What's new

General/Other - Alien Unofficial Official Xenomorph PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
As far as the blood goes, I think it would work well in a high risk, high reward style variation. As the alien gets attacked, more of its blood covers it's body. This causes it's attacks to do more damage as the alien takes more damage.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Some new pics of Alien were posted on GameStop's Mk XL page, including another look at the queen/praetorian variation.

Awesome, thanks for posting these @ScorpXL!

Wow, the these shots really so off the great amount of detail on the Alien! It also looks like Queen/Praetorian Alien has the same throw animation with the Tarkatan Blades that the Warrior Variation did in the MKXL trailer.

ScorpXL

Goro?
And if you look closely at the second picture with the warrior variation, the skin color of the alien looks a bit different from what we've seen so far. It might be the P2 alternate color for alien. :eek:

New main once it drops, don't care about how good or bad it is or the fact its not a MK character. Been trying to keep calm about it since its initial announcement but as the time passes and more is shown I'm only growing more and more excited. Like many on here we grew up with Xenomorphs so its basically something many fighting game players have dreamed about since childhood. Cant even say how many times I've imagined myself in what if scenarios with these bad bois. Thinking of playing the Acid or Baraka variation but who knows atm could change once I get my hands on this legendary alien.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
And if you look closely at the second picture with the warrior variation, the skin color of the alien looks a bit different from what we've seen so far. It might be the P2 alternate color for alien. :eek:
Oh, your right that second picture looks like the Warrior Variation! So maybe that throw is Warrior Variation specific? Yeah, I've been noticing two different colors being shown for Alien in the trailers and shots. A black color and a grey (lighter) color.

I'm not sure which one is the default color but I'm think it's the black color because that's the classic color for the Alien and it's the color that was shown in the KP2 announcement trailer. I'm still hoping for a White/Translucent Alternate Color/Skin for Alien :cool:

Last edited:

ScorpXL

Goro?
New main once it drops, don't care about how good or bad it is or the fact its not a MK character. Been trying to keep calm about it since its initial announcement but as the time passes and more is shown I'm only growing more and more excited. Like many on here we grew up with Xenomorphs so its basically something many fighting game players have dreamed about since childhood. Cant even say how many times I've imagined myself in what if scenarios with these bad bois. Thinking of playing the Acid or Baraka variation but who knows atm could change once I get my hands on this legendary alien.
This. I get that some people hate guest characters and see them as wasted slots, but I'm honestly way more hyped for alien than any character that they could possibly add to the game. I've been a fan of the original films since I was 10. And I can still hardly believe that one of my favorite fictional creations of all time is going to be in a fighting game, but not just any fighting game either. Mortal Kombat, a fighting game franchise that I've also loved since I was a kid. Since MK X came out, my one and only main has been Goro. The other characters in the cast are cool, but none of them really caught my interest or fit my playstyle the same way Goro has. But with alien coming out soon, that's definitely going to change. :D

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@ScorpXL @Leviathan925
I can relate to being really hyped and excited for Alien and to actually be able to play as a freaking Xenomorph in a fighting game,Ha! Normally I don't really care that much for quest characters outside of the novelty of it and what kind of financial support it can bring to a game.

However Alien is one of the few possible characters from another big franchise that could be brought into a fighting game that I like enough to want to main and focus on besides the main cast of characters.

TKB

Noob
I am insanely hype for this character. Before the game was even released I've been saying I badly want the xenomorph to make the cut and thought there was no hope.

I also got my favorite MK character (BRC) so I couldn't be more thrilled.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
To me, he is the weakest part of KP2 but still looks really fun to play. Plus I have always liked the first two Alien films. Some of the best Sci Fi films ever. But imagine some fatals on this mofo. Raidens Bug Eyes? Jacquis Fist Pump? Scorpions Who's Next? Brah I wanna see if happen. It will look so weird.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude, there is a Queen Alien variation with Egg traps and Face Huggers like I was hoping for! They even gave the Queen Alien variation a proper head crown,Ha! I noticed that the Queen Alien summoned a Drone Alien (good call on that @gibster13) with the smoothed out head dome like in reveal trailer and that the other variations looked like it had the head dome ridges of a Warrior Alien.

However I didn't see any gameplay of the Drone Alien with the smooth head dome outside of the Queen summing it. So I wonder if the Warrior and Queen look is it for Alien/Xenomorph or if there is going to be a Drone variation too and they just showed the Queen and Warrior variations in the trailer only? Either way I'm really hyped for Alien/Xenomorph! Eventhough I mostly excited for the Queen Alien variation I'm going to main the whole character with all of it's variations.
That's not a queen.

I feel like I post this in every Alien thread, but it'll probably stop once they reveal the variation names.

It's a Praetorian(hive protectors), not a Queen.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Yeah. It definitely isn't a Queen. If it was it would have four arms and be much taller than Corrupted Shinnok. Praetorian is probably more realistic.

My thoughts on the variations:
1.) Warrior - (it definitely will not be called Warrior, because Predator already has that variation name, but we'll call it that for now). This variation will use both the speed and strength of the Xenomorph race, and the armblades of the Tarkartan host. The Xenomorph will use these blades to great effect. I'd imagine the amount of chip damage in this variation will be strong, as well as the footsie game. That tail is huge.

2.) Praetorian - Most probably the variation with the 'egg traps' and the assist. I'd imagine this variation will play like Hunter Predator with the traps, but that's just my opinion.

3.) 'Caustic' - I'm guessing this is the zoning orientated variation. By guessing of what we saw during the XL trailer, the Alien can place puddles of this acid around the arena, probably working much like Reptiles ex acid spit. Maybe in this variation if the Xeno takes damage (probably not regular punches or kicks, but when the opponent uses weapons such as Slasher Jason, Predator ect.) it'll reflect some damage back, probably miniscule though.

These are just my thoughts. I'd love to be proved completely wrong in the coming weeks, it's going to be an awesome month. Not long now til we get our hands on the Xenomorph!

'You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility... I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality... I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies...'

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Yeah. It definitely isn't a Queen. If it was it would have four arms and be much taller than Corrupted Shinnok. Praetorian is probably more realistic.

My thoughts on the variations:
1.) Warrior - (it definitely will not be called Warrior, because Predator already has that variation name, but we'll call it that for now). This variation will use both the speed and strength of the Xenomorph race, and the armblades of the Tarkartan host. The Xenomorph will use these blades to great effect. I'd imagine the amount of chip damage in this variation will be strong, as well as the footsie game. That tail is huge.

2.) Praetorian - Most probably the variation with the 'egg traps' and the assist. I'd imagine this variation will play like Hunter Predator with the traps, but that's just my opinion.

3.) 'Caustic' - I'm guessing this is the zoning orientated variation. By guessing of what we saw during the XL trailer, the Alien can place puddles of this acid around the arena, probably working much like Reptiles ex acid spit. Maybe in this variation if the Xeno takes damage (probably not regular punches or kicks, but when the opponent uses weapons such as Slasher Jason, Predator ect.) it'll reflect some damage back, probably miniscule though.

These are just my thoughts. I'd love to be proved completely wrong in the coming weeks, it's going to be an awesome month. Not long now til we get our hands on the Xenomorph!

'You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility... I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality... I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies...'
Those sound good. And yea I am counting the days. Four new characters, new skins, new online, new arena.....oh my gosh, March 1st will be a great day indeed.

Tweedy

Noob
ALIEN BOYZ

Hopefully I like this character. I would have played Predator, but I just can't get over his movement and overall play-style. Going to force myself to put a lot of time into the character regardless, especially with the Kung Lao nerfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.