What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Tremor Tremor Match-Up Discussion Thread

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I don't hava a crazy amount of MU EXP but I would have to say zoners (kitana, lui kan, etc) are awful matchups and people who have great normals (KL, Cassie, etc) aren't too bad but definitely trouble. I'm not too sure what type of matchup tremor would excel in.
Cuz of his slow pokes he gets pretty screwed up by characters like Cassie, but u can zone her out

OmGxBdON

What do you do to zone out cassie and the like?
Well when against a Cassie that doesn't know the match up or anyone really. u can just throw OH low rocks mid rocks and air quake to stop zonin counter zonin attempts but when ure facing someone who does know the matchup, u gotta start implementing db1 into ure gameplan(u should always be usin db1 in ure zonin and spacing), someone who knows the matchup will just rek ure day if ure just usin OH rocks the whole time. Keep this in mind, u always want to end ure combos in db1 to get max distance as possible, depends on MU. Now if u know they're gonna go run in on you u gotta start usin ure bf4 and bf2 to stop run in attempts and fast traveling wake ups like Luis flyin kick and subs slide. U gotta make them respect u before u start usin OH rocks. If they're not max distance and about mid range u have to start usin db1 to control the space in front of u. Db1u for jump in attempts and and db1 for run in attempts. (Haven't tested this but I think they can duck this if as close as possible to u which db1d can counter, assuming they know this)(db1 Covers a lot of distance) Don't be afraid to use a ex db1. In particular Cassie can do air gunshots to stop ure air quake so only use it when you know she's gonna do a grounded gun shot or ex. Also Becuz of her godlike footsies they definently will try to run in an b1 ure face, which is why u need db1 to stop this and attempts alike.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Well when against a Cassie that doesn't know the match up or anyone really. u can just throw OH low rocks mid rocks and air quake to stop zonin counter zonin attempts but when ure facing someone who does know the matchup, u gotta start implementing db1 into ure gameplan(u should always be usin db1 in ure zonin and spacing), someone who knows the matchup will just rek ure day if ure just usin OH rocks the whole time. Keep this in mind, u always want to end ure combos in db1 to get max distance as possible, depends on MU. Now if u know they're gonna go run in on you u gotta start usin ure bf4 and bf2 to stop run in attempts and fast traveling wake ups like Luis flyin kick and subs slide. U gotta make them respect u before u start usin OH rocks. If they're not max distance and about mid range u have to start usin db1 to control the space in front of u. Db1u for jump in attempts and and db1 for run in attempts. (Haven't tested this but I think they can duck this if as close as possible to u which db1d can counter, assuming they know this)(db1 Covers a lot of distance) Don't be afraid to use a ex db1. In particular Cassie can do air gunshots to stop ure air quake so only use it when you know she's gonna do a grounded gun shot or ex. Also Becuz of her godlike footsies they definently will try to run in an b1 ure face, which is why u need db1 to stop this and attempts alike.
I haven't messed around with aftershock too much. The problem I have with Tremor's specials is that they all take so long it feels like you can just watch what tremor does and respond accordingly. Next time I run some sets I'll try out spacing with Aftershock. You play on PC or PSN?

OmGxBdON

I haven't messed around with aftershock too much. The problem I have with Tremor's specials is that they all take so long it feels like you can just watch what tremor does and respond accordingly. Next time I run some sets I'll try out spacing with Aftershock. You play on PC or PSN?
Psn

Hi, I am a scrubby Sub player. As of today i am also a scrubby Tremor player.
Here are some observations on how they match up.

-b12, b33, f42 and a bunch of other random strings cancelled into clone are safe for sub
-Tremor's j3 works fairly well for jumping over the clone. If spaced correctly it hits sub even if he is crouching
-Tremor's d4 punishes a blocked b2 through the clone, d4 can also be used to poke through the clone and prevent Sub from approaching
-All versions of db1 'stop' when they make contact with the clone (as if they stopped a projectile)
-db3, dd4 bypass the clone
-bf4, db3b is good vs slide
-Slow start up on projectiles makes Tremor very susceptible to getting blown up by ice ball
-db1 can be done on reaction to ice ball (barely). db1 dose not stop ex ice ball
-The armour of dd1 dose nothing against unbreakable's counters or any other counter (I think)
-For mix ups I have been doing 2,1,d3 cancelled into either db2d, db1d or dd1. The cancel into dd1 is to punish attempts to interrupt Tremor's slow ass specials
-dd1 allows you to punish slide and 'frost bomb' on hit
-After dd1 Tremor may be at frame advantage when hit with the clone shatter or toss. Seems to vary depending on distance- the closer the clone is tossed/shattered the more advantage Tremor has, when used at a distance Sub is plus but less than if Tremor just blocks
-Sub can low profile the majority of Tremor's significant strings with his d3 to avoid pressure
-Tremor's d4 has nearly as much range as Sub's d4

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

This is really weird but Tom Brady posted a video bout counter in kotal by back dashin, and he showed that u can back dash b122 string but with tremor u can't backdash the string for some reason am I just bad or can u really not btw I tried it with sub and I can backdash it just fine please don't tell me tremor has to just hold tht

This is really weird but Tom Brady posted a video bout counter in kotal by back dashin, and he showed that u can back dash b122 string but with tremor u can't backdash the string for some reason am I just bad or can u really not btw I tried it with sub and I can backdash it just fine please don't tell me tremor has to just hold tht
Bad news is you can not back dash
Good news is if you have crystalline's armour up then you can let go of block after the b12 take whatever Kotal dose (except x ray) and then punish.

Just got blown up by Ermac
Hit the lab and discovered that with crystalline's armour after getting hit by b3 or f4 you can exdbd to armour through the soul ball or the follow ups to his strings. You can also just default to low block, stand on hit/block and punish Ermac's unsafe options.

OmGxBdON

Bad news is you can not back dash
Good news is if you have crystalline's armour up then you can let go of block after the b12 take whatever Kotal dose (except x ray) and then punish.
That's ass I'm killing myself now (aftershock main)

Turns out Tremor's d4 will connect at round start vs half the cast and whiff against the rest. Will hit the following characters.

Kung Lao
Kenshi
Scorpion
Sub Zero (just outside of round start)
Mileena
Takeda (just outside of round start)
Cassie (just outside of round start)
Kung Jin
Predator
Cage
Liu Kang
Reptile (just outside of round start)
Ferra/Torr
Raiden
Quan Chi (just outside of round start)
Tremor (just outside of round start)

Last edited:

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Had an interesting couple of matches last night against a Kung Lao player that bring me to ask this question. Is there any options Lao has coming out of his teleport that should worry a krystalized Tremor?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Had an interesting couple of matches last night against a Kung Lao player that bring me to ask this question. Is there any options Lao has coming out of his teleport that should worry a krystalized Tremor?
No everything is one hit. If he teleport just sit and wait. I try to block to let the armor last a little longer. Used it against a scorpion, I would armor up and send overhead rocks. Forces him to play like a regular character.

I've been playing Tremor relentlessly and right now I don't feel like there a match up he can't actually fight. I use Metallic because I feel it deals with the most match ups, but from my experience.

The obvious one is he is lacking in speed, but with D1, D4, and D3 it does not leave him helpless. D4 Does great in any match because it's near impossible to be able to tell exactly how big the hitbox is when Tremor slams the ground and with it being special cancel-able you can do three things. One which is the easiest is Boulder drop, but does not work against characters like Reptile. Two is Rock punch which works against everyone, but it's not entirely safe so careful how you use it. Third and the best/hardest option is special cancel the special move with Rock punch or Rock shatter with the cancel command respectively. Dunno if it leave him plus or not, but I'm sure it will leave your opponent shaken at the very least.

Next is his pressure game. You can use 21 to if you land a hit with D1, D4, or D3 first. If several steps away you can use F1 which can be ducked easily, but his fast move or B1 which has a long start up, but stuffs low profiles. B32 is not a bad spacing tool, but still carries the HIGH RISK for the same fact opponents can jump over it. I also recommend not completing the B22 cuz his overhead is EASY to react to, but the third low is faster so the likelihood of B322 hitting is not good just special cancel at B32 and stay safe. 212 or 21D4 are his main mix up tools and thankfully not easy to punish. His 21D4 however special cancel-able so you actually use the same tech as mention above this paragraph. I've experience matches where I would get 2-3 string out cuz of the Rock punch or Rock shatter cancels.

DO NOT use 21 as a punch or spacing tool. 21 is Good for many other things like anti-air, pressure, mix-ups and most importantly combos. B2 is a really good spacing and anti-air tool, plus the inital frames has Tremor ducking so he can go under certain attacks. B2 is of course special cancel-able so you option are just really good.

Boulder Drop is best used at full screen, set-up after a combo(I prefer my final hits to be 21), and any special cancel-able block strings. Reason full screen is best because if you opponent approaches they are COMMITING to using advancing attacks so it's easy to tell where to drop the rock, plus you can hit buttons. I recommend D4 for the fastest runners, but for others use B2, B32 or B12. Block strings last cuz although I would say use it in the early part of the match. Use an armor move if necessary. I would not rely on this unless your CERTAIN you opponents gonna fall for this trap. Again best for opponents who use character that don't have attacks that moves them around too much.

As for Tremor Variations(I shorten it down to "Var.") I prefer Metallic overall, but I would not snuff out the other two. Aftershock I havent messed with yet, but Crystalline is probably the best at dealing with CQC. The reason is really just the crystal shatter. All tips above applies to all Var.s, but close up Crystal DB1 is the best cuz he is only -4 at best and does the same chip damage as Metallic Lava form Shatter lava, but Shatter lava is unsafe on block.
Crystalline does suffer of not having a immediate option to deal with zoning. Good for fighting Cassie who is forever plus I swear or Scorpion who can be punished fairly easily for example Scorpion does B32F2 then backdash Tremor punish with Crystal shatter(DB1D) .

That where Metallic comes in as a great COUNTER zoner. Metallic GOLD can armor up his Gold Rock toss and shoot it and all need directions, but when the opponent blocks or is hit you run up to mid-screen and threat another toss or something else.

Again I have not checked out Aftershock all too much. Too me it seems to be the lesser of the three, but I dunno. I would just pick Crystalline for rushdown opponents and Metallic for more flexible opponents.

There are many things you can do, but for the most part you need to block when your pressured and when you are free to attack you have many methods to attacks. Don't limit yourself.

OmGxBdON

I've been playing Tremor relentlessly and right now I don't feel like there a match up he can't actually fight. I use Metallic because I feel it deals with the most match ups, but from my experience.

The obvious one is he is lacking in speed, but with D1, D4, and D3 it does not leave him helpless. D4 Does great in any match because it's near impossible to be able to tell exactly how big the hitbox is when Tremor slams the ground and with it being special cancel-able you can do three things. One which is the easiest is Boulder drop, but does not work against characters like Reptile. Two is Rock punch which works against everyone, but it's not entirely safe so careful how you use it. Third and the best/hardest option is special cancel the special move with Rock punch or Rock shatter with the cancel command respectively. Dunno if it leave him plus or not, but I'm sure it will leave your opponent shaken at the very least.

Next is his pressure game. You can use 21 to if you land a hit with D1, D4, or D3 first. If several steps away you can use F1 which can be ducked easily, but his fast move or B1 which has a long start up, but stuffs low profiles. B32 is not a bad spacing tool, but still carries the HIGH RISK for the same fact opponents can jump over it. I also recommend not completing the B22 cuz his overhead is EASY to react to, but the third low is faster so the likelihood of B322 hitting is not good just special cancel at B32 and stay safe. 212 or 21D4 are his main mix up tools and thankfully not easy to punish. His 21D4 however special cancel-able so you actually use the same tech as mention above this paragraph. I've experience matches where I would get 2-3 string out cuz of the Rock punch or Rock shatter cancels.

DO NOT use 21 as a punch or spacing tool. 21 is Good for many other things like anti-air, pressure, mix-ups and most importantly combos. B2 is a really good spacing and anti-air tool, plus the inital frames has Tremor ducking so he can go under certain attacks. B2 is of course special cancel-able so you option are just really good.

Boulder Drop is best used at full screen, set-up after a combo(I prefer my final hits to be 21), and any special cancel-able block strings. Reason full screen is best because if you opponent approaches they are COMMITING to using advancing attacks so it's easy to tell where to drop the rock, plus you can hit buttons. I recommend D4 for the fastest runners, but for others use B2, B32 or B12. Block strings last cuz although I would say use it in the early part of the match. Use an armor move if necessary. I would not rely on this unless your CERTAIN you opponents gonna fall for this trap. Again best for opponents who use character that don't have attacks that moves them around too much.

As for Tremor Variations(I shorten it down to "Var.") I prefer Metallic overall, but I would not snuff out the other two. Aftershock I havent messed with yet, but Crystalline is probably the best at dealing with CQC. The reason is really just the crystal shatter. All tips above applies to all Var.s, but close up Crystal DB1 is the best cuz he is only -4 at best and does the same chip damage as Metallic Lava form Shatter lava, but Shatter lava is unsafe on block.
Crystalline does suffer of not having a immediate option to deal with zoning. Good for fighting Cassie who is forever plus I swear or Scorpion who can be punished fairly easily for example Scorpion does B32F2 then backdash Tremor punish with Crystal shatter(DB1D) .

That where Metallic comes in as a great COUNTER zoner. Metallic GOLD can armor up his Gold Rock toss and shoot it and all need directions, but when the opponent blocks or is hit you run up to mid-screen and threat another toss or something else.

Again I have not checked out Aftershock all too much. Too me it seems to be the lesser of the three, but I dunno. I would just pick Crystalline for rushdown opponents and Metallic for more flexible opponents.

There are many things you can do, but for the most part you need to block when your pressured and when you are free to attack you have many methods to attacks. Don't limit yourself.
Lol metallic is his worst variation hands down. I don't know how your counter zoning. But if your going for counter zoning u should play aftershock. Way better in counter zoning. Metallic is just bad. It's like Devorahs brood mother variant. It's the lesser of the two.

CJMxxx

Noob
Can someone help me in dealing with Liu Kang Dualist pressure? Are the cancels safe? Do I just pick a spot to armor out?

Can someone help me in dealing with Liu Kang Dualist pressure? Are the cancels safe? Do I just pick a spot to armor out?
Not an expert on Dualist though between Tremor's slow armour and Kang's ability to chew through said slow armour I think it is safe to say that 'armouring out' is not the answer.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Not an expert on Dualist though between Tremor's slow armour and Kang's ability to chew through said slow armour I think it is safe to say that 'armouring out' is not the answer.
It's a tough match. You have to punish, corner carry and keep them there. Bait out his EX moves then punish and mix up in the corner. Aftershock helps, I think, with getting in.

Also: instead of going for EX DD4 after a combo you can DB3 and run in for B32 to eat through armor

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
has anyone played much of the kung jin mu yet?
despise that mu with mileena so im wondering would tremor fair better than scorpion..

i use crystalline much more than i do the other two variations so must go to the lab to see how to best use dd1 against kungs stuff

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
has anyone played much of the kung jin mu yet?
despise that mu with mileena so im wondering would tremor fair better than scorpion..

i use crystalline much more than i do the other two variations so must go to the lab to see how to best use dd1 against kungs stuff
I struggled with this match up the other day, but I think it was because I wasn't respecting his silly njp (just drop rocks on his head or use jumping dd1 when he lands, if you use aftershock), or his armored wakeups. Tremor is well-equipped to punish and corner carry Kung Jin, then you just have to predict and punish wakeups. A lot of KJ's gap-closing tools are really unsafe, so jut make him pay, then zone pressure him to make him screw up again.

Wasnt sure where to post this..But online is annoying enough..Any you guys know how to stop just people who spam cross up kick/punch with Tremor? d1 seems to get blown up..

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Wasnt sure where to post this..But online is annoying enough..Any you guys know how to stop just people who spam cross up kick/punch with Tremor? d1 seems to get blown up..
F1 is a really good anti crossup, you dont get much from it but it's been consistent for me.

OmGxBdON

21 but u can also use ex db2u for cross up. It's pretty guaranteed IMO unless u use the special move late. Also full combo. Basically for any jump in u can use ex db2u. Works very well with cross up as well.