What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

For anyone one who is arguing @Pig Of The Hut you are completely invalid.

The high tier is clearly too high compared to the rest of the cast. Some are just completely absolutely out matched by other characters weapons. You might have. Slow but his character has an overhead and a low.

And for those who argue someone like Milky made top 8 with reptile that comes from a lack of knowledge match up. He's a great player but if you don't know what to expect how can you block it
Thats an unfair thing to say (referring to the comment about milkys top 8 at EVO). How do you KNOW that the people he played to get top 8 just didn't get out played??? One of the matches i saw were against slayer who happens to play MIT consistently who also knows how to use reptile.

Milky earned his top 8 and the people who lost to him just got out played.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm sorry man I think I misworded what I meant pretty strongly.

To keep it simple, yes I understand that in the right hands any player can make a low tier character compete. But wha I am trying to say is that certain characters options clearly just shit on others.

REO can take and do wonderful with relentless Jason, who excels in pressure, but when he meets a f0xy or DJT Lao who also excel in pressure BUT have an overhead, 36% meterless, anda get out of jail free card in EX Spin REO atleast in my eyes plain and simple isn't going to beat them due to the clear options that Lao have over jason. REO and f0xy and DJT are all outstanding players, jus as you are with Kenshi but when you meet MIT Tanya, you meet a Fox EB, your options are simply outmatched.

You were saying you can do great and sneak into top 8 but when you get there you're bodied.

People were claiming that's not true, but when you get to people who know your match up and have more options mostly you're fucked. Does this clear what I mean?

Sorry in the first post I didn't use character examples as I should have.
Yea IMO you're perfectly correct

Thanks

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thats an unfair thing to say (referring to the comment about milkys top 8 at EVO). How do you KNOW that the people he played to get top 8 just didn't get out played??? One of the matches i saw were against slayer who happens to play MIT consistently who also knows how to use reptile.

Milky earned his top 8 and the people who lost to him just got out played.
I don't think he's saying milky didn't, no one ever should take anything away from him.

That was an outstanding well earned medal

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Ok... my turn. I know some random nobody's opinion is what you have been waiting for!

1) Sonic
2) Foxy
3) DJT
4) Honeybee
5) REO

5 is like impossible. MIT, Dizzy, Nevik, Madzin, Ketchup, DRgross, DAB, Slayer, Michelangelo, Alucard, Tyrant. Pig, Zyphox, Saltface, Milky.... I dunno I could go on.

I chose REO as a fan of the game, and someone that would get double flawless done on me by 70% of this site, I just respect him. Remember when ESL finals and they were doing those WWE style "smack talk" videos. Everyone is talking shit and REO is respectful and a man about it all. Saying things like "Your a great player and I'm really excited to play you" vs people saying things like "I'm a god of x character and will destroy you as you suck compared to me". REO out of the entire FGC, as I see it solely though TYM and streams is the coolest of the entire lot. As far as I am concerned he is the face the the FGC. Extremely talented, plays most of the roster so really fun to watch, respectful and can back it up by being actually fuckign good at it. I would love to put him higher, but his record is just not there imo. I think he plays a little to much for fun and probably should focus on less toons!.

Sonic and DJT need no explanation. Sonic has proven himself over so many games, as well as events, I can not even understand how people argue against it. Also, he just looks like he is having so much fun. Great personality for the scene. DJT of course... I mean.. what can you say that hasn't been said.

Foxy is like Sonic. Anyone that doesn't give him his due is at worst a lying pice of shit and at best delusional. There is no doubt, there is NO argument against this guy. Also, while I love the REO style respect, I think that the FGC needs people like Foxy and ForeverKing that speak their mind and are not afrid to step in some shit now and then. Both those guys look very sportsman like on the stage, but both say some crazy instigating crap on the forums and interviews and a bit of drama is good for us all. Remember, as the scene grows, this is more and more an "entertainment". Pig understand this as well.

Honeybee is another guy that I find hard to see how people can deny. I kinda hate him as my wife is always talking about how hansom he and DJT are. Still regardless of my jealousy Honeybee is one of the most exciting players to watch as, and again I am not a pro player.. this is just how it seams.. but Honeybee seams so reactive. Some of his conversions BLOW MY MIND. When ever HoneyBee is on the stage you are guaranteed a exciting match. Added to that the fact that he basically wins almost everything is just a bonus and why he is in the list and one of my favs Saltface is not. All you have to do is look at his record and how it beats almost everyone, well, maybe not Sonic, but most people. Consistency MORE than most of Yomi despite what ForeverKing has been saying. The only thing holding back his record is not attending.

I'd like to shout out to Madzin (especially his Blood God), DR Gross, Milky, Alucard, Saltface, DAB, Michelangelo and PIG as stand out players that are members of a different list.. the guys I like to watch. Wish you guys the best in the future and hope you gain more wins, but even if you don't your the champs in my eyes!

Fuck it, while I am here.. Shout out to UltraDavid, Aries, Mustard and Ketchup the fantastic 4 of casting!

I don't enjoy video games anymore, I enjoy very few at my age but in fact in past 7 years I've bought 5 games

1. Mk9
2. MKX
3. Inj
4. Gow trilogy
5. Inquisition
Technicality : ps4 came w that one cool game w the little girl who died/zombies (last of us)

I really like competition and fighting games and have lucked out finding character kenshi and ZOD. Somewhere between mk3 and today I became a character loyalist. I have no idea why but I did and can't break away from it
pls don't stop playing pig :(

Ok... my turn. I know some random nobody's opinion is what you have been waiting for!

1) Sonic
2) Foxy
3) DJT
4) Honeybee
5) REO

5 is like impossible. MIT, Dizzy, Nevik, Madzin, Ketchup, DRgross, DAB, Slayer, Michelangelo, Alucard, Tyrant. Pig, Zyphox, Saltface, Milky.... I dunno I could go on.

I chose REO as a fan of the game, and someone that would get double flawless done on me by 70% of this site, I just respect him. Remember when ESL finals and they were doing those WWE style "smack talk" videos. Everyone is talking shit and REO is respectful and a man about it all. Saying things like "Your a great player and I'm really excited to play you" vs people saying things like "I'm a god of x character and will destroy you as you suck compared to me". REO out of the entire FGC, as I see it solely though TYM and streams is the coolest of the entire lot. As far as I am concerned he is the face the the FGC. Extremely talented, plays most of the roster so really fun to watch, respectful and can back it up by being actually fuckign good at it. I would love to put him higher, but his record is just not there imo. I think he plays a little to much for fun and probably should focus on less toons!.

Sonic and DJT need no explanation. Sonic has proven himself over so many games, as well as events, I can not even understand how people argue against it. Also, he just looks like he is having so much fun. Great personality for the scene. DJT of course... I mean.. what can you say that hasn't been said.

Foxy is like Sonic. Anyone that doesn't give him his due is at worst a lying pice of shit and at best delusional. There is no doubt, there is NO argument against this guy. Also, while I love the REO style respect, I think that the FGC needs people like Foxy and ForeverKing that speak their mind and are not afrid to step in some shit now and then. Both those guys look very sportsman like on the stage, but both say some crazy instigating crap on the forums and interviews and a bit of drama is good for us all. Remember, as the scene grows, this is more and more an "entertainment". Pig understand this as well.

Honeybee is another guy that I find hard to see how people can deny. I kinda hate him as my wife is always talking about how hansom he and DJT are. Still regardless of my jealousy Honeybee is one of the most exciting players to watch as, and again I am not a pro player.. this is just how it seams.. but Honeybee seams so reactive. Some of his conversions BLOW MY MIND. When ever HoneyBee is on the stage you are guaranteed a exciting match. Added to that the fact that he basically wins almost everything is just a bonus and why he is in the list and one of my favs Saltface is not. All you have to do is look at his record and how it beats almost everyone, well, maybe not Sonic, but most people. Consistency MORE than most of Yomi despite what ForeverKing has been saying. The only thing holding back his record is not attending.

I'd like to shout out to Madzin (especially his Blood God), DR Gross, Milky, Alucard, Saltface, DAB, Michelangelo and PIG as stand out players that are members of a different list.. the guys I like to watch. Wish you guys the best in the future and hope you gain more wins, but even if you don't your the champs in my eyes!

Fuck it, while I am here.. Shout out to UltraDavid, Aries, Mustard and Ketchup the fantastic 4 of casting!
lol hand licking reo ?

Dean

On The Grind
Sonic Fox
DJT
HoneyBee
AFoxyGrandpa
MIT
REO
Pig
Ketchup
Madzin
ZYPHOX

Thats my top ten.

I have nothing against Cowboy and I hate to be that guy but I don't find anything impressive about winning tournament using a broken character/variation like BS Shinnok.

Again, nothing against Cowboy. It's the same deal with Pred in his current state, I would have no respect for anyone who won a tournament with Pred. It's cheap, how can you feel good about it?

I wouldn't.

That goes for SF as well, even though we all know how good the kid is, of the used pred or BS Shinnok In their current state, I would deduct mad respect points.

..but, SF can win without the cheese, so I'm sure that wont be a thing.

NurzBenny

Old Member
"I don't like money matches, first to 10's are boring" is wild vagina after all the shit that's been talked in this thread.
That said, this has been glorious. Delightful read. If this rubs some people the wrong way, go to a combo vid thread and look up notations or something. FOH

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
This entire thread was the greatest read in all of video game existence.

@FOREVER KING Dude, My already high opinion of you has only grown due to reading this thread. Win or lose, you will always have my respect if this MM goes down.

Anyways, my list

1. SonicFox
2. DJT
3. Foxy
4. HoneyBee
5. MIT

Honorable Mentions: Slayer, Michaelangelo, REO
Most Hype to watch personally: SonicFox, Forever King, Perfect Legend (I still like him), KH Royale, Coach Steve

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I don't enjoy video games anymore, I enjoy very few at my age but in fact in past 7 years I've bought 5 games

1. Mk9
2. MKX
3. Inj
4. Gow trilogy
5. Inquisition
Technicality : ps4 came w that one cool game w the little girl who died/zombies (last of us)

I really like competition and fighting games and have lucked out finding character kenshi and ZOD. Somewhere between mk3 and today I became a character loyalist. I have no idea why but I did and can't break away from it
yaaaaaaaaas a bioware game made it into pig's top 5.
(ive been a bioware fanboy since baldur's gate, don't mind me)

Sonic Fox
DJT
HoneyBee
AFoxyGrandpa
MIT
REO
Pig
Ketchup
Madzin
ZYPHOX

Thats my top ten.

I have nothing against Cowboy and I hate to be that guy but I don't find anything impressive about winning tournament using a broken character/variation like BS Shinnok.

Again, nothing against Cowboy. It's the same deal with Pred in his current state, I would have no respect for anyone who won a tournament with Pred. It's cheap, how can you feel good about it?

I wouldn't.

That goes for SF as well, even though we all know how good the kid is, of the used pred or BS Shinnok In their current state, I would deduct mad respect points.

..but, SF can win without the cheese, so I'm sure that wont be a thing.
Daaaaaaaammmmnnnn

@cR WoundCowboy begs to differ dude.

I do like seeing him play though.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Daaaaaaaammmmnnnn

@cR WoundCowboy begs to differ dude.

I do like seeing him play though.
If you're gonna put cowboy in your top 5, you also HAVE to put Madzin in there. (so technically it'd have to be top 6)
The reasoning people would be likely to put wound in is because of his EGL win, where he beat the terry bros (4th & 5th @ EVO)
Whereas Madzin had to beat both twins and myself to get 1st.