What's new

Update! 5/5/15 MKX PC Patch has been pulled by NRS/HVS

Hi all. I'm at work, but obviously won't be playing if this is erasing save files.

I'm assuming I can simply turn off my modem, and use offline mode? Would that also be possible to back up, and how do you back up save data?

Dark_Ky

Noob
holy shit just aborted downloading the patch after I saw this update 5 mins ago...

SERIOUSLY! I never would have imagined that switching from console to PC had these complications along with it! PC Master Race eh? -_-

HVS did one hell of a fuck up job with this port..

Monox1de

Noob
I AM NOT DOWNLOADING A 2ND patch and the 2nd PATCH IS ALSO 15.2GB so that is a total of 31gb today if this 2nd patch is legit???

Rean

Noob
they pulled the patch
posted by CookieMunsterCheese_WB @ 09:40PM on May 05, 2015
We are temporarily removing the patch until we can pinpoint the cause of save data loss. We are actively working on this and will keep everyone posted as we work towards a fix. We sincerely apologize for this disruption.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
It's not even a "pc master race, lololol we can make fun of them" thing, this is wholly the developer thinking they could just auto port from the consoles to PC and not putting aside enough time or resources to properly develop or test the PC version.
True but I dont blame NRS....highvolt is the enemy here

i had this problem sereval times, all i did was > backup my actual save game, if the game deletes my actual save game all i do is: open the game, select the faction i was in before, ALT+TAB, paste my backup, play a single kombat, exit the game, and then my backup will be uploaded to the cloud with no problems

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
True but I dont blame NRS....highvolt is the enemy here
I would agree if everything else with the MKX launch went smoothly so far, but we have an entire game mechanic in the current OS method that is getting patched out. They CLEARLY cut corners with regards to testing based on this and the plethora of other issues.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
RIP HVS. On a serious note, will NRS have them do ports for them still? Hell, will WB have them makes games for them anymore? This is REALLY bad for High Voltage.
I hope it is bad for them. Even if it was a WB suite pushing them to get it out the door "They" as a company are still responsible. Push back have a spine....should have push the date out and not fucked around.