Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Comic Book Fan

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • No one...

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters

Solo

Shadow Priest
Who do you think will be a Top Player in the Injustice game?

Random Guy/Girl, The Top MK Players, Random Comic Fan, Me, or we will all suck in Injustice?

You can give me a specific person btw.

Think about it like this. Injustice has yet to reveal MK style teleporting characters, and with back to block I don't know if you could put them in anyway. MK3 original version is the only game that Ed has ever made that doesn't have teleporting characters except MK3 Lao, but there are no air starters so he is limited (don't count Sheeva), and zoning is very strong in vanilla mk3. So far we haven't seen mid air insta moves like machine gun blast or fans, so that is potentially gone (although Green Arrow has some fast air projectiles, but he can't teleport like Noob, or dash like Kabal. So, he would be a traditional zoner). I expect traditional 2d fg players to do very well in this game, and I suspect that MK9 only or 3d MK fans will struggle a bit with Injustice. I don't think you will be able to rely on resets, spam, dash cancels, teleports, or the like. I guess I'm saying Chris G will be #1 in this game. lol. Maybe.
Man, now that I think about it, I'm still waiting for characters that have POWERS! Like a damn projectile or actual POWERS.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm going to break everyone.

Just saying.

I played MK for 5 months before I even started caring about competing.
I'm going lights the fuck out on this game the minute it enters my bloodstream.

Please, Based God, don't let Bane be terrible.

SLy

Noob
As long as your fundamentals are strong and you have good understanding of fighting games in general then anybody can be a Top player. This is a brand new game and we are all starting at the same time. This is a great chance for a lot of new players to come to the offline scene..

Think about it like this. Injustice has yet to reveal MK style teleporting characters, and with back to block I don't know if you could put them in anyway. MK3 original version is the only game that Ed has ever made that doesn't have teleporting characters except MK3 Lao, but there are no air starters so he is limited (don't count Sheeva), and zoning is very strong in vanilla mk3. So far we haven't seen mid air insta moves like machine gun blast or fans, so that is potentially gone (although Green Arrow has some fast air projectiles, but he can't teleport like Noob, or dash like Kabal. So, he would be a traditional zoner). I expect traditional 2d fg players to do very well in this game, and I suspect that MK9 only or 3d MK fans will struggle a bit with Injustice. I don't think you will be able to rely on resets, spam, dash cancels, teleports, or the like. I guess I'm saying Chris G will be #1 in this game. lol. Maybe.
Watch J360 play Cybrog brah. IAGBS

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
As long as your fundamentals are strong and you have good understanding of fighting games in general then anybody can be a Top player. This is a brand new game and we are all starting at the same time. This is a great chance for a lot of new players to come to the offline scene..
not if you live on the other side of the globe and there is no offline scene ....

I hope online will be better

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The player with the most dedication, skill, and love for the game will be the best player. But as every other competitive fighting game has shown us, there's very rarely if ever ONE single BEST player. There's always a bunch of high level players and even a bunch of top players. Whoever wants it the most and has the skill and determination to back it up will reign supreme.

With that said, I'm aiming to be one of those players.

EDIT: Never did you ever even say 'the best', I just implied that for some reason. But anyway, my post still applies.

The player with the most dedication, skill, and love for the game will be the best player. But as every other competitive fighting game has shown us, there's very rarely if ever ONE single BEST player. There's always a bunch of high level players and even a bunch of top players. Whoever wants it the most and has the skill and determination to back it up will reign supreme.

With that said, I'm aiming to be one of those players.
That's gonna be you and I! Imma try to go hard in this. Never been so pumped, esp since MK9 broke me into the FG lingo/deeper understanding, I have a better understanding on what to do now.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
No me.

Seriously you can't really know that until the game is kinda old, where people know most of the mechanics and there's decent competition. Worrying about this stuff is kinda pointless.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That's gonna be you and I! Imma try to go hard in this. Never been so pumped, esp since MK9 broke me into the FG lingo/deeper understanding, I have a better understanding on what to do now.
Like I'm wanting to go hard in Injustice too. But If I don't really love the game, which doesn't happen very often, I won't be motivated to play it all the time. There's only been a few games that I could play competitively or casually 24/7 and have a genuinely great time and I was very good at those games (Halo2, Gears, UMK3, CoD4). So technically UMK3 is the only fighter I enjoy enough to have become a top player in it, which I have.

We'll see. But based on what we have seen, I have high hopes. ;)

Like I've said even if the game isn't great, at least I can practice in the lab (ONLINE OR OFFLINE "still super pumped about this") until I become adept in the game. If Martian Manhunter is in then I definitely will be investing hella time in this game based on him as a character alone even if he's ass tier.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I am honestly not sure... my vote would go to either Top MK or Top Capcom players... still, no idea.

SLy

Noob
not if you live on the other side of the globe and there is no offline scene ....

I hope online will be better
You just gonna have to be a top player online until you are able to come down to the states and get that experience I guess..not a reason to give up

Like I'm wanting to go hard in Injustice too. But If I don't really love the game, which doesn't happen very often, I won't be motivated to play it all the time. There's only been a few games that I could play competitively or casually 24/7 and have a genuinely great time and I was very good at those games (Halo2, Gears, UMK3, CoD4). So technically UMK3 is the only fighter I enjoy enough to have become a top player in it, which I have.

We'll see. But based on what we have seen, I have high hopes. ;)
There's only been 2 games in my life time where I've loved them so much where I played them comp, (Gears of War) (which my dedication and input throughout the series got me in the friggin credits of G3) and WoW (although not in an insane server that plays 24/7 to kill bosses in the World, when I played my Mage was top 5 in my server).

I never really cared for gaming, something has to interest me REALLY much, and I felt, I fell behind on MK9 when I started getting into it, plus I was having IRL conflicts, and now I know about GGA too.

I really hope I like this game, I gotta get used to the SF mechanics tho!

Can't wait!!!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think it would be like asking who the top player would be in MK9 before it came out. The informed would have either said a top Capcom player or one of the top UMK3 players at the time, or Tom Brady because of his tournament experience and him being top in MKDC. A lot of the people at the time would have (and did) say REO because REO was still dominating tournaments back then in other MK games. Also people said Tom because he had so much time with the game before release, as well as him being a great FG player of course.

So with that in mind, people will probably say the same thing. 16bit apparently has had some time with the game, and is a great MK9 player. REO is good at any FG he's dedicated his time to, so he's a safe bet too. Really ANY top FG player in ANY game is a safe bet. But who would have said 16bit would be one of the top players in MK9 before it came out? What about Maxter, CDjr, Denzell, MIT, Pig, Detroit, Freevolver, Khaotic, etc before MK9 came out, who would have said these guys except people who knew them?

Point is that ANYONE can become a top player in any game they want, ESPECIALLY a brand new game that isn't a "sequel" or new version of another game. Injustice is a completely new game so it's 100% up in the air. Of course top FG players will be better in the beginning. But the game isn't over in the first quarter. ;)