What's new

What Are Your Biggest Weaknesses In MKX So Far?

Weakness you have encountered since release.

• Execution

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • The Neutral

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Getting in

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • FUHTZEES

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Specific-Matchups

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Punishing

Votes: 63 31.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • None, Because I'm already the best

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • I'm still trying to find a main dawg.

Votes: 38 18.8%

• Total voters

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
For me, its just the inputs.

Getting used to trying to be more specific with my directional buttons.

I'm using the XBOX One controller, btw.

Trying to play Shinnok. I've resorted to making Cassie my main with D'vora as my secondary. I refuse to give up on the dark one though. Bring on the buffs.

Mostly patience and punishing effectively. I most of the time fail at fully utilizing punish opportunities and being patient, thus I do dumb things in an attempt to get in.
On top of this, I've also noticed how fucking free I am once I'm knocked down. Wake-ups or just getting off the ground in general really gets to me. A lot of the time I'll go to do a wake-up just to have my character fucking lay there and get rekt.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Fundamentally, everything feels good. I'm nailing my punishes, my footsies are strong, my headgames are there, but my fucking muscle memory is still being developed. I drop too often, but it's just a matter of time... Getting used to the run...

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
They designed standing normals to not AA in MKX because they call hit against crouch blocking, but in exchange, jump attack have so much less active frames that they can have to be telegraphed, attacks that meant to hit in the top of the head will only hit there, if its meant to hit in the chest then this is the only place where the frames become active.

You can duck under attack that track the top of your head and whiff punish them before they recover as they touch the ground, they also have a bad auto-face system, some of them you can even walk forward to avoid.

I did a video about this, but no one seems to care, in the end, like in MK9 i might be the only one who again will take advantage of this, even more so in MKX because now you can even do this against jump kicks

I know about this, but its a bad system, esentially means that there's no reliable way to anti air and the opponent can bait anti air attempts WITH AN AIR NORMAL, which IMO, is stupid.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Trying to be constructive to the community instead of playing the game.
And execution. I'm bad at fighting games in general. *dogfaceicon*

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Punishing. I know what I should be doing, but i'm *constantly* missing my window, I guess that ties in with execution.
I have a good W/L, but I'm not winning in a convincing way, My wake-up game is *abominable*

Learning a new character from scratch has been tough on the old noodle.
Despite these issues, I wanna point out that I really like the game, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know about this, but its a bad system, esentially means that there's no reliable way to anti air and the opponent can bait anti air attempts WITH AN AIR NORMAL, which IMO, is stupid.
I agree, typically they're forcing us to learn other ways to counter jump attacks.

If you character don't have a stupid long reach normal, or a anti-air special move, you will have to rely on this.
In MK9 we could AA properly even if this kind of stuff was available, it just makes me think if in NRS they enjoy jumping a lot, ground game is so much beautiful, that i just don't understand how they made this to normals, they basically prioritized normals hitting mid, even uppercut doesn't whiff on crouch block, lol.

D

Deleted member 9158

I am still adjusting to the xb1 pad, it's stiff and I drop combos all the time and I neutral jump when I mean to jip still sometimes.

Then again I probably just suck:DOGE

KakashiKopyKat

HA! GOT EM
Ferra/torr gives me cancer. Also match making.
Uh man Ferra/Torr is so annoying. I feel your pain. For me its really punishing. I come from playing street fighter and moves that were unsafe looks unsafe. In this game im seeing its alot different. I learned the hard way when I played against a Lui Kang online. It's something I'll improve on though as time goes on

MashBot

You're over matched.
Teching Fucking throws!!! I see it coming!! But I can't I always press grab to tech. ie streetfighter style. If not that I'm holding block. I really wish they hotfix it to where you can counter an throw with the throw button.

But I guess it would count as an tech if I just started using 1+3

Playing online to try and unlock hotshot JC.

It's actually not that bad if you have patience and depends what room you're in. I have unlocked it twice, as my original save got wiped, which I had to start over from scratch with everything and just got it a 2nd time. Pick Scorpion Inferno or Sub Zero GM making sure to meet all, but near all the match requirements, that's how I did it, as a lot don't know how to defend:)

I agree, typically they're forcing us to learn other ways to counter jump attacks.

If you character don't have a stupid long reach normal, or a anti-air special move, you will have to rely on this.
In MK9 we could AA properly even if this kind of stuff was available, it just makes me think if in NRS they enjoy jumping a lot, ground game is so much beautiful, that i just don't understand how they made this to normals, they basically prioritized normals hitting mid, even uppercut doesn't whiff on crouch block, lol.

Uppercuts beat anything online, had one beat me out of armour..lol

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Execution becomes an issue for me in certain online matches.
And sometimes when I try to do too much (Or think about it) my mind just derps out and I screw up what I was planning to do, or just stand there like an idiot.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
When I'm knocked down I become free, I just can't get it into my head that I have no invincibility on wake up anymore (Scorp).

I'm also disappointed that no1 else appeals to me thus far.