What's new

Question Where Are The 7-3's? (The Difficult To Impossible MU Thread)

everything vs my fraudulent bojutsu KJ is a 9-1 MU lol XD
I rly need to come back to MKX to do some more neutral jumps and see whether it is still working or not :p

Sub-Zero (including Grand Master) versus Swarm Queen D'vorah. Easily 7-3 for D'vorah, not even close. You can damn near make an argument for 8-2. You can not lock down the Bug Lady with any sort of clone pressure because of the ovipositor rush buff. You can't do damage to her really because you can't open her up and she hits harder than Sub midscreen. It is a HORRIFIC match up, but thankfully one of few for Sub.
Who doesn't hit harder than Subz midscreen? Lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Sub Zero is a bad argument.

1. People playing against Sub always try to fight the clone, bad idea. (Stop walking into it, throwing normals into it, trying to make obvious escapes etc.)

2. Sub players playing against characters that can deal with the clone, are always trying to clone in situations where it's pointless.

So neither side is refined enough to have a true representation yet IMO.

Tweedy

Noob
War God's hardest matches, in my opinion, are like Piercing Mileena, Gunslinger Erron, Shinnok(BS and Imposter).

Not sure if any would be considered 7-3. Prob not.

Edit: Balanced is also hard for War God with the B1 buff but I don't even wanna start in another thread after the last few days lol.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Does anybody have good experience for Mileena vs Pretty Lady? Seems like a pretty rough MU for PL in theory. She can counter zone him, teleport and make it safe on block, good neutral and keep constant pressure.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Bo has slow mobility compared to Smokes excellent mobility.
Bo has poor mids compared to Smokes excellent mid.
Bo has nothing but gaps in his offence and Smoke can blow that up pretty massively.
Bo has to hold Smoke just walking back and laming him out with Smoke Bombs, B2 - When Smoke backs himself to a corner, it's easy for him to escape with all of the meter he built from being lame by utilising EX Phases - which then can be repeated.

I've played this match with Youph and I suck at MKX but this is a MU that I do well in aaaall the time.

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
What I'm getting from this thread is to always have a main and up to two pocket characters. Your main for normal matches. Then if your main can't handle zoning you need an anti-zoner. Then if your main or anti-zoner can't handle GM Sub you need a pocket character against him. Then all your match ups are covered.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Grandmaster vs Swarm Queen 3-7
Grandmaster vs Shaolin 3-7
Grandmaster vs Blood God 7-3
Impostor vs F/T 7-3/8-2
Scorpion vs Jax 3-7
Scorpion vs Dragon's Fire 3-7
Scorpion vs A-List 3-7

On a side note, more really lopsided matchups.

Triborg vs nerfs.
Kenshi vs buffs.
Tom Brady vs ice clone.
SonicFox vs PL.
ForeverKing vs shoes.
Paulo Garcia vs TYM

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
2. Sub players playing against characters that can deal with the clone, are always trying to clone in situations where it's pointless.
Playing GM without being able to utilize clone puts the Sub player in a worse situation than playing Unbreakable. I agree that people exaggerate Sub matchups on both sides of the aisle and that the meta has room to evolve to a higher level around counter-clone play and counter-counter-clone play; however, his frame data doesn't change no matter how adept at the MU you get and to say Sub's normals leave something to be desired is a very big understatement. Despite popular belief, B2 is not the answer to every neutral scenario.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
Its bad, but the 8-2 is against Vicious.
Lackey actually does have options, though you can just pick GM sub zero against him and get your 8-2 that way instead :(
I think it's 7-3 for Imposter vs Ferra/Torr across the board. I think Sorcerer Quan Chi and Relentless Jason also 7-3 all of Ferra/Torr. Acidic Alien and Shirai Ryu Takeda are also huge problems, not sure if they are 6-4 or 7-3 though.