What's new

What Are Your Biggest Weaknesses In MKX So Far?

Weakness you have encountered since release.

• Execution

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • The Neutral

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Getting in

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • FUHTZEES

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Specific-Matchups

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Punishing

Votes: 63 31.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • None, Because I'm already the best

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • I'm still trying to find a main dawg.

Votes: 38 18.8%

• Total voters

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Same here... I should maybe find another main. I don't have the skills to execute better combos out of Cassie.
I've got very simple 34-39% meterless Cassie combos.

The issue is that I'm autopiloting and not really learning anything because a knockdown into run up df1 or f3 isn't going to work on people who block correctly, know to punish backflip on block, and know how to wake up with armored specials. I was formally introduced to Lao's ex Spin for the first time yesterday and said HOLY SHIT!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I played it too much on release now I need a break from the game so I don't feel burned out. Because I'm taking a break everyone else is still getting better whilst I'm left behind :'(

My ability to lose to first to ten. going to sleep. Waking up and being like "I bet if id of done X that set wouldve been different". Do infinitely better in the rematch if not win it.

But in tournament Theres no "Sleep on it Bracket" so imma 0-2

Audit

Falls down too much
I stay up too late playing, and I start losing more and more matches.
Ohh I so do this. The only time I really get to play is after I should be in bed. If I wasn't tired while playing I would have a much better record.

Also, I'm not dialing in on better combo enders to keep pressure, and just plain don't recognize enough of the low/overhead strings.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Characters, got whopped by a scrubby Cassie since I didn't know what her mix ups were. I really don't want to bother learning a lame character like Cassie just to know what her mix ups are.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Making Reads....

i'm just not very good at this and not sure how to get better, more often then not, i make guesses on what a character is most likely to do rather than what the player has been doing or tends to do.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Footsies, execution, and punish are my biggest issues aside from the obvious.. Which would be match up knowledge. I don't know wtf to do from jump distance at the moment.
I have the most trouble with casuals however. Sounds crazy, but hear me out.

-down 2 is fucking 14% GOD DAMN 14 fucking percent!

-pokes. Poke poke poke poke uppercut poke poke uppercut.

-Xrays are tough to deal with. A lot of these players dont have any concept of meter management, so they dont even notice when its full. I'll be trying to bait out xray and just when I decide they won't use it, they are like "oh shit, I've got an xray" so while im pressuring they are jamming the fuck out of their buttons.

-Casuals have absolutely ZERO respect for anything you do.. Because they dont know or care what you character is capable of.. With this lag all they need is d2 and xray xray xray!!!!!

-In summary, casuals are just so random. They could give two fucks if something is safe or not and can get away with a lot during a laggy set.

All of this crying, and yet I still dont lose to this type of player often.. Doesn't mean some of the matches aren't close as hell though. I get salty as my friends. Could you tell??

Last edited:
My ability to lose to first to ten. going to sleep. Waking up and being like "I bet if id of done X that set wouldve been different". Do infinitely better in the rematch if not win it.

But in tournament Theres no "Sleep on it Bracket" so imma 0-2
My biggest weakness when we play is reacting slowly to Quan Chi's overhead sword into trance and dropping combos I practiced for 2 and a half hours.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Yeah I did, I still get these problems though. It's mostly due to being conditioned to down back to block in every other fighter, but in this game they want you to hold directly down. Not that that would help with sliding from down to back and doing a b+2, still would give me skull on Quan.
I get it. Its hard, and there's a couple of other things to consider like whether you use the joystick or the d-pad and respectively what kind of controller you use but there are some very good videos on youtube that illustrate how to develop good techniques as well as some nifty shortcuts to aid in both combo and run execution. Needless to say with enough practice your execution will become very reliable regardless of your circumstance (besides lag) but that coupled with some of the good videos out there should be more than enough to propel your skill level in this game.

Matix218

Get over here!
Not having the game yet because I don't have a next gen console and I'm still waiting for my pre ordered ps3 copy...

I seem to take ages to adapt - pretty much my issue in MK9 and Injustice as well.

The widespread 50/50's in this game make adapting even harder for me too. I played an Erron Blacm earlier who I took about 4 matches to adapt to his f13 overhead-low 50/50 combo starter... only for him to switch to Cassie and her low-overhead 50/50 starter (the inverse.. so my brain was fucked)... eventually breaking even in win/loss with me.

Practice will take time I guess though..