What's new

What mechanics/features would you like carried over from Injustice to MK10?

What mechanics/features from Injustice would you like to see in MK10?

• Total voters

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Aside from better training mode and in game frame data all others options from injustice won't fit in MK.

Pushblock is not better than breaker, MK is a game with rushdown feature, where ppl build meter with blockstrings, adding pushblock is contradicting the better meter building mechanic the game was designed for.

It wouldn't just give ppl free out of pressure, but very shorten ways to open ppl up, adding that to characters who build meter faster it would weight the match a lot to one single side, just like in injustice, power characters with armor, strong zoning and spacing control, sits over a interactable while zoning...

same principle here, strong meter building character with full bar of meter and life lead, turtles...

The breaker mechanic fits with the game better, because it adds the 3 bars of meter management skill, not pushing ppl away by the cost of half bar everytime a rushdown character should be rewarded to get in.
Ah- I didn't mean to suggest Pushblocking as an alternative to breakers at all. It's definitely not a proper substitute and certainly has its fair share of flaws in IGAU's iteration of the system (which could easily change in the theoretical game that is MK10, mind you). I was just mentioning it because while I do like the concept of pushblocking, I get why others don't.

On the subject of breakers, I think that MK9's Breakers ultimately dilute the strategy of meter management (because of how strong an option it is) and trivializes risk once you have sufficient meter. There has to be a way to rebalance meter and/or breakers to make it less destructive (imo) to the game's depth.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ah- I didn't mean to suggest Pushblocking as an alternative to breakers at all. It's definitely not a proper substitute and certainly has its fair share of flaws in IGAU's iteration of the system (which could easily change in the theoretical game that is MK10, mind you). I was just mentioning it because while I do like the concept of pushblocking, I get why others don't.

On the subject of breakers, I think that MK9's Breakers ultimately dilute the strategy of meter management (because of how strong an option it is) and trivializes risk once you have sufficient meter. There has to be a way to rebalance meter and/or breakers to make it less destructive (imo) to the game's depth.
MK just happened to have vortex characters with powerful guessing games after resets, the followups weren't all linear and some of these characters would mix it up for hard blocking where in case you already breaked, meterless you would be screwed if you guessed wrong.
That is why some ppl hate the breaker mechanic of this game in general.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm on this board because of Injustice, but man, none of the things the OP listed are things that should happen to Mortal Kombat. MK needs to stay MK - Injustice is not a continuation, either directly or in spirit, to MK. It's a different game with different rules and different mechanics, and those should stay in Injustice.

The improved training mode, frame data inclusions and optional alternate controls are all things that would be great to carry over, but none are related to gameplay. I think a lot of classically non-MK players would really appreciate future NRS games having the option for SF controls, and the improved training mode and frame data are dead obvious? The rest of it? Leave it for the DC cast.

Error

DF2+R2
I can totally get the rest, even if I'm in favour of pusblocking.
Actually, I crossed off push-blocking myself, unless MK10 has crazy block pressure like Nightwing's but with more chip I don't think it's really needed.

AntMan

Banned
I feel I should point two things out:

1. Some people are saying the stuff I listed are terrible for MK10, but they're the only distinguishing features IGAU has from MK9. I couldn't list anything else! Lol.

2. Some people are using MK9's top broken characters to justify the exclusion of pushblock. I do NOT expect MK10 to have characters like Kabal or Cage, so stop saying, "imagine if ____ had pushblock". They are horribly designed. As for breakers, the entire system needs to be rehauled. Maybe not by replacing it with Clashes, but I feel it needs to be rectified one way or another. Please don't assume MK10 will merely be MK9 2.0. Have fun with the idea of changes. It doesn't have to be, or will be, Injustice 2.0 either! :)

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
how would you implement traits on a game that has 4 button controls? Just keep the training mode honestly. Injustice plays more like a hybrid of an anime fighter, and sf. I would rather mk stay mk with 4 button controls ie lp,hp,lk,hk. The breaker system wasn't that bad as it gave you nothing but some time to re-think your strategy. I think the only thing that need to be done is make the combos look a bit flashier. Other than that I'm good.

AntMan

Banned
how would you implement traits on a game that has 4 button controls? Just keep the training mode honestly. Injustice plays more like a hybrid of an anime fighter, and sf. I would rather mk stay mk with 4 button controls ie lp,hp,lk,hk. The breaker system wasn't that bad as it gave you nothing but some time to re-think your strategy. I think the only thing that need to be done is make the combos look a bit flashier. Other than that I'm good.
Trait could be triggered with stance button or LB (on 360).

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I know what I am going to say will sound stupid, but for me has some importance. I'd like to keep the system that when the fight ends, both players can choose between rematch and selecting a new fighter, because this reduces the talking between players MK 9's system makes necessary. I like that both players choose stage, too, and I think maybe the game is a bit faster.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I hope not, MK9's blocking is the reason for random advantage, it needs to be improved on.
"Random advantage" masquerades are the reason for an alarming lack of counterpoking fundamentals, they need to be improved on.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I feel I should point two things out:

1. Some people are saying the stuff I listed are terrible for MK10, but they're the only distinguishing features IGAU has from MK9. I couldn't list anything else! Lol.

2. Some people are using MK9's top broken characters to justify the exclusion of pushblock. I do NOT expect MK10 to have characters like Kabal or Cage, so stop saying, "imagine if ____ had pushblock". They are horribly designed. As for breakers, the entire system needs to be rehauled. Maybe not by replacing it with Clashes, but I feel it needs to be rectified one way or another. Please don't assume MK10 will merely be MK9 2.0. Have fun with the idea of changes. It doesn't have to be, or will be, Injustice 2.0 either! :)
well imagine if one the other characters had push block and you played a character like scorpion who had to force his way in. His d4 was ass, and d3 was -7, an 8 10 frame 1, 10 frame 2, and an 8 frame 3, none of which guarantees you any pressure cause none are positive on block. How would it feel if you finally got in just to be push blocked then have to try all over again. especially with such a risky game plan. How do characters with holes in their already in their strings do anything. That would make zoning in mk way to powerful, and make the string rushdown characters stronger because they already have tools they could use to get in and stay in, but now they would have the tools to just push you away and get back in and start over. Ie sonya, or Jax. Both have great frame advantage on strings. Both do good damage, both have resets, fast advancing safe (armored) specials/ and both good punishers and mix-up. Pushbock would make their advance darn near unstoppable. just my opinion though.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Guys, you cant say push blocking(or any mentioned feature) and say something like, "CAN YOU IMAGINE BLAH BLAH BLAH WITH PUSH BLOCK, HE'D DOMINATE!!!!"

We arent talking about fucking Mk9 here. Everything always seems to go back to MKfucking9.

I know what I am going to say will sound stupid, but for me has some importance. I'd like to keep the system that when the fight ends, both players can choose between rematch and selecting a new fighter, because this reduces the talking between players MK 9's system makes necessary. I like that both players choose stage, too, and I think maybe the game is a bit faster.
You can do that in MK9 just saying

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
So far the only characters we can pretty much confirm are Johnny Cage, Raiden, Quan Chi, Sektor, Cyrax, Scorpion, and Shao Khans team aka Mileena, Baraka, Kano, and Sheeva. I'm sure some form of Sub Zero will be in the game too. Do we have any idea what happened to Noob Saibot? He could pretty easily return as well.
MK4 cast will be back :D. God, i really want to see Reiko, Fujin and Tanya!!! Maybe few chars from 3d era will fit the story like Sareena and Bo Rai Cho.

Error

DF2+R2
"Random advantage" masquerades are the reason for an alarming lack of counterpoking fundamentals, they need to be improved on.
Are you saying it doesn't exist? Because I believe it was Somberness who found it, of course there are people who will blame losses on it when it was their own fault, but it's there.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The only one: meter burn, since it can be done instantly like enhanced moves, or on hit confirmation.
Also character trait for full meter instead of x-ray would be a neat idea.