Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Comic Book Fan

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • No one...

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters

Solo

Shadow Priest
Point is that ANYONE can become a top player in any game they want, ESPECIALLY a brand new game that isn't a "sequel" or new version of another game. Injustice is a completely new game so it's 100% up in the air. Of course top FG players will be better in the beginning. But the game isn't over in the first quarter. ;)
I believe MK players will have an edge on the game. TBH.. It still look MKish. Although, it could be 100% different.

I think it would be like asking who the top player would be in MK9 before it came out. The informed would have either said a top Capcom player or one of the top UMK3 players at the time, or Tom Brady because of his tournament experience and him being top in MKDC. A lot of the people at the time would have (and did) say REO because REO was still dominating tournaments back then in other MK games. Also people said Tom because he had so much time with the game before release, as well as him being a great FG player of course.

So with that in mind, people will probably say the same thing. 16bit apparently has had some time with the game, and is a great MK9 player. REO is good at any FG he's dedicated his time to, so he's a safe bet too. Really ANY top FG player in ANY game is a safe bet. But who would have said 16bit would be one of the top players in MK9 before it came out? What about Maxter, CDjr, Denzell, MIT, Pig, Detroit, Freevolver, Khaotic, etc before MK9 came out, who would have said these guys except people who knew them?

Point is that ANYONE can become a top player in any game they want, ESPECIALLY a brand new game that isn't a "sequel" or new version of another game. Injustice is a completely new game so it's 100% up in the air. Of course top FG players will be better in the beginning. But the game isn't over in the first quarter. ;)
I'd be surprised if 16Bit or Delriach will enjoy a game, some dude that worked on MK Deception that's from Chicago followed me on Twitter, and he said he was QA for it, and told me it's not fun when you test the game, that it's better to wait, you'll enjoy it more. I asked him if he played the game a 100 times and he replied "imagine playing the story 100 times in a row", they've been working there for a year+, I'm curious to see if they actually will enjoy the game.

I$AAC

Noob
The player with the most dedication, skill, and love for the game will be the best player. But as every other competitive fighting game has shown us, there's very rarely if ever ONE single BEST player. There's always a bunch of high level players and even a bunch of top players. Whoever wants it the most and has the skill and determination to back it up will reign supreme.

With that said, I'm aiming to be one of those players.

You and me both dude!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Probably someone from another series. I don't see MK guys adjusting well to the back to block button. Not saying they wont block, but I am saying that many will get mixed up more and crossed up more often without that catchall block to bail them out. Its an adjustment getting used to blocking not just on reaction but in the right direction...especially on a crossup attempt or a get mixup setup designed to throw you off your guard.

Likely the best player will be a strong footsie player from one of the other games. Someone with good reads and reactions who can do combos and set people up in a heart beat. My top pick is likely Chris G or J Wong. I don't think there are enough BS things yet to just hand the crown to F Champ. He tends to play characters with ridiculous frontal control. If MM makes it in with stretchy stuff though I can see him picking the guy up. Other wise I see him going for either Cyborg or Catwoman.

My current guess just based on who is a solid all around player who competes in multiple games...Chris G.

But can he nomad dash or ass forward, too? If he can't, who cares if he stands full screen throwing projectiles? I say that because there are characters who seem to be able to go head to head with that, like Green Arrow, or sliding Flash, or Harley's gun, or Grundy's knives, or Nightwing's ground spark. What makes the MK9 IA stuff dumb is that they belong to characters who can play that game and instantly be in your face. That's wrong, because there's no tradeoff to being at a distance and being up close.
He has a fast start zip line that goes anywhere IIRC full screen literally. Sounds better. And you were talking about projectiles....

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think the MK tournament players that just play MK and don't care about other fighters aren't going to adjust so easily. Everyone is sleeping on the fact that Injustice has difference game mechanics. There is a HUGE list of differences we have now, but I'll name a few that is game changing.

1.Legit hit trades
2.Back to block(no block button)
3.actual cross ups
4.different control layout

Players familiar with these traits will pick it up quickly I'd imagine. It can be a beautiful hybrid of SF and MK mechanics when you think about it...so wtf knows lol.

I$AAC

Noob
Fuck it ill come out and say it. I will be the best player in Injustice! Why? Cause I have he drive to do it and I'm in the position where I can travel to majors. Trust me when I say this, I WILL win an injustice major before the lifespan of this game ends. I'm dead serious about this. No more real life getting in he way of me becoming the best this time around!!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In all honesty, it's impossible to tell who will be the top Injustice player. It doesn't always matter what game you're top in...there are too many mechanics that each player base isn't used to. Lack of proximity blocking is very uncommon in most 2D fighters, and it's something MK players and 3D players are super used to. However, back-to-block is something MK players aren't used to either. String-based combos exist in 3D fighters as well, but 3D fighters also generally don't include the element of projectile zoning.

It's really impossible to tell. Not everyone will properly play IGAU as they would their fighting game of choice. Not saying MK players are done, or everyone else will automatically be below us, just saying there's no clear winner.

top mk players will be fine. i started playing tekken not to long ago and it took me no time to get use to holding back to block. and also my spacing and what not translated over to it.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I know I'm gonna main Green Arrow, but if I compete I will top tier the hell out of this game because I legit like ALL the roster unlike MVC where I had to love DMC or RE for most slots on a team. Besides I mained Iron Fist out of loyalty to him after waiting 15 years for him in a fighter. This game I have waited for ALL of these fighters I'm just a bit bias towards GA is all. In other words I'll be maining Arrow, but I will not be afraid to counterpick and play tier whore with this if I want a win.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MK players I guess 'cuz I doubt Tekken or SF guys will play it.
Why do you doubt that? Hold back to block, option to use SF style inputs, no proximity blocking, can turn off negative edge, online training mode, in game frame data, etc. I think every fighting game player will at least try the game based on these features alone.

AYSAMO

Noob
I'll bet that a capcom player wins the first Injustice major, honestly. Only because all those top players like JWong have an incredible ability to break a game down really quickly, and figure out what is or isn't good.

insignis

Noob
Why do you doubt that? Hold back to block, option to use SF style inputs, no proximity blocking, can turn off negative edge, online training mode, in game frame data, etc. I think every fighting game player will at least try the game based on these features alone.
because they used to play SF etc. I hope I'm wrong but they might try the game and then return to their usual ones.

I think FilipinoChamp and Fanatiq said they would play the game.
If FIlipinoChamp sticks to the game I think he has a good chance to take many of the tournaments and become the best player, since he tends to practice like a maniac.

No offense to any MK top player, but mostly it looks like they stick to MK9 and are successful in that game alone, while Crapcom game pros duke it out in few various games and still play on a very, very, very high level. If they stick to it, they should master it better.

At least in my opinion.