What's new

What nuances with MKX have you come to like/dislike?

kayuza

meanwhile..
  • liked pre-release & still like: evolution of legacy characters
  • disliked pre-release & now like: mileena?
  • liked pre-release & now dislike: story length, faction battles, some variations lacking unique combo strings, mkx mobile app
  • disliked pre-release & still dislike: inability to switch variations in-match, content update schedule, no jade or reiko :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9158

I like the insane amount of depth in the game, I just wish I had the time to play it more. I guess I had less of a life 4 years ago when mk9 dropped.

I also like the inclusion of a block breaker. Makes getting out of insane corner pressure a lot easier.

What I dont like:

- backdash restrictions
- no invincibility on wake up
- 14% uppercuts
- the run mechanic
- erron black

I think it's a great game though

Edit!: how there is only 1 animation for each characters throw. In mk9 the direction of the throw changed the animation, which was cool

Last edited by a moderator:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The timing for getting up in the corner.

In MK9 and Injustice I had a habit of getting someone into a corner, then after a knockdown or two, once I felt that they'd be blocking immediately, I'd initiate a throw. In MKX, I always seem to whiff that throw by doing it too early, even when I feel like I've waited long enough. I just don't get it and it drives me crazy.

The timing for getting up in the corner.

In MK9 and Injustice I had a habit of getting someone into a corner, then after a knockdown or two, once I felt that they'd be blocking immediately, I'd initiate a throw. In MKX, I always seem to whiff that throw by doing it too early, even when I feel like I've waited long enough. I just don't get it and it drives me crazy.
They are probably delaying their wake up.

RexxyC

what's done is done
I hate with a burning passion: Shinnok's move-list. This is fucking SHINNOK we're talking about here, he's a former fucking Elder God. Why does he have a shoulder rush and (exaggerating a bit) half of Shang Tsung's move list? Why doesn't he get his staff, shouldn't the final boss of the game take priority over Kung fucking Jin on the conceptual board? He has some of the most uninspired moves, along with half of his animations just looking strange to begin with. You know why they didn't show more Shinnok? He's not as cool or good as he should be.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
- Delayed wake-ups
- The way armor is setup this time
- interactables for corner-outs
- Fluid Game play

Dislikes:

- Having to use run cancel (I hate the mechanic)
- Waiting 18 years for stamina to refill after a breaker.
- Online is fucked, at least for the moment.
- No Smoke (da fuq?)

I love the amount of depth to this game for sure. And I don't mind the different turn NRS took for this MK. I just felt like they could have pushed back the release a little longer to fully fine-tune and produce it.

But it's still awesome, and I'm loving it more than MK9.

jaepeso170

I Have A Plan...Attack
I hate the input lag, i pull off crazy combos offline but once i try online they never work...even somethin as simple as b22 into spear with Takeda

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I don't like the very strange frame data on some characters normals and specials.

Kitanna's makes no sense, Fisticuff Cages makes no sense, Mileenas sai and teleport on hit make no sense, just those little things. Luckily, those can still be adjusted. :)

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Gameplay, darker tone, new arenas. regarding gameplay, a lot of things to get used to, but very satisfying once you understand how it plays.

Dislikes:

Second half of story rushed, needed more stages, roster not taking risks like adding at least Fujin, Reiko, and Havik, or Sarena as playable.