What's new

Which New Characters Should We Never See Again?

Which new characters should be dropped from future MK games?

• Ferra / Torr

Votes: 126 34.0%
  • Jaqui Briggs

Votes: 181 48.8%
  • Tremor

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 140 37.7%
  • Takeda

Votes: 87 23.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Kotal Khan

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 44 11.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • None

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Wtf at all these anti-Jacqui votes?!
Maaan... shoulda only been allowed to vote 1 character. Mine went to that Marty Stu of a character called Erron Black.

For me there only obe Jacqui, 0 effort in her design. Besides being the daughter of Jax she has nothing. 0 personality, lame look, lame moves, 0 importance to the story. The only waste of a spot.

Kogia

Noob
Jaqui just seems like the dullest contribution to the series, her look is really unimaginative, her & Cassie are very similar in look & style, but Cassie does it all better and with a bit of humour. I'm all for a black female character, but they really needed to do more with her. As a very old gamer from way back with the first MK, I actually love all of the new characters, except Jaqui. They could hugely improve her with some new costumes, cyborg-ise her? Her powers would seem to fit that, anything really. Having said that even her moves feel less inspiring than anyone else.

Afumba

Noob
Dvorah is hands down the coolest of the new characters. Just awesome overall.

EB comes in second. Just dig the cowboy stuff and the mysertious theme he has going for him.

Cassie and Jacqui i put at the same level +/- at 3rd. Although I´d give the edge slightly to Cassie cuz they put way more effort into her than Jacqui... beeing the new protaginist and all. If Cassie wouldnt have the "Cage funny aspect" going for her though i would put Jacqui probably over Cassie. Cassies personality also seems just too forced at times. But they rly should have put more effort into Jacqui, seemed unfinished and rushed compared to others. Anyways... for me its comparable to JC vs Jax... both characters are iconic but i would never ever ever EVER vote for Jax over JC.
Jax was always the normalo soldier while JC/Sonya were in the spotlight... at least for me Jax was always the guy that was just there.

Takeda comes in 5th. Hope he wont look that dumb in future though. Dumbest looking character in MKX.

Kotal gets 6th as he doesnt appeal to me at all as a character & how he plays, even though i like the Aztec theme.

Jin is just annoying. Jins background story is as lame as it gets & his personality is pathetic at best. I wouldnt have any problem at all if someone else would be the "bow character"... like Fujin. The only reason he doesnt make last is just cuz he is at least annoying... thats something. Last spot guy is just irrelevant in every regard.

Ferra/Torr easily makes the last spot.... i wish i dont have to see them ever again. I like the 2 in 1 concept even though i hate big characters.
Beside that though she is just irrelevant. I dont like how she plays and story-wise no one would notice if they write her of without any mentions. Most irrelevant characters story-wise and has no interesting background going for her (not that i know of). Gets the price for dumbest lackey. Baraka partied hard once he learned of F/T lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
really the only one that needs the boot for the next game is F/T and i only say that becuase of their ending... the process should continue like this..it was a very good idea! ..

all the others are needed whether you like them or not... all the freshmen are needed cause they are the kids.. Kotal is needed cause he needs to mature into a straight beast . and D'vorah cause i need more Honeybee hype matches to watch . haha but really.. i think they all should stay ..

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
They did good with the new bad characters, but the new good guys are completely boring and uninspired
Completely agree. Basically the whole top/right half of the select screen is off-limits for me besides Sub-Zero. Takeda is the most interesting concept of them, but man, they gave him douchey personality.

Bad guys are great Ferra/Torr is the most interesting concept. He's bad ass. So is Kotal and D'Vorah. Erron Black is a step below, but he's way better than the boring millenial crew.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Completely agree. Basically the whole top/right half of the select screen is off-limits for me besides Sub-Zero. Takeda is the most interesting concept of them, but man, they gave him douchey personality.

Bad guys are great Ferra/Torr is the most interesting concept. He's bad ass. So is Kotal and D'Vorah. Erron Black is a step below, but he's way better than the boring millenial crew.
i think you are combining Takeda and Kung Jin -
Kung jin is the one with the snarky attitude

TamedLizard

Buff George
Kotal is still hands down my favorite of the newbies. Looking forward to what he brings to future installments.

I voted Ferra/Torr, Jacqui, and Cassie. I can make due with Cassie since it seems she's not just going to disappear after that big story win (poo). But the other two? Yeh, I can live without.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
i think you are combining Takeda and Kung Jin -
Kung jin is the one with the snarky attitude
They both have the douchey millenial thing. Takeda just has the more interesting concept of the crew which is why I commented. He could be cool if it was like back in the day and you didn't have to hear him talk in story mode and shit.

Eating celery is less bland than the other three.

badb

Noob
This survey is sad as it is close to the tier list...Ironically one of the most popular streamers plays Jaqui Briggs...I am well aware of the joke and poor play but 2-3k viewers is about as hype as it gets. F/T has unique game mechanics unlike many others and is pretty cool. Yeah, both are bottom 5 but as I pointed out...this survey is like a tier list except for Kung Jin who is generic and boring.

The only ones I want to see gone are Takeda, Cassie, Jaqui, and Kung Jin. To me they're all just pretty boring sidekicks of existing characters. Sadly though, actually interesting characters like Erron Black and F/T didn't seem to get any story or screen time, so aside from design their characters are, for now, pretty bland. I just think the sidekicks could've been replaced with more imaginative and interesting characters or replaced with fan favorites.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
All the new characters are great.

I think Shinnok is the only character in this game I think of when I think of waste of a spot

He's like Shang but worse in every conceivable way

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Don't like Jacqui. Killing her off might give Takeda more personality too. Don't like Jin. He always reminds me of Springtrap in the character select screen. I also don't really care for most of the new characters except for Takeda and Erron because they look cool. I'd like Cassie if she didn't kill Shujinko in her ending.

Kogia

Noob
Most (I'm excluding Jaqui from this, as I do find her very dull) of the new characters are pretty solid in my opinion, they all offer something different and have good potential in design & moves. They all need some costume love though.

D'Vorah is inspired, really great in so many ways.

Ferra/Torr may need some buffs to their effectiveness, but as a concept character design it's really quite special.

Takeda is a nice design alternative to Scorpion I think, the game really needed another character for the legion of Scorpion fans to choose (like Street Fighter with Ken & Ryu) - MK online is in danger of getting stale when all you fight sometimes is Scorpion. It may not have worked entirely, but his moves share some similarities and obviously their story is linked, he may need a few buffs and could really do with some more interesting costumes, but the basic moves design and character are pretty decent and leave a lot of room to work with. I wouldn't mind seeing him become a classic ninja of some colour. The whips are a very cool combat design.

Kung Jin as well is a great new design and I think he fits perfectly. I don't particularly like using him, but I do think he fits into the MK world well.

Cassie has some of the more obvious flaws with the new characters and is in dire need of something interesting to wear, but she kind of does it all well and with a bit of flare and humour. She is fun.

Erron Black is for me like Kung Jin, I don't find him fun to use, but he fits in and his move set works really well. Nice character addition overall.

Kotal is interesting, has great potential that is just not quite achieved, but just a few tweaks would work very nicely.

I'm certainly not missing older uninspired characters like Stryker, or even Jade. The idea that only new characters are not the best designs is looking at the history of the game slightly skewed.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Jade is not so much uninspired as she is underutilized. Sure she's simply a badass warrior who is the bestie/bodyguard to Kitana but there are far worse designs Plus, let's not forget many mainstays are pretty uninspired. I mean, Liu Kang was essentially just the token Asian character and Johnny was always the douchey Hollywood character.