What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Tremor Tremor Match-Up Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A big weakness of Tremor is the ability to deal with low profiling. Because 2 gets low profiled so easily at times, and it's his only mid faster than 19 frames, it's a big issue as opponents can literally mash out low pokes really easily if he lands hits and they end up a little distance from him. Which really sucks vs characters with such long pokes like Predator, Sub, Kano, Kotal, Scorp, and so on.

From my experiences, as an Aftershock user, it makes the Kano matchup really difficult. Also Kano's safe, fast, 2-hit wakeup in the corner really messes with the idea of getting setups going vs him in Aftershock. So I think Kano (all variations) gives Aftershock, at the very least, a lot of problems.

Kung Lao seems obviously difficult, as well. HQT Predator is also a problem for him. Not sure about the rest of the cast...those are the couple I've really played.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Well, any character that zones him from afar and rushes in at spitting distance gives him massive disadvantages. He does fairly well against Jason, though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A big weakness of Tremor is the ability to deal with low profiling. Because 2 gets low profiled so easily at times, and it's his only mid faster than 19 frames, it's a big issue as opponents can literally mash out low pokes really easily if he lands hits and they end up a little distance from him. Which really sucks vs characters with such long pokes like Predator, Sub, Kano, Kotal, Scorp, and so on.
Hmm. Interesting. Who said the same thing two days ago but was assaulted and ridiculed by the Tremor cultists?

General M2Dave said:
Tremor struggles against low pokes, most of which have limited recovery frames. Crystallization will not save you. The problem is that Tremor's long-ranged mid attacks all have 18+ frames of start up. He is very susceptible to mid range zoning. When he does get in, the opponent may have to block a couple of strings here and there. But who cares? None of them are fast and safe overhead and low attacks that lead to more mix ups.
At least you people are getting your asses kicked and learning that the character is indeed abysmal.

One step in the right direction.

Well, any character that zones him from afar and rushes in at spitting distance gives him massive disadvantages. He does fairly well against Jason, though.
Good to know. All those Jason players who are running wild in tournaments will finally get what they deserve. Thank God for Tremor.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hmm. Interesting. Who said the same thing two days ago but was assaulted and ridiculed by the Tremor cultists?
LOL I agreed from the start that was an issue! I found out about 2 hitting mid, and also realized that online was fucking up my d1 stuff badly today. The 2 hitting mid helps, but it's still a problem. I never once said it wasn't.

He does do pretty poorly vs zoners. Aftershock isn't too terrible about it due to air quake, but he still isn't out-slinging anyone. I agree.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
It's true he gets zoned out by certain characters. Aftershock is pretty good at dealing with that from afar, with crystalline once you're in you stay in. The guessing game after f121 is is similar to kitana's after she does 21 but you have even more options in crystalline with exdb1 being a threat (armoured, launches and is at least +7 on block), it's proven very effective for me against people trying to single hit reversal or counter poke with anything.

He doesn't do too bad against Lao, it's all about momentum, whoever gets that first hit is in control of the match. Been playing foxy and I can't honestly say it's a bad matchup.

I've been worried about voicing my opinions on this character because of his overwhelming negative reception, but now I feel comfortable in saying that tremor is good, if not a great character. Not top 5 material, maybe not quite top 10, but he is viable, I urge you guys to just lab a bit more and give him time to develop, and if not keep crying cause it inevitably get him buffed lol which is perfectly fine by me.

Last edited:

CubaKahn

Noob
It's true he gets zoned out by certain characters. Aftershock is pretty good at dealing with that from afar, with crystalline once you're in you stay in. The guessing game after f121 is is similar to kitana's after she does 21 but you have even more options in crystalline with exdb1 being a threat (armoured, launches and is at least +7 on block), it's proven very effective for me against people trying to single hit reversal or counter poke with anything.

He doesn't do too bad against Lao, it's all about momentum, whoever gets that first hit is in control of the match. Been playing foxy and I can't honestly say it's a bad matchup.

I've been worried about voicing my opinions on this character because of his overwhelming negative reception, but now I feel comfortable in saying that tremor is good, if not a great character. Not top 5 material, maybe not quite top 10, but he is viable, I urge you guys to just lab a bit more and give him time to develop, and if not keep crying cause it inevitably get him buffed lol which is perfectly fine by me.
When are you gonna stream man? I've been dying to see a good Crystalline player.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
When are you gonna stream man? I've been dying to see a good Crystalline player.
I don't have any stream equipment unfortunately :( you can catch me in ketchups stream from time to time though, there's footage of my day 1 tremor on there but it's not really a good representation of the character lol.

CubaKahn

Noob
I don't have any stream equipment unfortunately :( you can catch me in ketchups stream from time to time though, there's footage of my day 1 tremor on there but it's not really a good representation of the character lol.
Yeah I saw that, its why I ask. It was great seeing the character but I could tell it was day 1 and would love to see you with a higher comfort level. I guess I'll be on the lookout for you on Ketchup's channel.

From my experiences, as an Aftershock user, it makes the Kano matchup really difficult. Also Kano's safe, fast, 2-hit wakeup in the corner really messes with the idea of getting setups going vs him in Aftershock. So I think Kano (all variations) gives Aftershock, at the very least, a lot of problems.

Kung Lao seems obviously difficult, as well. HQT Predator is also a problem for him. Not sure about the rest of the cast...those are the couple I've really played.
I use to have problems with low profiles moves and mid range zoning as well. But after abusing db3 and db3b, footsies pretty much became a non-issue for me since his db3 pretty much sets the pace for Tremor.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Also Kano's safe, fast, 2-hit wakeup in the corner really messes with the idea of getting setups going vs him in Aftershock. So I think Kano (all variations) gives Aftershock, at the very least, a lot of problems.
Crouch blocking can make the second hit whiff, ie make it unsafe, so it's not necessarily as safe as you'd think -_______-

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Some games i played against SHAZZAMs Cassie online, this match-up is rough. once cassie gets in, you're pretty much dead

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Some games i played against SHAZZAMs Cassie online, this match-up is rough. once cassie gets in, you're pretty much dead
Atm I feel like shinnok gives tremor the biggest problem. The fact that he can't punish his he'll sparks unless the third one whiffs is terrible. Plus if they insta air teleport u can't do much about, since his njp is decent. U can uppercut but you'll trade hits if anything.Also not having a mid that covers a lot of distance gets him poked out by shinnoks amazin pokes. Also when ure setting up OH rocks he can do his flyin shoulder move to get out of the pressure very easily. Any tips by anyone

OmGxBdON

What characters does he get zoned out by so far I haven't really encountered any trouble with getting zoned out atleast in aftershock. Jaqui is irrevelant to him when full auto. Atm I feel like tremor zones people so well in aftershock

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
EGP Wonder Chef (Crystalline & Aftershock) vs FR Legend (Kitana: RS)

Matches starts around 59:40. Tremor vs Kitana looks pretty rough man not gonna lie lol,but he was able to get a few amount of matches off Legend.

Are there any matchups where Tremor does pretty decent or maybe go even?

OmGxBdON

What characters does he get zoned out by so far I haven't really encountered any trouble with getting zoned out atleast in aftershock. Jaqui is irrevelant to him when full auto
EGP Wonder Chef (Crystalline & Aftershock) vs FR Legend (Kitana: RS)

Matches starts around 59:40. Tremor vs Kitana looks pretty rough man not gonna lie lol,but he was able to get a few amount of matches off Legend.

Are there any matchups where Tremor does pretty decent or maybe go even?
the struggle is real this matchup really is tough

OmGxBdON

He did switch to aftershock but I didn't watch those matches, so I don't know how he did... hopefully better lol
Just played some matches with a friend who's pretty good wi katana.the mournful matchup and royal storm were tough. I think royal storm and assassin are easier then going against mournful though in aftershock. If ure patient u can ex air ground pound which really helps him out in he matchup feel bad for the other variants that don't have this tool to counter zonin

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't hava a crazy amount of MU EXP but I would have to say zoners (kitana, lui kan, etc) are awful matchups and people who have great normals (KL, Cassie, etc) aren't too bad but definitely trouble. I'm not too sure what type of matchup tremor would excel in.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Jason, Kotal Kahn, Mileena & Ferra/Torr? He might go even with them...
Jason, KK, and f/T I could see. Idk about kitana, with sai variation and ethereal I would/want to play that one out.

Damn I need the character select screen in front of me lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
If ignorance is bliss, then this thread is a perfect massage - outside of PND OmegaK's prickly logic.