What's new

Which New Characters Should We Never See Again?

Which new characters should be dropped from future MK games?

• Ferra / Torr

Votes: 126 34.0%
  • Jaqui Briggs

Votes: 181 48.8%
  • Tremor

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • Kung Jin

Votes: 140 37.7%
  • Takeda

Votes: 87 23.5%
  • D'Vorah

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • Kotal Khan

Votes: 33 8.9%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 44 11.9%
  • Cassie Cage

Votes: 52 14.0%
  • None

Votes: 42 11.3%

• Total voters

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
can we just all admit that Jacqui is the most boring character in the history of video games ! we have a lot of Special Forces characters yet she's the only one who doesn't have any personality and to me she's just like the dude who was driving the airplane and got killed the first minute of the game ! JACQUI YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I think you guys are missing this...

Everyone ever in MK was kind of generic upon entry. Look at the throwback costumes of characters at their beginning. Kung Lao doesn't count either because his first appearance was a comeback.

These characters are designed to start off bland. If they survive, they will get an infusion of style.

At least they're believable and not comical.

Scorpion....I don't care if he's not a new character. I'm tired of that fuckboy being in the games.
Someone finally said it lol. But seeing as he's Ed Boon's favorite, and have been in everything MK related since the franchises inception, it's safe to say he will always return. Him and Sub-zero.

Most of them seem to come off as really irritating, angsty teens.

God at least the characters from MK 1 were bad ass from the start, and were like something from an old chinese mythology.

Kotal Kahn is amazing however. As is D'vorah. Even Ferra Torr. They all look like they belong in the MK universe. Erron is pretty cool, but feels a tad out of place.

The "kids" just come across as really weak, lame versions of already amazing characters.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Really?

I can't be alone in thinking they are all terrible. I would never pick any of those characters, ever.
Seth is swag as fuck,rufus is a ton of fun to play and I love his ott design,nothing more entertaining than the idea of a 500lbs slob with a instant air dive kick.i'm not a fan of Abel although their are aspects of his move set i quite like.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Kung Jin : douchebag asshole that pretend to be cool but end to being a complete crap idiot ;)
Ferra/Torr: awkward stupid duo that adds nothing to MK universe :confused:
Kotal Kahn : no way in hell this boring character can replace Shao Kahn !! In fact, Kotal try hard to appear "menacing" , but looks like kinda a smurf in steroids .... bring Shao Khan back , NRS !! :p

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
All the kids.

I thought the family reunion thing was the laziest fuckin' thing but I didn't really have anything against the characters.

Then I heard them speak in story mode.

Rotten little shits, the whole lot.

DEFINITELY wanna see more from Ferra/Torr though. Probably the one new addition that NRS could actually develop and have it not be sickening.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Most of them seem to come off as really irritating, angsty teens.

God at least the characters from MK 1 were bad ass from the start, and were like something from an old chinese mythology.

The "kids" just come across as really weak, lame versions of already amazing characters.
So what you're saying is that they successfully portrayed young adults in a series that has mostly been about adults (Sonya was 26 in MK, she was definitely not meant to be a kid) and that is bad?

Lol actually I forgot how young they are and this has made me actually like them better. They actually have characters they can develop storywise!

DEFINITELY wanna see more from Ferra/Torr though. Probably the one new addition that NRS could actually develop and have it not be sickening.
I don't see it honestly. There's nothing much to Ferra/Torr considering their ending. Besides, if they haven't really embellished on an actual iconic character (Reptile) then what hope does that waste of space Master/Blaster-wannabe have?

actually I think we will never see again "variations", what the point to work to much and make 3 variations if later all play the same variation ? I mean there is no more raiden, there is thunder god, or grandmaster, bojitsu, outlaw etc.
Honestly, I think they will be back. I mean, they've been making it a thing since DA. I would rather then focus on one good style and maybe a separate one for weapons but eh, can't complain.

Jacqui and Takeda could be erased from the character select screen like Hulk Hogan tomorrow and I wouldn't care.
We're not going to bring two different topics like that on here. The immortal one should NOT be remembered for something he stated 8 years ago, when the best part of MK was in it's worse form. Not going to let you do that.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
It would be amazing if Shinnok was never playable again.

As for the new characters, they all deserve a 2nd chance. Especially Kung Jin, he's actually my favorite character from the special forces side, I just would want NRS to design him to be more of a high tier thinking man's character next game instead of the brain dead high tier we got in the form of Bojutsu.

Last edited:
I really like all the MKx "next generation" characters.

I loved that NRS decided to do something interesting with the roster this time, instead of just the same old crap again and again. Apart form the "must have" like Subs, Scorp, Radian etc etc. I mean that would be like Street Fighter with out Ryu, Ken, Chun, Cami etc etc etc.

I think the problem with NRS games is that the characters are so good that people get very attached to them and this coupled with the fact that the roster is so large meant that people were just pissed that their fav characters did not get in on the game.

Khan, Cassie, D'Vorah especially resonate with me but I like pretty much all of the new cast and the most important part is that I think that they made the correct decisions to add these new guys.

I hope MK11 has more new talent, and more DLC to add the classics if people want to buy them.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I don't love any of the new characters other than Kotal. Cassie was cooler before all the other Kombat Kids came around.

But the ones that straight up suck are Takeda, Kung Jin, Jacqui and Ferra/Torr. D'Vorah's shit too even though she's actually an OK character but she's still a bitch and she sucks so fuck her.

Tremor is freaking cool, if he counts.

Jacqui needs a revamp, that character is just... nothing.

Sai

Noob
Takeda and Kung Jin are annoying. Jacqui is there. Even in her player screen entrance she just walks up when you hover over her...lol. I think Kotal Kahn and D'vorah are really nicely done, but D'vorah is a cunt for storymode. Erron Black has a nice design, but I don't think he meshes too well with the MK Universe. Cassie has funny fatalities.

It would be amazing if Kano was never playable again.

As for the new characters, they all deserve a 2nd chance. Especially Kung Jin, he's actually my favorite character from the special forces side, I just would want NRS to design him to be more of a high tier thinking man's character next game instead of the brain dead high tier we got in the form of Bojutsu.
fixed that 4 u m8 :)

Kinda dissapointed at this poll, genuinely expected the majority to be none, i guess, people just want what they want, without consideration of others.
We should use our imaginations to come up with ways to make them better characters, in ways that don't come down to "remove from select screen".
I don't think MKX has anything that bad except Ferra/Torr. I really do not get the love for that character. They could easily make a better grappler and people would forget about F/T immediately.
Opinions differ, and we have varying perspectives on things. There are people who enjoy horror movies, but I don't get how horror films are enjoyable; there are people who enjoy dubstep because it elicits a positive response from their ears, while others hear only meaningless noise. In the same way, Ferra & Torr are my favorites of the new characters, but you don't get why people love F/T, because they clash or don't mesh with your natural preferences and current perspective of mind.

To sum up why I love them: they are adorable, they blend well together and they are an interesting concept for a new MK character. It's mainly decided by the adorable factor: Noob Saibot (my favorite of the classics) makes me smile because of how cool he is, while Ferra & Torr make me smile from how cute they are; which results in a more positive emotion than what Saibot gives me, and is good for my health, too.

If they were replaced by a better grappler, gameplay-wise, I would not forget about Ferra/Torr. If they were replaced by a "better grappler", story-wise, I would not forget about Ferra/Torr unless the replacement surpasses them in the adorable factor.

tl;dr: Different things are liked by different people, and for varying reasons, too! Every character, "good" and "bad", has fans. That includes Hsu Hao, Drahmin, Darrius, Kira, and even Mokap!

The real question here is which new stages will we never see at all?
:DOGE
The Hidden Portal?

Oh wait, you're talking about the new stages in MKX. In that case: probably all of them! :p