What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

I've successfully poked an opponent multiple times only to be counter poked on the startup of any pressure I begin mounting. It's become rather frustrating.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
There is alot of shit slinging going on in here. I came to chat some aftershock but i dont want to be part of this dookie fest lol
your picking up tremor? *starts countdown to tremor being broken*
you like aftershock more than the other two?

I've successfully poked an opponent multiple times only to be counter poked on the startup of any pressure I begin mounting. It's become rather frustrating.

dont mean this to sound dickish but it that just online?
tremor's pokes have enough hit advantage that your opponent shouldnt have the frames to low profile your high if your timing it right.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
your picking up tremor? *
Yeah ive been messing with him for 2 weeks now.

Id say hes better overall due to the fact that i have an air 50/50 on jump in and GUARANTEED RESETS in the corner against parts of the cast. I would totally use him on predator hqt.

Reactions: GAV

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Because when we're talking about Tremor zoning in a matchup, db2d ex has something to do with it ? Oo

If you are not convinced, best way is to try yourself in those matchups.
The part you quoted had nothing to do with the Kitana conversation . . .

I also misinterpreted what you showing. If you want to use the best possible Tremor zoner then yeah pick Metallic but that video definitely showed her fans hitting you and some for good damage. I don't know why but that Kitana would get hit with a fan or two then decide to stop and run in. I don't know why you'd try to zone against Kitana either.

1man3letters

Yeah ive been messing with him for 2 weeks now.

Id say hes better overall due to the fact that i have an air 50/50 on jump in and GUARANTEED RESETS in the corner against parts of the cast. I would totally use him on predator hqt.

guaranteed? do you mean 21d4u4, (max height)f3~ex dd1, ex dd4 setup that was posted to work on quan/pred/kotal before or something different??
if you do that on ai it looks legit but if you record it and have ai do it on you, tech roll jump forward/back/up gets out. ggs mk practice mode

with after shock aswell even though was said in patch notes i dont think NRS fixed the bug with the ground ex dd1 sometimes not given the hit stun its meant to correctly,
still if db2d hits close to frames the quake goes off and only the low hits, opponent can block straight away and you cant combo.

yea air 50/50 is nice, wish his jump punches had a tad bigger downwards hitbox but guess the air dd1 and jump kicks discourage low profile attempts

EDIT: WAS WRONG ABOUT THE RESET BEING NOT GUARANTEED

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
ea air 50/50 is nice, wish his jump punches had a tad bigger downwards hitbox but guess the air dd1 and jump kicks discourage low profile attempts
Can you do a certain timing on the air 50/50 for it to be a guess? I don't play aftershock much but last I heard about it, the point where a jump in could hit would get you AA'd if you did tried the ground pound. Like instead of a 50/50 it's more of a reaction type thing.

1man3letters

Can you do a certain timing on the air 50/50 for it to be a guess? I don't play aftershock much but last I heard about it, the point where a jump in could hit would get you AA'd if you did tried the ground pound. Like instead of a 50/50 it's more of a reaction type thing.
well jumping1 8 frames, jumping 2 10 andair ground pound 13 frames so not many reacting to that mixup wise while airborn haha
dunno if be able to see a AA attempt and pop it off in reaction, doubt it.

when im playing against aftershock tremor, i try meet him in air for a air to air when he jumps in so i dont have to deal with the guess.
air ground pound does hit opponents a bit of the ground but it is very possible to jump over the htbox of the move

E

Eldriken

Has anyone been able to pull off instant air Earth Shakes? I think it can only realistically be done on a HitBox, so I'm unable to try it.

I think they'd be super useful if possible.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
guaranteed? do you mean 21d4u4, (max height)f3~ex dd1, ex dd4 setup that was posted to work on quan/pred/kotal before or something different??
if you do that on ai it looks legit but if you record it and have ai do it on you, tech roll jump forward/back/up gets out. ggs mk practice mode

with after shock aswell even though was said in patch notes i dont think NRS fixed the bug with the ground ex dd1 sometimes not given the hit stun its meant to correctly,
still if db2d hits close to frames the quake goes off and only the low hits, opponent can block straight away and you cant combo.

yea air 50/50 is nice, wish his jump punches had a tad bigger downwards hitbox but guess the air dd1 and jump kicks discourage low profile attempts

Uhhhhhhh

The f3 has to be done at max height of the kick which is pretty easy to do with practice. If done too low everyone can get out. As for the rest ill go over it when i get home. I think aftershock is incredibly cheap but i have more exploring to do with the character anyway so i dont know exactly how good he is yet. Aftershock fights hqt which is a big deal

Last edited:

1man3letters

Uhhhhhhh

The f3 has to be done at max height of the kick which is pretty easy to do with practice. If done too low everyone can get out. As for the rest ill go over it when i get home. I think aftershock is incredibly cheap but i have more exploring to do with the character anyway so i dont know exactly how good he is yet. Aftershock fights hqt which is a big deal
ah i see what i was doing wrong now, i knew i was getting the f3 at right height but i was doing the ex dd4 part too late.
the delayed quake was hitting the opponent higher ofF the ground when i was doing it than in your video where its right before they touch the floor.
i thought because i was getting the ex dd4 and ex dd1 to combo that i was doing it correctly :oops:

thanks for making the video to clear up my misinformation :)

I've played on hitbox since 09 and have been practicing iaq with aftershock since tremor was available. I still cannot reliably get them out:( I have no trouble at all with any other instant airs. If your practicing them make sure you delay the first down ever so slightly. so it will be Up delay the down a tiny bit then down and 1. That's how I have the most success at least

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Uhhhhhhh

Can you roll and wakeup?

Does anyone know how much meter the opponent builds when doing this reset?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I tried to make it easier to get it more consistently using b2 instead of f3. It does 2% less than f3, works on every wakeups.

Last edited:

1man3letters

I tried to make it easier to get it more consistently using b2 instead of f3. It does 2% less than f3.

tech roll man, always test tech roll.
quan chi can ex sky drop out of that setup with a tech roll, so if worst armored wakeup in game can do that thats bad news.
the f3 one is character specific so i think using a normal that gives less height/knockdown frames isn't helping it being consistent
EDIT:actually no wake up needed, just tech roll and do a string when you stand up

maybe if your want to use ex dd1 off b2 you should use the 2nd bar for a ex db2 cancel to fuck there wakeup?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
tech roll man, always test tech roll.
quan chi can ex sky drop out of that setup with a tech roll, so if worst armored wakeup in game can do that thats bad news.
the f3 one is character specific so i think using a normal that gives less height/knockdown frames isn't helping it being consistent
EDIT:actually no wake up needed, just tech roll and do a string when you stand up

maybe if your want to use ex dd1 off b2 you should use the 2nd bar for a ex db2 cancel to fuck there wakeup?
Ok, so it's working only after f3 because of the slower gravity ? Is it not too tight to be used consistently ?

CoviellotheGreat

Online is trash and dumb to play.
So after the latest patch, which said that Tremor's frame data is good now, Tremor's frame data is still messed up. Is there a consistent way to test frames?

1man3letters

So after the latest patch, which said that Tremor's frame data is good now, Tremor's frame data is still messed up. Is there a consistent way to test frames?
yea noticed there still a few mistakes alright. rolling stone still says -10 for example when its -6 on block.

you could find a move that is as minus as the start up and do reversal specials, flip it around if your checking tremors block data.
or if your able hook up your console to laptop and record footage and count the frames (must be able to record in 60fps though)

InFlames

dead
been out of the loop since the patch dropped but im picking up tremor again.

Is there a way to combo off 21d4u4/b1d4u4 midscreen? I know you can combo off f121xxup punch or f121, run d1xxstone shatter for the late hitconfirm but with these strings I feel like im missing alot of damage just going into stone punch.

Last edited:

1man3letters

been out of the loop since the patch dropped but im picking up tremor again.

Is there a way to combo off 21d4u4/b1d4u4 midscreen? I know you can combo off f121xxup punch or f121, run d1xxstone shatter for the late hitconfirm but with these strings I feel like im missing alot of damage just going into stone punch.
sadly thats d4u4~down stone punch gone thats really all we got with normal stone punch or aftershock/metallic shatter with those 2 strings midscreen.
if burned a bar after the u4 with a ex stone punch runcancel into f121 it can get them but you still not tacking on much damage