What's new

VSM KT Smith's Living Injustice Tier Chart

Neariak

LF New Main PST
It's so much worse than that. b1 3 blows up all of the Joker normals and meterless leads to over 30%. the Joker has no response for mb Gatling Gun(at any point they can activate mb and push you back real far so you have to try to get in again) and air fire ball. Every time you get caught you will be badly damaged and put into a real 50/50 (you know one that can't be avoided and does serious damage). On top of that the only moves that out-range green lanterns normals are punishable by big damage into said real 50/50, this includes sweep ( you will be lifted every time if they know what they're doing). There is much more, but this is enough to prove my point.
Thank you so much Dangerous Dave showing me the error of my ways and making me repent my love from Joker and become part of the Green Lantern Corps, as I shall always follow the rules of the corps!

Never again shall I touch the horror known as Joker, forever shall his name be stricken down in angst and disgust as one of the worst characters of Injustice.

Nay I say that is not even enough, I say that if a person shall pick Joker at a tournament he shall be automatically put in the losers bracket according to the gospel of the one true prophet known as Dangerous Dave !

Repent now my brothers and bathe in Green Lantern's wonderful Joker beating light !

regulas

Your Emporer
Not a funny joke. :(

? The char is not always in-accurate, but in general what most (but not all) of the top "tier" characters have in common is that they are relatively effective even when someone doesn't really understand the character well (i.e. Green Lantern Grab), whereas bottom tier characters mostly take a fair bit of practise to do do anything with (largely due to no zoning or slow speeds).

Fear_Me

Noob
The Joker has to be way higher he's solid.
Harley and Flash also higher. I play all three of them and they feel like Top 10 potential in the long run.

Plus Deathstroke is right where he belongs. Most people who cry about him are not used to playing against characters with projectile mixups yet.
Coming from the game where it goes TIGER TIGER TIGER definitely helps against him.

Neariak

LF New Main PST
The Joker has to be way higher he's solid.
Harley and Flash also higher. I play all three of them and they feel like Top 10 potential in the long run.

Plus Deathstroke is right where he belongs. Most people who cry about him are not used to playing against characters with projectile mixups yet.
Coming from the game where it goes TIGER TIGER TIGER definitely helps against him.
<3

RYX

BIG PUSHER
? The char is not always in-accurate, but in general what most (but not all) of the top "tier" characters have in common is that they are relatively effective even when someone doesn't really understand the character well (i.e. Green Lantern Grab), whereas bottom tier characters mostly take a fair bit of practise to do do anything with (largely due to no zoning or slow speeds).
Yeah, if you're getting hit by it sure.

Doomsday should be higher by your logic but do please show me where he is, not with the other tops that's for sure. ;)

regulas

Your Emporer
Yeah, if you're getting hit by it sure.

Doomsday should be higher by your logic but do please show me where he is, not with the other tops that's for sure. ;)

? But Doomsday is very high on that chart ? There are only 5 chars higher then him, and that is counting GL and KF. The left to right is about how well rounded the char is rather then power (i.e. Cyborg is good at all ranges, whereas Doomsday needs to get in close).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
? But Doomsday is very high on that chart ? There are only 5 chars higher then him, and that is counting GL and KF. The left to right is about how well rounded the char is rather then power (i.e. Cyborg is good at all ranges, whereas Doomsday needs to get in close).
Then it's not a difficulty chart if Cyborg is at the top, he is most certainly not easy.

Characters like Ares would be below Joker(who is not the hardest to use), probably Bane and maybe the Flash too.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
It's so much worse than that. b1 3 blows up all of the Joker normals and meterless leads to over 30%. the Joker has no response for mb Gatling Gun(at any point they can activate mb and push you back real far so you have to try to get in again) and air fire ball. Every time you get caught you will be badly damaged and put into a real 50/50 (you know one that can't be avoided and does serious damage). On top of that the only moves that out-range green lanterns normals are punishable by big damage into said real 50/50, this includes sweep ( you will be lifted every time if they know what they're doing). There is much more, but this is enough to prove my point.
At far screen, Joker can just gunshot, since it's start up is considerably faster than any of GL projectiles, even when MB. Or could dash forward if GL ends up ducking it. And his b1,3 isn't that good, since at max range on block it lives him at grab range, his b1, 2 leaves him at sweep range and b1 by itself is negative on block, and has the same startup as Jokers b1 also. So there's all that stuff, and then there's also the fact I never said it was an easy MU for Joker, my point of this is to just say that Joker does have some option against GL, and that he's not as helpless/useless as you might think.

regulas

Your Emporer
Then it's not a difficulty chart if Cyborg is at the top, he is most certainly not easy.

Characters like Ares would be below Joker(who is not the hardest to use), probably Bane and maybe the Flash too.
I said use effectively, not properly. Cyborg may be difficult to master, but it doesn't take much skill to spam shots from afar and spam punches up close, at which point you will still do ok overall unless your opponent knows the match-up really well.

Green Lantern is a similar thing, doesn't take a lot of skill to learn to punish with grab because it's no-aiming and low frame. A noob won't be pulling any fancy combo's or coming close to bringing out GL's potential, but he can still crush other players by just using a few basic tactics repetitively unless, again, they really know the match-up well.

Also I never said it was a perfect list, but it would be more accurate then calling this a tier list which is almost entirely in-correct.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I said use effectively, not properly. Cyborg may be difficult to master, but it doesn't take much skill to spam shots from afar and spam punches up close, at which point you will still do ok overall unless your opponent knows the match-up really well.

Green Lantern is a similar thing, doesn't take a lot of skill to learn to punish with grab because it's no-aiming and low frame. A noob won't be pulling any fancy combo's or coming close to bringing out GL's potential, but he can still crush other players by just using a few basic tactics repetitively unless, again, they really know the match-up well.

Also I never said it was a perfect list, but it would be more accurate then calling this a tier list which is almost entirely in-correct.
Spam punches lol

Then everyone can be used effectively. If we're talking about shitty players(probably online) then yeah sure. That has 0 bearing on tier discussion.

It doesn't take a lot of skill to punish with anything fast then. It doesn't take much to skill to block and blow up these "basic tactics" either.

How is a personal tier list incorrect? He's even stated it's subject to change and open to discussion but most of what I see is incessant whining about how it's wrong with little to no other reason why.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson

Results >

Let's wait on this and let tournaments show where characters end up. Week 2 bickering isn't going to help this game.

Also, the X-Axis for the tier list is flawed. "Has Faults" vs. "Well-Rounded"? You can be well-rounded and still have faults. Technically every character should go on the left because they all have faults (despite thinking to the contrary).

Just use the simple version of the list that looks like this.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think people are missing the point in that this chart is based on tools the characters have, and the effectiveness of their tools. Granted, you don't know everything a character has to offer this early, and not every trick is known, but you have some general idea. And that's what the chart is based on, early impressions from ONE person. This is KT Smith's personal opinion based on his experience and knowledge, why would anyone get the slightest upset about this? Healthy discussion and making cases for characters is fine and completely different from calling him an idiot because a character you use is ranked too low/high.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Funny u didn't mention joker can parry lantern b13 and b12 in between each hit

regulas

Your Emporer
Spam punches lol

Then everyone can be used effectively. If we're talking about shitty players(probably online) then yeah sure. That has 0 bearing on tier discussion.
You are aware that characters have different stats on different moves, so if you do the same thing with two characters different reuslts occur?

It doesn't take a lot of skill to punish with anything fast then. It doesn't take much to skill to block and blow up these "basic tactics" either.
Exactly my point, hence why many of the higher characters shouldn't be high, because these easy to beat tactics are the primary reason they are considered high tier.

How is a personal tier list incorrect? He's even stated it's subject to change and open to discussion but most of what I see is incessant whining about how it's wrong with little to no other reason why.
How is it right? There is no evidence for most of the list, worse as far as I can tell (accept for a few) the list is primarily based on popular whining rather then any evidence of character power.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You are aware that characters have different stats on different moves, so if you do the same thing with two characters different reuslts occur?

Exactly my point, hence why many of the higher characters shouldn't be high, because these easy to beat tactics are the primary reason they are considered high tier.

How is it right? There is no evidence for most of the list, worse as far as I can tell (accept for a few) the list is primarily based on popular whining rather then any evidence of character power.
So? Doesn't make a character more effective than another at the most basic level of play.

It applies to more than the 'high tiers'

Nobody said he was right. I said it was an opinion, one subject to change.

regulas

Your Emporer
So? Doesn't make a character more effective than another at the most basic level of play.

It applies to more than the 'high tiers'

Nobody said he was right. I said it was an opinion, one subject to change.

The main reason that people are bothered by this kind of list is because, personal or not, it engenders bias towards characters. People will see it as confirmation of there thoughts regardless of it's reliability. \

Also since making an accurate list is as of yet physically impossible, any effort to do so is intrinsically arrogant unless handled very carefully (which this wasn't).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The main reason that people are bothered by this kind of list is because, personal or not, it engenders bias towards characters. People will see it as confirmation of there thoughts regardless of it's reliability. \

Also since making an accurate list is as of yet physically impossible, any effort to do so is intrinsically arrogant unless handled very carefully (which this wasn't).
Incorrect. Tier lists are always based on the information currently available. You could have made one a year from now but the year after that you could be shaking your head at how dumb that was before.

Tier lists are biased. Everything based on opinion is.

regulas

Your Emporer
Incorrect. Tier lists are always based on the information currently available. You could have made one a year from now but the year after that you could be shaking your head at how dumb that was before.

Tier lists are biased. Everything based on opinion is.

There is a difference between being not completely accurate and pulling a bunch of random figures out of your head. Tier lists change but not dramatically all over the place (barring patches), and even where in-accurate are still within reason.

There is also a big difference in volume of info. The amount of information currently available is basically non-existent for any practical purpose.