What's new

Turtling. FML

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Kenshi is hands down my most hated character to play against. A good Kenshi makes me just want to repeatedly slam my head against the wall.
Yup, if you are trying to rushdown, its jump in the air, ohh downslashed or upslashed, try to poke, spirit charged or upslashed into a combo, try and cross up, upslashed, try and zone, reflected, there's like no good way to get to him without a teleport.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
My point is Ill get into a stalemate and then into a coma and then lose. Any high level player knows to back up sometimes while fighting to go for some AA but what happens when both players are doing the same thing? You get a stalemate and boring fight.
THIS! I created the post for this statement alone. I'm talking about the turtlers who literally just avoid everything and when I inch in...throw me full screen or what have you. Stalemate kills me....that is the only thing that truly beats me as a player. It's UN GODLY frustrating!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
How is turtling playing lame?
It's very smart, and a good player will combine rushdown, zoning, and turtling all into one.
Turtling is so good because it forces the other player to come in, and sometimes, they get desperate and let their guard down.

Calling that play style lame is a wrong statement.
LOL. Now, you know you are my pal and we play a lot, but you have never pulled the kind of turtling I am refering to, on me. It is lame when you do it for a certain amount of time....I've lost to a few Night Wolfs due to this ANNOYING strategy. I'm the type of guy that either says "COME AT ME BRO" or "I'm gonna come at you!". In all actuality, the reason I find it lame is because it works against me. I hate it, lol. :)

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Even if they aren't turtling it can be just as boring to play a Kitana that instant air fans all game, then squares away when you get close, I thought the point of using fans all day was to get them stuck mid air and combo, not just doing more fans, it was the most boring match I've ever played. The timer almost ran out.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Honestly, I love a good turtler. Two turtlers going at it is one of the most strategic type of matches you can get. Its a totally different way of thinking. Positioning, footsies and spacing control everything. Chip damage from a single poke can be the difference between life and death in a match like that. It makes you play outside your comfort zone in a totally different type of way. Dont shun it, embrace it. Run that clock down. Play that shit cheap. The cheaper the better. If you dont feel so dirty that you need a shower afterwards then you can still play cheaper.
Its fun when you get the right head for it.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
^ was that you who I played? Some dude left the game halfway and shit talked me that I did too many fans.
Is your name Dreamhelper on xbl? I didn't shit talk them, I got bored during the 3rd round when all this person was throwing fans and flying away. I won the first round, they won the 2nd, by fanning and running away because I was bored and kept trying to get in, 3rd round it was the same boring crap and I was done wasting my time. They sent me a message saying I rage quit, and I told them the match bored me to death. Which it did, it was so uninteresting. I would have quit the first round if that's what it was going to be like. Winning and losing doesn't matter at all to me, my only hope is to have an interesting match and people actually fighting not playing keep away.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
+10 for successfully using the word "Lackadaisical" in a sentence ^_^.

It happens in Ermac mirrors a bunch. The fight just going still while one tries to catch the other off-guard.
It's like playing Russian Roulette with French mentalists.
First one to get the other to misfire a TK or let go of block wins the trade.
Ridiculous.
Quite the loquacious type arent you

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Quite the loquacious type arent you
*insert giant-worded Masters' degree level combination of words that more or less just says I'm a writer who loves big words*

Onomatopoeia.
Endocrinology.
Antidisestablishmentarianism.

Spoon.

Fuck turtles. Some of them are, in fact, super fun to crack, but not always, as Runway put.
Waiting me out patiently is one thing; waiting until I turn 40 is another -_-.

Kenshi is hands down my most hated character to play against. A good Kenshi makes me just want to repeatedly slam my head against the wall.
THIS.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
*insert giant-worded Masters' degree level combination of words that more or less just says I'm a writer who loves big words*

Onomatopoeia.
Endocrinology.

Spoon.
LMAO.

When I think of Kenshi, I go back to Konqrr's post. Walking backwards is dangerous with most of the cast...with Kenshi it's fucktarded.

NariTuba

disMember
the most important thing is NOT to despair. I like to walk forward instead of dashing... it helps me change into a more patient mindset and is unnerving for the turtle. Watch the opp at all times and have a finger ready on the block or crouch button in case they so much as twitch. The cornering factor will make them uneasy to the point they will make a mistake.

This doesnt work against kitana who has a free get out of jail ass... good luck against that

Is your name Dreamhelper on xbl? I didn't shit talk them, I got bored during the 3rd round when all this person was throwing fans and flying away. I won the first round, they won the 2nd, by fanning and running away because I was bored and kept trying to get in, 3rd round it was the same boring crap and I was done wasting my time. They sent me a message saying I rage quit, and I told them the match bored me to death. Which it did, it was so uninteresting. I would have quit the first round if that's what it was going to be like. Winning and losing doesn't matter at all to me, my only hope is to have an interesting match and people actually fighting not playing keep away.
Losing to a better player is the only way you will get better.

And I'm on Playstation 3, so it wasn't me =)

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Losing to a better player is the only way you will get better.

And I'm on Playstation 3, so it wasn't me =)
Well I just didn't have an answer for it, I was playing sonya, tried to dash block, then they flew away, tried to arc in, caught by an air fan, tried to military f1 my way in, that was ok, hit them with it once, then they flew away again, it was really annoying and dull and I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I really only play this for fun. Being the best isn't a concern to me.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well I just didn't have an answer for it, I was playing sonya, tried to dash block, then they flew away, tried to arc in, caught by an air fan, tried to military f1 my way in, that was ok, hit them with it once, then they flew away again, it was really annoying and dull and I just couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I really only play this for fun. Being the best isn't a concern to me.
Sonya can outzone an iaf kitana if you shoot carefully, the ring does more damage too so u win in a trade as well

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
FoxyGrampa do you ever notice the way some people IAF with Kitana, the rings just seem to graze their butt but don't actually hit them. That seems to be the problem I've been running into when trying to zone them in the past. Maybe my timing is just off.

zaf

professor
lumpy, what about ermac turtling sonya?
Do you find this frustrating, as a small error in spacing puts you across the screen, and you take unbreakable damage?

i know sonya players like to divekick into armor cartwheel, but playing ermac i have no problem zoning out sonya.
I have no problem with sonya at all actually, its more cage thats a problem for him o.o

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Hmmm using sindel I pray that someone is turtling. Anywhere on screen sindel can atleast do chip damage.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
lumpy, what about ermac turtling sonya?
Do you find this frustrating, as a small error in spacing puts you across the screen, and you take unbreakable damage?

i know sonya players like to divekick into armor cartwheel, but playing ermac i have no problem zoning out sonya.
I have no problem with sonya at all actually, its more cage thats a problem for him o.o
Ermac is probably the 4rd worst match I'd say for her IMO. after Noob, Kenshi and Kabal, you try and divekick as you said, you get lifted or pushed, if you don't have enhanced cartwheel or the armor doesn't last long enough you get pushed or lifted into a combo, you can't keep pressure on, if he wake up lifts you, you take a combo as well. I actually find I'm the one that has to turtle fighting Ermac. watching out for pushes and wake up lifts. Get a knockdown, just block and try and sneak in or cross up. Otherwise Ermac just destroys me if I try and stay on the attack.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Onomatopoeia.
Endocrinology.

Spoon.

Fuck turtles. Some of them are, in fact, super fun to crack, but not always, as Runway put.
Waiting me out patiently is one thing; waiting until I turn 40 is another -_-.

THIS.
I just realized that I have ignored every one of your posts because they are red and it hurts my eyes to look at it lol

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I just realized that I have ignored every one of your posts because they are red and it hurts my eyes to look at it lol
Lol. Blame Ermac. Ive always colored according to my main/whoever I'm inquiring about.
But seeing as I'm putting Quan in rotation, I'm gonna end up using white anyway, so I think I'll just say the hell with it and leave the colors alone for awhile.

Y'know what really pisses off turtles? Rune traps :D.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Lol. Blame Ermac. Ive always colored according to my main/whoever I'm inquiring about.
But seeing as I'm putting Quan in rotation, I'm gonna end up using white anyway, so I think I'll just say the hell with it and leave the colors alone for awhile.

Y'know what really pisses off turtles? Rune traps :D.
AWWWH YEH! GETTIN DOWN WID DA CRUNCHY!

Yeah, Rune traps are fun lol