fix her awful story.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Oh yes, and for me it is…

Erron Black – Sticks out like a sore thumb in the roster, looks cheesy and has no story line at all. The most “Un-Mortal Kombat” character in the game

Jaqui – Boring with lazy character design – I think she was developed late in the character design process. She should have been much better than this

Takeda – Completely generic looking and uninteresting

It almost feels like these characters were simply used to fill the roster

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Man all the new characters were pretty cool. Kung Jin is the only one I wanna see gone. Not because hes gay but hes just so annoying to fight. But all the new faces have cool backgrounds and great designs. So I wouldnt mind seeing Kung Jin again tbh. Now characters that should stay in the past are
Bo Rai Cho
Meat
Kuhbawl
i haven't had a problem with kung jin after balance patches, he isn't as safe anymore, you just have to respect NJP, Skydrop, F3, and F2, B1.

other than not blocking those i don't c a problem?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
There's way too many family members in MKX. Honestly I don't really care for any of the new MKX Family of Special Forces Christmas Special characters.

Kotal, D'vorah, Erron, F/T, and Tremor are great and I hope they dump the fucking MK Brady Bunch crap for MK11 but keep these 5.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
It's okay to be wrong, I guess.
Yeah I realised that... I actually had that in my post but accidentally deleted it (must have had it highlighted). This does not stop him from being a boring character design in the game... not the comics

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think everyone is homophobic... Kung jin hate

i voted kung jin

:DOGE
It has nothing to do with his sexual orientation and everything to do with how mid numbingly easy he is to play.

The dumber you are, the better you will be with Kung Jin.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Why is everyone saying FT is just a generic brute? The most generic brute they have ever done?! Really? My NJP and the fact I can throw a midget Tara Strong through projectiles makes for a more generic brute than punchwalk? I know they got shafted in story mode becausr you just beat them up twice and they were never properly introduced but thats not their fault :(

I actually like takeda and kung jin because they have unique weapons and outfits. Its too bad that the shitty writing in this game made all the new characters look bad.

GAV

Oh yes, and for me it is…

Erron Black – Sticks out like a sore thumb in the roster, looks cheesy and has no story line at all. The most “Un-Mortal Kombat” character in the game

Jaqui – Boring with lazy character design – I think she was developed late in the character design process. She should have been much better than this

Takeda – Completely generic looking and uninteresting

It almost feels like these characters were simply used to fill the roster

EDIT (Accidentally deleted)....

Yes I know that Takeda is a main character in the comic... does not stop him from being a boring character design in the game. Drawings in comics often do not translate well in to video graphics

GAV

Erron Black is the dopest new character in the game. His design is sweet and his dry humor personality produces some of the funniest lines in the game. Who the hell doesnt want him back? Gun wielding cowboy, whats not to like? 6 votes already, i feel like I'm taking crazy pills

I agree with you, but they're not hating on his design. They're hating on having to deal with his move-set.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Erron Black is the dopest new character in the game. His design is sweet and his dry humor personality produces some of the funniest lines in the game. Who the hell doesnt want him back? Gun wielding cowboy, whats not to like? 6 votes already, i feel like I'm taking crazy pills

I blame gunslinger for taking the hat from the other variations, we need some buffs man.

And all you people blaming KJ's votes on homophobia gtfo, he's an awful character and a complete dick in the story

JJV Phoenix

I'm not Vak goddamnit
New characters should all get another chance, they aren't nearly on the level of some past characters like Hsu Hao and Kobra. The only character I didn't find cool was Kung Jin, but I think he could benefit from having his personality fleshed out a bit more and not relegated to the role of "team bookworm".

Reactions: GAV

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I wouldn't care if I never see Jin, and Takeda ever again. I love F/T, but they got shafted. Not a big fan of cowboy stuff, so Erron is meh, but wouldn't mind seeing him again. I like the rest of the new comers, but they seriously need to revamp Jacqui. Her in fight dialogue, and her Boot camp costume are her saving graces for me

D

Deleted member 35141

Takeda, cassie, dvorah and kotal are here to stay, the other characters will probably be in another game at some point.
Man the hate for mortals in MORTAL kombat is crazy