What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@ScorpXL
Dang, that was some impressive hardcore obscure research digging you did there to find a connection to the Konjure variation name. If Netherrealm Studios or Ed Boon really did go with the Konjure variation name for the reasons you pointed out.

I'd say it would be more of a troll move on their part because of how obscure that connection is to even those who are all into the Alien trivia when the Xenomorph caste system is at least introduced to the mass public in Aliens,Ha!

In preparation for Alien, I watched Prometheus, hadn't seen it until now.
Wanted to see why everyone thought it sucked, went in thinking it couldn't possibly be that bad.

I think I pretty much hated every single thing about that movie. Just complete nonsense.
I actually kind of liked Prometheus for the most part because it covered some of the origins of the Xenomorphs. I just wished it covered more information on the Engineers who created the Xenomorphs and humans and went more into detail on their reasons behind it.

Hopefully the sequel with cover that information though. Oh, and the best movie to prepare for Alien in my opinion would be to watch the first two Alien films Alien and Aliens. Especially Aliens :cool:

*Insert Alien scream*

Probably only one of two characters I'm excited for. I'd love to play him, but he'll probably be another Predator; super high tier and never getting nerfs. Gr8.
Im confused, do you not want alien to be a good character? Why pay to play as a bad character? I hope he is high tier and exactly like predator. Not only is predator top 5. He's probably the most fun out of the top 5 to play as

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Wanted to see why everyone thought it sucked, went in thinking it couldn't possibly be that bad.

I think I pretty much hated every single thing about that movie. Just complete nonsense.
It had about 10 reeeeaaaally cool things and 100 really shitty things.

Personally I think Alien is best when it leans more on the horror side. Most people jerk their dicks off to Aliens and Ripley beating up the Xeno Queen in the loader, but I've always felt that the original was leagues better. Not that Aliens was bad in anyway, it's still an absolutely great movie.

If I had to rank the films in terms of personal enjoyment i'd say:

Alien
Alien: Isolation(yeah i'm fucking counting this, it was absolutely great)
>
>
>
Aliens/Alien 3 tied
All of Prometheus' trailers like Weyland's press conference and David's introduction.
AvP: Requiem
Prometheus
An actual piece of shit
AvP
Resurrection.

Last edited:

Personally I think Alien is best when it leans more on the horror side. Most people jerk their dicks off to Aliens and Ripley beating up the Xeno Queen in the loader, but I've always felt that the original was leagues better. Not that Aliens was bad in anyway, it's still an absolutely great movie.

Alien
>
>
>
Aliens/Alien 3 tied
AVP2
All of Prometheus' trailers like Weyland's press conference and David's introduction.
Prometheus
An actual piece of shit
AvP
Resurrection.
AvP requiem is much worse than AvP. Requiem you cant even see anything. The lighting is pitch black the whole time.
I didnt know there was an avp2 though! Must watch now!

ScorpXL

Goro?

Alien
>
>
>
Aliens/Alien 3 tied
AVP2
Prometheus
An actual piece of shit
AvP
Resurrection.
I loved Isolation. They did an amazing job capturing all of the elements that made Alien so good in the first place.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
God, just got chills imagining who'd be next if they kept down the sci-fi horror path.

The Thing.

Could you fucking imagine playing as that? It'd be a disgusting and deadly amalgam of the MK fighters. Some Shokan arms, tarkatan blades, saurian scales, Tigrar claws and stripes, Kyttin bug parts, Cryomancer hands, etc. all wrapped up in a horrifying nightmarish fashion.

It'd be cool to see it start all of its intros as another fighter before bursting into a terrifying flesh monster.

AvP requiem is much worse than AvP. Requiem you cant even see anything. The lighting is pitch black the whole time.
I didnt know there was an avp2 though! Must watch now!

I had no problem seeing anything. Clearly AVP2 would be Requiem, unfortunately while I was editing my list I put that movie on there twice and didn't notice.

I don't think it was a good movie, but there were more things I liked in it than there were in AVP1.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie

I actually enjoyed prometheus. That being said, i was really high but none the less very much coherent. I think a lot of the criticism springs from the lack of understanding with the religious symbolism and the whole ancient alient/chariots of the gods theory. Also its important to understand that "hollywood" had alot to do with the lack of character development and story line. If it was up to ridley, prometheus would have been a far more better expirience. Also michael fassbender nailed it as david.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
God, just got chills imagining who'd be next if they kept down the sci-fi horror path.

The Thing.

Could you fucking imagine playing as that? It'd be a disgusting and deadly amalgam of the MK fighters. Some Shokan arms, tarkatan blades, saurian scales, Tigrar claws and stripes, Kyttin bug parts, Cryomancer hands, etc. all wrapped up in a horrifying nightmarish fashion.

It'd be cool to see it start all of its intros as another fighter before bursting into a terrifying flesh monster.

I had no problem seeing anything. Clearly AVP2 would be Requiem, unfortunately while I was editing my list I put that movie on there twice and didn't notice.

I don't think it was a good movie, but there were more things I liked in it than there were in AVP1.
Things intro would be kurt russel lmao

Frenzy

Noob

The Thing.

Those gifs were uncalled for!

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt

The Thing.

maybe they save the Thing to use in the Horror fighting game that Boon always dream

Rearawt

Noob

The Thing.

Aw, dude, why you gotta use examples from the 2011 film? That one was garbage

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Looking at the Queen Variation of Xeno.
It's pretty Rainbow Mika like.

I think NRS needs to do what Capcomdon't and bring back the full uncensored buttslap.

I do wonder how intricate that variation is going to be.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
My only fear of Alien is being zoned out. I'm sure it'll have a zoning variation (Leatherface got one, didn't expect that), as well as great mobility. I'm thinking it'll be one of the most mobile characters in the game, hopefully that would help against being zoned out.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

Prometheus was great! It didn't get great mainstream reception but I think it was better than that. Better than a couple of the Alien films to be honest. Isolation was awesome, definitely deserves it's spot right up there with the original Alien movie. Prometheus did raise a lot more questions than it answered however, but I think that was intentional, and not even in a cliff hangar way, just to make you question somethings in life and in the franchise's universe. I think he's planning on answering a lot of those questions, but also raising a lot more, and leaving a few just open to interpretation in the next one, at least thats what he said around the early stages of planning (round the time that Prometheus was originally released).

TommyKing5

So how would you rate all the movies involving the Xenomorph?

Mine goes as follows:

1.) Alien
2.) Aliens
3.) Alien 3
4.) Prometheus
5.) Aliens vs Predator
6.) Alien Resurrection
7.) Aliens vs Predator: Requiem

The most standout scene of the whole franchise (the scene that left me somewhat disturbed) was the scene in Resurrection when Ripley discovered her failed clone attempts, and had the burn the one that was still alive.
The death of the 'newborn' alien shocked me too. I couldn't imagine the pain of being sucked into the vacuum of space through a miniature hole to be an 'easy' death.

ScorpXL

Goro?
So how would you rate all the movies involving the Xenomorph?

Mine goes as follows:

1.) Alien
2.) Aliens
3.) Alien 3
4.) Prometheus
5.) Aliens vs Predator
6.) Alien Resurrection
7.) Aliens vs Predator: Requiem

The most standout scene of the whole franchise (the scene that left me somewhat disturbed) was the scene in Resurrection when Ripley discovered her failed clone attempts, and had the burn the one that was still alive.
The death of the 'newborn' alien shocked me too. I couldn't imagine the pain of being sucked into the vacuum of space through a miniature hole to be an 'easy' death.
To be honest, I can't choose between alien or aliens for the number 1 spot. Personally, I think it's kind of pointless to compare these two movies, because if you think about it... they're both amazing movies that are drastically different from each other. Alien, directed by Ridley Scott, is a movie that's always been about the suspense and focused on the slow build up. It took a much more horror-oriented approach. Ironically, the alien in that movie was only seen onscreen for a grand total of 3 minutes in the entire film.

Aliens on the other hand, which was directed by James Cameron, took a more action-oriented path. Cameron knew that he'd never be able to replicate the same level of fear and suspense that the original movie had established, so he decided that he wouldn't try to improve upon the previous formula. You know that old saying: "The sequel's never better than the original". Instead, he decided to create his own personal take on the franchise. He amped up the action, while still maintaining some suspenseful segments, which is the reason why the overall movie is so enjoyable to watch. A lot of people that worked on Aliens also worked on Alien, and they thought Cameron wouldn't be able to make a proper sequel. But he surprised them as well as the general public when he created something that was unique, but at the same time didn't shame the original.

To me, Alien is a horror movie, while Aliens is an action movie. They both differ in so many areas, which is why comparing them is harder than it seems. I personally consider both of them to be masterpieces in their own respective genres. It's the reason that to this very day, Alien and Aliens are considered culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant. It's why these films have even been preserved by the national film registry for the very reasons that I just stated.

As for the scene that stood out to me the most, I have to agree that the failed clone scene in Resurrection was horrific, and probably one of the only redeeming things of that entire movie. But one of the most memorable moments (and there are a lot of them lol) in any alien movie for me would have to be the air shaft scene in Alien. The moment when Dallas gets jumped by the alien in the air shaft when he tries to drive the it into the airlock while armed with a flamethrower. That moment when all you can hear is the beeping of the motion tracker and Lambert desperately screaming for Dallas to get the hell out of there as the alien closes in on him. It's hard to top something like that. But I also really liked the scene in Aliens where Ripley and Newt are trapped in the medlab with the 2 facehuggers. So many iconic moments in both films :cool:. As for the rest of the movies, my list is pretty much the same as yours. I'm glad I'm not the only one here that thought Alien 3 was ok. It may not have lived up to it's predecessors, but it's still a decent movie imo. Or at least the assembly cut version of the film is decent anyway... Damn I need Alien in MK X right now. The wait is killing me.

Last edited:

TommyKing5

I hope we get to see some Alien gameplay in the last Chasing the Cup episode... The last two weeks are going to be long.

I also hope that the Kombat Kast this week is Alien, but as Triborg was a klassic, and Leatherface was a guest, I'm going to assume it'll be Bo Rai Cho and then Alien... I hope to be pleasantly surprised though :)

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher

The directors cut makes wayyy more sense.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Looks like the CW show showed nothing new for Alien, save for a pop up string that we have no idea the usefulness of. NRS will likely follow the current pattern for kombat kasts (mk, guest, mk, guest) which means Bo this week and Alien the next. I can't wait any longer

ScorpXL

Goro?
Looks like the CW show showed nothing new for Alien, save for a pop up string that we have no idea the usefulness of. NRS will likely follow the current pattern for kombat kasts (mk, guest, mk, guest) which means Bo this week and Alien the next. I can't wait any longer
The info card for kp2 depicts alien as the third character. Triborg was the first, leather face second, and bo fourth. So if they keep following this pattern we might see a kombat kast featuring alien this week instead of the next. :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The info card for kp2 depicts alien as the third character. Triborg was the first, leather face second, and bo fourth. So if they keep following this pattern we might see a kombat kast featuring alien this week instead of the next. :D
Ah man PLEASE be the case. I'm depraved for some Alien info. Feel like he's the least of the pack right now but I'm one of the few counting the days to try him out!

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
My only fear of Alien is being zoned out. I'm sure it'll have a zoning variation (Leatherface got one, didn't expect that), as well as great mobility. I'm thinking it'll be one of the most mobile characters in the game, hopefully that would help against being zoned out.
Alien will probably play somewhat similar to D'Vorah, Alien will prob have one zoning variation where he can do some insane facehugger cancels while the facehuggers can also give Alien a hit advantage if it connects. I can also imagine it having a variation where it has Liu Kang/Tanya pressure (hopefully not to the same level as Kobu Jutsu) Alien is gonna be a great to play both casually and competitively

Status
Not open for further replies.