What's new

What mechanics/features would you like carried over from Injustice to MK10?

What mechanics/features from Injustice would you like to see in MK10?

• Total voters

AntMan

Banned
Assuming MK10 uses the same engine as MK9, and plays similarly, what additions would you like carried over from Injustice? Now, I know many people here , surprisingly, heavily dislike the game, but surely it has something you want carried over.

And FYI, I know EVERYONE wants Injustice's gdlk Practice mode options, so that's a given and I won't list it.

Me personally, I like character traits and pushblock the most. What I heavily dislike about Injustice to no end is that it counts diagonal buttons, making back forward moves that I could execute so well in MK9 a nightmare on the 360 pad. That needs to stay out imo...

Stage transitions are pretty cool. Interactables are fucking lame now. After you see them the first couple times its annoying. And yes they are avoidable, I'm not crying about them. I'm saying they are boring and bland.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Breakers to work more like Clashes, not the actual wager part, but in that you only get one, either any time, or after you lose your first bar.

Diagonal inputs, get rid of MK inputs for good.

Pushblock.

I wouldn't be opposed to stage transitions. They wouldn't actually be that useful in MK since there are no stage hazards, but they look cool, just give an option to turn them off for actual tournament play.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Transitions would be cool, but aren't necessary.

Practice mode options, online practice mode, push block, the way they meter burn works, and that's probably about it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Anything that helps with footsies should be kept; this incredibly high powered zoning is so boring to play and watch. There's no suspense whatsoever. Clashes over breakers are a given, but maybe even clashes are more than necessary.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Keep the training mode, ditch everything else.

/thread

This. And the badass signature to boot.

Let MK be MK. Between MKDA and MKD, the last one-two punch of Kombat after being put on a new pair of platforms and reviving/re-expanding the horizons (no, MKDC doesn't count, ever) there were next to no changes at all to the base functions of the game except for the combos going from more frame-sensitive in MKDA to pretty much dial a string in MKD, and both of them were amazing...IMO.

Fix the glitches and the issues. Keep the rest. Don't clone Injustice.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Pushblock. the meter burn cancels and universal launchers, and armor on those universal launchers.

Hitsparks are a great addition they put in this game but the ex moves are better.

Keep the training mode and old 3 bar system of MK and that's all.

Error

DF2+R2
I'd say:
-In game frame data
-add the option to use alternate controls, (although I prefer MK style)
-pushblock
-B3/F3 with armored versions
-Some hit-confirmable EX specials, others you have to commit to EX but armor/effect is instant
-Some sort of limit to breakers
-A better training mode

Edit:
-Negative Edge toggle
-D1/Being able to combo from grounded strings ie.(Cage f32)
Otherwise, I'd like MK10 to be as close as possible to MK9

-Black Adam

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
The improved training mode should definitely be in MK10. I also like the background destruction. Character traits might be interesting, but I don't know what button they'd use to implement it. Besides those, that's basically it.

I think a major thing NRS needs to work on in MK10 is making the game flashier & more fun to watch. In MK9, NRS did a great job with the background design, sound effects, & some of the character combos (characters like Kung Lao, Cyrax, Scorpion, Mileena, etc. have very cool looking combos). However, I think they should bring back the hype music from Deception. The MK9 music, while better than Injustice, is still lacking compared to older MK games. Also maybe make the attacks look more painful in general. Some of the attacks they did a good job with (i.e. Kitana's fans, Cage nutpunch, Sub Zero's grab, etc), but others not so much.

Also pushblock in MK9 is a terrible idea. It takes forever to get in on Freddy Krueger/Kenshi/Kabal, and when you do they pushblock? Hella stupid.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
I don't think pushblock would fit in MK. In MK9 you really have to deal with pressure and have good knowledge of pokes to get out. I'm a fan of certain characters who can't compete until they get up in your face (cage), these characters need to be rewarded when they do get in and pushblock will just make them terrible.
Without pushblock we get to see tyrant's jax do some crazy pressure strings all over again.

c'mon now imagine cage's character trait? instead of a freakin switch stance button (and make all moves hit the same regardless of stance). i actually like trait's and push block, everything else won't fit with Mk9 tbh.
Traits could work but I disagree with push block personally. If every character has armor then at least it's a guess to get a character off but imagine Cage working his way all the way in on Kabal just to get pushed away again. Traits could work again but I would personally rather stick with the four pokes version to allow for more traditional footsies in a sense. I'm not saying injustice doesn't have footsies btw but Batmans trait and others completely change how you can pressure a character and get in. Think of a character with Aquamans trait. You would have to combo him, he would use trait, then you have to mix him up and combo him again and if he has breaker you still don't get a combo and soon he has trait back again. It could work but it would be very difficult to balance In way where every characters trait is unique