What's new

What Are Your Biggest Weaknesses In MKX So Far?

Weakness you have encountered since release.

• Execution

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • The Neutral

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Getting in

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • FUHTZEES

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Specific-Matchups

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Punishing

Votes: 63 31.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Other (specify in comments)

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • None, Because I'm already the best

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • I'm still trying to find a main dawg.

Votes: 38 18.8%

• Total voters

Justice

Noob
Aside from pretty much everything, I haven't developed a meter use strategy for Sonya yet. I keep sitting on it and waiting for either x-ray or breaker....

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I'm still winning with unsafe gimmicks, but my execution got better. The run cancels are coming more naturally, but sometimes I still get the occasional D1 instead of B1. Luckily D1 Nut Punch links most of the time :p

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
My execution. I'm so sad. Everyday I am in the lab. Regressing like a 2nd year quarterback out of the draft. Or the inputs. Nah I think its my execution. I don't know MKX just feels too static to ridged to me. My inputs are either too fast or slow and my execution just seems to suffer.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Punishing.

I swear it seems like I'm missing these way more often than I should. Like some special moves I'll block, then nothing I do seems to connect to punish it, not even an uppercut. Meanwhile I get block punished and lose poke wars forever. Drives me crazy, haha. Just gotta keep learning I guess.

my weakness is to anti air properly. specially this guy here (apart from all the other shit he has lol) his jip1 is near to impossible to aa -_______-

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
My biggest problems would be the following:

Execution: For the life of me I can not get ex moves 90% of the time within combos, but I can do them literally over and over by themselves. Not sure what I'm fucking up there, didn't have problems with this in MK9 or Injustice.

Punishing: Whenever I freeze someone mid air... I don't know the punishes and so I get pitiful damage. Also punishing shit in general, I resort to throws a lot.

And lastly, getting fucked up by random shit like D2s all day. lmao

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i vote for "other"
i hate 2D fighting games with weak anti airs. in mkx they can run and jump into you all day. i dont understand why some d2 have so much startup. aa jabs seems not to work?
i would say aa was better in mk9 :/
They designed standing normals to not AA in MKX because they call hit against crouch blocking, but in exchange, jump attack have so much less active frames that they can have to be telegraphed, attacks that meant to hit in the top of the head will only hit there, if its meant to hit in the chest then this is the only place where the frames become active.

You can duck under attack that track the top of your head and whiff punish them before they recover as they touch the ground, they also have a bad auto-face system, some of them you can even walk forward to avoid.

I did a video about this, but no one seems to care, in the end, like in MK9 i might be the only one who again will take advantage of this, even more so in MKX because now you can even do this against jump kicks

My execution and punishing issues usually occur online, which sadly, could use tremendous improvement. I now play strictly monitor to help compensate for the poor online.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
My execution. I'm so sad. Everyday I am in the lab. Regressing like a 2nd year quarterback out of the draft. Or the inputs. Nah I think its my execution. I don't know MKX just feels too static to ridged to me. My inputs are either too fast or slow and my execution just seems to suffer.
Be careful not to critique yourself too harshly, especially if you're referring to online gameplay. If you're hitting combos in the lab but not online then its probably not your fault. You may also want to check your settings to see if release check is off. If you still finding trouble landing combos in local play or just in general you simply need to familiarize yourself with the timing/hitboxes. Some combos only work if you delay or are dependent on where your opponent is in relation to your character's hitbox