What's new

What mechanics/features would you like carried over from Injustice to MK10?

What mechanics/features from Injustice would you like to see in MK10?

• Total voters

ryublaze

Noob
Replace stance switch with character traits, plus traits would add more depth and variety to each character. Pushblock would be fine in MK10 too but I personally don't like everyone having the easy way out of pressure and instead rely on poking out or using armor.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Only training mode, no p1 advantage and no meter drain glitch. Oh and lets see some of that awesome "balance" Injustice has. :joker:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Don't worry, zombie Kabal has even more advantage on ndc, besides, he didn't die from getting completely burned by Kintaro so what makes you think that old lady can finish him off?

He's Quan Chi's plaything now.

But for real though, I don't think any of the dead zombie characters are going to be in MK10, I'm sure they will show up, but won't be playable.
I'm also sure they will be revived at some point, but not for a game or two. NRS like to mix things up every game, different characters, different mechanics, MK10 is going to be very interesting.

He's Quan Chi's plaything now.

But for real though, I don't think any of the dead zombie characters are going to be in MK10, I'm sure they will show up, but won't be playable.
I'm also sure they will be revived at some point, but not for a game or two. NRS like to mix things up every game, different characters, different mechanics, MK10 is going to be very interesting.
So far the only characters we can pretty much confirm are Johnny Cage, Raiden, Quan Chi, Sektor, Cyrax, Scorpion, and Shao Khans team aka Mileena, Baraka, Kano, and Sheeva. I'm sure some form of Sub Zero will be in the game too. Do we have any idea what happened to Noob Saibot? He could pretty easily return as well.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So far the only characters we can pretty much confirm are Johnny Cage, Raiden, Quan Chi, Sektor, Cyrax, Scorpion, and Shao Khans team aka Mileena, Baraka, Kano, and Sheeva. I'm sure some form of Sub Zero will be in the game too. Do we have any idea what happened to Noob Saibot? He could pretty easily return as well.

He got thrown into that soul tornado, fucking anything can happen after that.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
c'mon now imagine cage's character trait? instead of a freakin switch stance button (and make all moves hit the same regardless of stance). i actually like trait's and push block, everything else won't fit with Mk9 tbh.
Are you drunk? Leave that shit in injustice.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Pushblocking, use of diagonal buttons, and my "other": Hit Trades, please. I can't believe nobody's brought that up from what I can see.

I said clashes over breakers, but by that I primarily mean something far more limited than MK9's breakers. I wouldn't mind if they were the same form as clashes because it's still a way better alternative, but i'm sure there's a better way than either.

sgZick

Noob
Well, I like the character traits and am constantly thinking what the traits would be for the MK characters. NRS did a great job balancing characters around their traits and as a result the current injustice is a much more balanced game as the current MK9 (judging by comparing the structures of the Tier lists).

Besides that, I like the diagonal buttons, the meter burn and pushblock systems. Stage transition would be a fun addition too in the more grim MK universe. Just keep interactables and the round system far away from MK10.

Error

DF2+R2
Sonya and Ermac are still alive, well, I'm not sure about Sonya, but Ermac for sure.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
All I like is universal armor(unless they do it right and give everyone an armored enhanced special), *ACCURATE* in game frame data and no height specific nonsense changing it(hopefully they will be so kind to include cancel advantage on block and on hit), and the training room, that's it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
None!

I'd say:
-In game frame data
-add the option to use alternate controls, (although I prefer MK style)
-pushblock
-B3/F3 with armored versions
-Some hit-confirmable EX specials, others you have to commit to EX but armor/effect is instant
-Breakers are still 2 bars, but maybe add a per round limit, kind of like how the 3D MKs had.
-A better training mode
-Black Adam
ALSO NO

IceNine

Tired, But Strong

Better training mode and an option that totally doesn't affect you (the controls) are not positive things, how? I can totally get the rest, even if I'm in favour of pusblocking.

I have to ask, are you in favour of breakers in their current implementation? They're probably one of my least favourite aspects of MK9 (besides some unintended wankery within the engine).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Better training mode and an option that totally doesn't affect you (the controls) are not positive things, how? I can totally get the rest, even if I'm in favour of pusblocking.

I have to ask, are you in favour of breakers in their current implementation? They're probably one of my least favourite aspects of MK9 (besides some unintended wankery within the engine).
As i said in the post above, i ended up stroking all his suggestions, i didn't notices the training mode, the frame data i did but unintentionally stroked.

Aside from better training mode and in game frame data all others options from injustice won't fit in MK.

Pushblock is not better than breaker, MK is a game with rushdown feature, where ppl build meter with blockstrings, adding pushblock is contradicting the better meter building mechanic the game was designed for.

It wouldn't just give ppl free out of pressure, but very shorten ways to open ppl up, adding that to characters who build meter faster it would weight the match a lot to one single side, just like in injustice, power characters with armor, strong zoning and spacing control, sits over a interactable while zoning...

same principle here, strong meter building character with full bar of meter and life lead, turtles...

The breaker mechanic fits with the game better, because it adds the 3 bars of meter management skill, not pushing ppl away by the cost of half bar everytime a rushdown character should be rewarded to get in.