What's new

Update! 5/5/15 MKX PC Patch has been pulled by NRS/HVS

I swear, Warner should have known better than to go with HVS after MK9, Injustice PC, and Injustice PS4. They also butchered the Zone of the Enders HD collection.

How they still get business is beyond me. I understand that they're local to Chicago, so that means easier co-operation between studios, but come the fuck on! These guys are beyond terrible.

I hope it is bad for them. Even if it was a WB suite pushing them to get it out the door "They" as a company are still responsible. Push back have a spine....should have push the date out and not fucked around.
It's not about having spine though. WBIE is the customer to HVS. If WBIE says to release something, ready or not, they have to.

That's business.

That doesn't make it right, but it's business.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
It's not about having spine though. WBIE is the customer to HVS. If WBIE says to release something, ready or not, they have to.

That's business.

That doesn't make it right, but it's business.
IDK look at the batman game they pushed it out a few times and that is WB as well ...so no I disagree if a game isnt ready it isnt ready the studio can push back if they have integrity

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
This will now be the 3rd time my account has been reset. Cant wait to go through the story and krypt all fucking over again. unbelievable.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
This will now be the 3rd time my account has been reset. Cant wait to go through the story and krypt all fucking over again. unbelievable.
That's pretty brutal, the saved game thing. I'm still workin' my way through the krypt just using koins from doin' tower runs. Used to get around 400 koins per fight, now it's like 650 or so. Takes a loooooong ass time.

IDK look at the batman game they pushed it out a few times and that is WB as well ...so no I disagree if a game isnt ready it isnt ready the studio can push back if they have integrity
While none of us actually have access to the agreement between WBIE and HVS, I'd wager money on HVS having to release it, ready or not.

The PC version is the ECS Tourney version in the Russian territories, and I suspect they were required to do this test streaming launch via Steam.

Perhaps WBIE was under obligation to Steam and ECS to release, I don't know. But as the owner and publisher, WBIE makes the release or delay call, not HVS.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OK so I'm almost about done downloading the first patch, still haven't run the game yet, but I see that it says that my current steam cloud usage for this game is 0 bytes out of 50 MBs. Earlier today it was like 7 MB or something. I'm 100% certain it wasn't zero.

I suspect the patch wipes out the cloud storage not the local storage, so I turned off the sync option and I might still have the save data when I run the game.

EDIT: GGs as soon as the patch finished downloading it started downloading another 15.2 GB patch, which I suspect is to reverse the first patch, and it won't let me run the game.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
this is like Dice's patch for BF4 all over again... "we fixed this on this patch".... "well too bad it broke that" "now we have to wait another week to fix that too".... LOL

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
While none of us actually have access to the agreement between WBIE and HVS, I'd wager money on HVS having to release it, ready or not.

The PC version is the ECS Tourney version in the Russian territories, and I suspect they were required to do this test streaming launch via Steam.

Perhaps WBIE was under obligation to Steam and ECS to release, I don't know. But as the owner and publisher, WBIE makes the release or delay call, not HVS.
even with all this, the artistic director or whoever is running the team at HVS should have had talks with WB early on and given an estimate of time and resources that would have easily given them enough time to port and test the game. This is most likely either just WB cutting corners to save money or just HVS having a shitty director.