What's new

Question - Shinnok What's The Communities Opinion On Shinnok?

Give me your opinions

• Total voters

GGA Max

I gotta ask Max, by "I don't see the problem" do they mean that they think Shinnok is a viable character or that he doesn't cause them any issues? Just a tad confused on your wording.
That's actually an inside joke from when one of our membest got salty at prepatch shinnok.

I'll let them talk about their opinions, but from what I can tell they understand he has dominant footsies, a 5050, and good mobility. I think everyone has different opinions on his actual tier though.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Man who gives a shit about what tier hes at right now that shit doesnt matter when barely anyone knows matchups at this point

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
That's actually an inside joke from when one of our membest got salty at prepatch shinnok.

I'll let them talk about their opinions, but from what I can tell they understand he has dominant footsies, a 5050, and good mobility. I think everyone has different opinions on his actual tier though.
You're definitely making his footsie game look good, I particularly like your use of d4. We'll see if the people you tagged respond but good info, thanks!

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
If shit was based entirely on what it looked like it could do
We're not argueing about what the move COULD do based on the looks. Spear looks high and it hits high. Now let's make it a low and leave the same animation

Edited by zaf

Last edited by a moderator:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
What is giving you trouble? Is there anything shinnok players are doing in particular that is frustrating you?
Hell Sparks, I am so scared of that move being EX'd, I know its unsafe if they do not EX it but just the thought of it gets me.

I play Sonya, Kung Jin, Raiden and Goro and I can't seem to find who has the best matchup.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Hell Sparks, I am so scared of that move being EX'd, I know its unsafe if they do not EX it but just the thought of it gets me.

I play Sonya, Kung Jin, Raiden and Goro and I can't seem to find who has the best matchup.
I would say you just have to take the risk and make the read they won't meter burn it. Shinnok is very meter dependant so they don't want to spend the meter either. Show them that if they want to be safe they have to and force them off that meter.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Autism much ? We're not argueing about what the move COULD do based on the looks. Spear looks high and it hits high. Now let's make it a low and leave the same animation
You responded favorably to a post asking for two of Shinnok's STANDING normals to become a low and an overhead respectively, for no other reason then "they LOOK like they have those hit levels". I might possibly be autistic but I don't need to be Rain Man to count the ways that shit's retarded.

Retarded, yeah, definitely yeah. Definitely retarded.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan

I fought against a Sonya today in ranked, that if a air dive kick is executed perfectly all hellsparks will whiff and you have ample time to punish Shinnok even more so than usual so set him up with an hkd and just corner carry. I cannot beat Sonyas anymore as Shinnok at least trying to space them with Hellsparks, it seems to be a very ineffective tool at least against her and I know Kung Jin can do a similar thing.

EDIT: I mean as in like an instant air dive kick or close to it as possible. Yes it'll leave you standing right next to Shinnok (Kung Jin actually will hit him but not Sonya, I believe Lao can even do the same thing.) but he will not be able to do anything but eat the damage or break due to the recovery and long animation of Hellsparks.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
might be able to see a bone shaper shinnok get top 8 if he uses imposter variation in some matchups...
maybe... It would have to be a top player i think...
It would almost have to be a requirement, but I still think characters like Sonya open him up regardless. You would have to be lucky with who you draw against in pools. I really think the higher tiers kinda hand him his ass.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I think Impostor was fine pre-patch

post-patch the hell sparks MB thing is a little bit broken

Shinnok will rise to top 10 soon

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Buff Necro Shinnok's tracking and active frames on bone flick and bone grab. This is what needs to be done.
Necromancer is the variation I've wanted to play since day one.

That said, watching TCW makes we want to learn Bone Shaper. A lot.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Necromancer is the variation I've wanted to play since day one.

That said, watching TCW makes we want to learn Bone Shaper. A lot.
Me too. I remember watching the variation breakdowns pre-release and when I saw Necromancer I said, "that's the one right there". Then I played the game and that was that lol. Bone Shaper does look like it has potential though, even Imposter. It's Necro that looks like straight butt cheeks.

Though if they did something as easy as fix his bone specials to operate the way that they should, that would make him the ideal zoning character of the game. To be honest, if they make them track like Kenshi's specials and have that type of hitbox he'd probably be my main for the entire lifespan of the game. But I just can't live with people running at me full speed for combos directly through my special lol.

A part of me feels that during testing Necro had a strong zoning/spacing/footsies combination pre-release and someone said, "oh no, we can't have thissss in MKX. Make sure those mixup characters can run right through that stuff." Lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Me too. I remember watching the variation breakdowns pre-release and when I saw Necromancer I said, "that's the one right there". Then I played the game and that was that lol. Bone Shaper does look like it has potential though, even Imposter. It's Necro that looks like straight butt cheeks.

Though if they did something as easy as fix his bone specials to operate the way that they should, that would make him the ideal zoning character of the game. To be honest, if they make them track like Kenshi's specials and have that type of hitbox he'd probably be my main for the entire lifespan of the game. But I just can't live with people running at me full speed for combos directly through my special lol.

A part of me feels that during testing Necro had a strong zoning/spacing/footsies combination pre-release and someone said, "oh no, we can't have thissss in MKX. Make sure those mixup characters can run right through that stuff." Lol
Reptile is a developer at NRS?

Shinnok has good space control, good anti air, frame traps with meter, has a 50/50 now, decent damage, and good meter building. Shinnok could make top 8 at a major, and then would need some luck in matchups to do well in top 8. My opinion. Let him rock.