What's new

Were taunts ever confirmed?

Komatose

The Prettiest
I saw a few people throwing the "Taunt" word around and was wondering, were taunts ever confirmed for this game? I know I saw one video where Cyborg had turned to the camera or player, lifted his hand up and fired off a shot whilst saying, "Booya!". It looked very much like a taunt. I think taunts would not only add hype to this game, but I love insulting people whilst I play especially if they are a whiny scrub. Can anyone out there (On TYM) answer this question? Thanks.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't think that's true, because I've watched a lot of Cyborg gameplay from people with early copies and i've only seen it as a round win animation.

Yeah, I wish this game had cancelable taunts like streetfighter, or taunts that do things like in Tekken.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't think that's true, because I've watched a lot of Cyborg gameplay from people with early copies and i've only seen it as a round win animation.

Yeah, I wish this game had cancelable taunts like streetfighter, or taunts that do things like in Tekken.
I want the taunts in Deadly Alliance where you get buffed n shit

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think the "round win" taunts are good enough. Free taunts that don't provoke attacks.
The whole point of taunts is to provoke attacks.

They're taunts not compliments, you use them because you want the opponent to get mad or upset so they cant concentrate, or if they're cancelable taunts you use them to bait attacks.

Or they give you some kind of bonus, but those aren't as much taunts as they are special moves with animations.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
harley can lay on the ground and shake her legs, thats the one that ive seen yesterday on stream.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I love how Deathstroke is just everything about Stryker x10.

I just wish he had the baton sweep but with his sword.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
In MK9, if I was ever fighting some douche who was just backing away from my Raiden, all I ever had to do was hit downdowndowndowndown and he would rush in for me like he just caught the rabies or something. As if he was going to teach me some kind of lesson.

And I'm not screwing around here, this worked every time I needed somebody to fuck themselves up for me.

If the Injustice online metagame doesn't play out in the same way, I will be disappoint.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
The best taunt is Deathstroke spamming guns that you can't block.

Gets everyone pissed. :cool:
I'm unclear on this, is it just that you can't block them, or can you not duck under them either?

The latter would seem unreasonable as shit to me, but you can't tell with this game.