What's new

VSM KT Smith's Living Injustice Tier Chart

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There is a difference between being not completely accurate and pulling a bunch of random figures out of your head. Tier lists change but not dramatically all over the place (barring patches), and even where in-accurate are still within reason.

There is also a big difference in volume of info. The amount of information currently available is basically non-existent for any practical purpose.
Incorrect again. Noob Saibot and Cyber Sub-Zero were considered top tier(even good lol) in MK's earlier days. It's all about current knowledge that makes a tier list.

regulas

Your Emporer
Incorrect again. Noob Saibot and Cyber Sub-Zero were considered top tier in MK's earlier days. It's all about current knowledge that makes a tier list.

They were considered top tier because of lists like these that place things based on no data. A basic analysis and comparison of what they can do shows that this was inaccurate to consider them as such from the get-go, but people jumped the gun because Noob has the kind of easy cheese, and Cyber is very easy to pick up on a basic level.

Also Patches have affected them directly

Also saying the word incorrect doesn't make something incorrect (unless maybe you're a Truespeaker).

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
This list is going to change fast, even like a week ago people were like OMG (insert character here)IS SO OP, now anyone competent I play online already has a good portion of those cheesy week 1 strategies figured out and can beat them.

Error Macro

It April yet?
I find it interesting that some ppl are saying Raven is top while others want her moved down. Can't wait to see what some of her matchups against the rushdown characters end up being like.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
batman is overrated, he is top but not guaranteed top 5 like everyone says so. he may have the best pressure/tools to start pressure in the game but this game has a lot of 50/50's and continuous pressure doesnt seem as cheap when somebody can just hit you with a low or overhead which a lot of them are safe.
50/50s in this game aren't continuous pressure options on block, however. They're safe, but your offense ends when they are blocked. Not to mention Batman played very well steamrolls a huge portion of the cast that can't keep up with him. He also has access to gadget interactables.

He's overrated when you don't play a Batman that's exploiting everything about him.
Honestly, I could care less where Batman ends up on the tier list. 1, 3, 5, 8...doesn't matter because with the tools he has he will always be viable and a HUGE threat in the right hands.

Honestly, I could care less where Batman ends up on the tier list. 1, 3, 5, 8...doesn't matter because with the tools he has he will always be viable and a HUGE threat in the right hands.
Yeah I agree, but right now a lot of people say he could be nr1, but he has holes in his offence so people are not hopeless against batman. he is actually very similar to kung lao in this aspect. Kung lao can get in your face whenever he wants and has the fastest normal to start offense but because it doesnt hit mid the opponent will have good options to counter his offense. batman has a string that hit high within the string and a string which you can armor out like raidens a lot of characters have better range on their normals too, there are ways around the bat orbs like push block or some specific traits or moves counter it very well like aquamans trait.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah I agree, but right now a lot of people say he could be nr1, but he has holes in his offence so people are not hopeless against batman. he is actually very similar to kung lao in this aspect. Kung lao can get in your face whenever he wants and has the fastest normal to start offense but because it doesnt hit mid the opponent will have good options to counter his offense. batman has a string that hit high within the string and a string which you can armor out like raidens a lot of characters have better range on their normals too, there are ways around the bat orbs like push block or some specific traits or moves counter it very well like aquamans trait.
Aquaman's trait definitely makes it difficult for Batman (along with a majority of the cast luls). I like to cancel into ex batarang a ton against him to get more block pressure or go into a mix-up.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
lol. a batman must of just completely destroyed you dude. lol did you play me online? :p . batman is really good, really well rounded but i dont think i will ever see him as the best in the game. he isn't cheap enough to be the best
Take away Cyborgs infinite, and Batman is probably the best. His trait alone makes him rediculous, you could give him shitty normals and he'd still be pretty sick. Look at Sinestro when he gets his trait on screen, he goes from being unsafe to Johnny Cage.

50/50s in this game aren't continuous pressure options on block, however. They're safe, but your offense ends when they are blocked. Not to mention Batman played very well steamrolls a huge portion of the cast that can't keep up with him. He also has access to gadget interactables.

He's overrated when you don't play a Batman that's exploiting everything about him.
WW has continuous 5050s

Who even plays WW to be able to place her that high on the list? Thought there were only like 2 of us.

That being said I can see her Shield stance being the next Doomsday style of offense in this game. It looks stupid, the frame data on it is stupid, and it works.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Come on man, "The Top 5 Project". I was the only person who put him in top 5. You later changed yours to include him.

You need two completely different timings to catch b12 and b13? lmao GG Joker
Hmm or u could use same timing to dash out and full combo punish w 40%

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Take away Cyborgs infinite, and Batman is probably the best. His trait alone makes him rediculous, you could give him shitty normals and he'd still be pretty sick. Look at Sinestro when he gets his trait on screen, he goes from being unsafe to Johnny Cage.

WW has continuous 5050s

Who even plays WW to be able to place her that high on the list? Thought there were only like 2 of us.

That being said I can see her Shield stance being the next Doomsday style of offense in this game. It looks stupid, the frame data on it is stupid, and it works.
youre forgeting nivek

regulas

Your Emporer
Haha, tell that to Iceman and Nightwolf.
As I mentioned in a later post, that kind of effect is thanks to early tier lists like this one that don't use enough data and jump the gun on characters, there is maybe a half-dozen MK9 characters that were commonly listed as being "strong" until actual gameplay proved them otherwise.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
If you all want to ride Joker for a while I can't stop you, I've said my piece.
Lol. Who are you again? Do you attend tournaments? Do you want us to cry for joker buffs etc and make threads about it to nrs to buff him? (Which I did and got closed).

Ppl bitch if someone downplays a chat
Ppl bitch if we cry for buffs.
Now ppl being negative cus I'm confident in my char.

Lol tym I swear

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Come on man, "The Top 5 Project". I was the only person who put him in top 5. You later changed yours to include him.

You need two completely different timings to catch b12 and b13? lmao GG Joker
Ppl also use to say timing for smoke reset was not consistent and wouldn't be too viable in tournament.

They also said kabal combos with Ndc in between we're not tournament viable.

What's up with ppl wanting easy punishes and ways to get out of things? This is supposed to be a competitive game with challenges in matches.