What's new

Question Top 10 players. where do we stand post Dallas?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Your right, it's not really technical, just my opinion. But i would say if someone got top 8 at EVO 2012 or one of the mlg's then that's probably more impressive than multiple top 8's at these smaller tournaments. Also, Community loves you tom and your still a great commentator
This. Local tournaments that are so small that no one even recorded the matches don't mean shit compared to the competition at MLG, EVO etc.

You absolutely care to much and also arent seeing the opportunity

If i were you id go balls deep in hard at Nec and perform the most epic pop off ever
no, its that i dont care enough lol. its like I told you, not being able to compete at the MLG's have removed me from being considered a top player. at this point, there is absolutely nothing that will change it. hence, why care? place top at another major? is that strange for me? I have done this at 75% of the majors I have attended. Another top placing at a big major then pop off? what does this do? yes, its funny and entertaining, but it doesnt change anything. I am truely trying to get myself to actually care again, to get this competitive drive to win back, but the situation is what it is so at this point I am still kinda on the fence on competing.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
no, its that i dont care enough lol. its like I told you, not being able to compete at the MLG's have removed me from being considered a top player. at this point, there is absolutely nothing that will change it. hence, why care? place top at another major? is that strange for me? I have done this at 75% of the majors I have attended. Another top placing at a big major then pop off? what does this do? yes, its funny and entertaining, but it doesnt change anything. I am truely trying to get myself to actually care again, to get this competitive drive to win back, but the situation is what it is so at this point I am still kinda on the fence on competing.
I have some news for u that will tickle your nuts

If you place top 8 at nec you'll be back on the NFG list :)

This. Local tournaments that are so small that no one even recorded the matches don't mean shit compared to the competition at MLG, EVO etc.
I didnt say they did, but LBSH.. I have A LOT of top 8s at majors. I couldnt compete at MLG, which were 99% of the majors over the last 7 months. I didnt place top at MLG because I wasnt able to compete, not because I didnt deliver.

Tom Brady, dude if you place top 8 at NEC, FR etc. your gonna get MAJOR props and i guarantee you'll be in people's top 10 lists. Dont kid yourself man
again.. I hear this at EVERY major, and when I deliver you get a pop off aaaaaaannnddd.. nothing changes. This is different? no.

Look, i dont want to debate this, i was just saying that i am struggling with the desire to compete in MK9 and saying why.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I didnt say they did, but LBSH.. I have A LOT of top 8s at majors. I couldnt compete at MLG, which were 99% of the majors over the last 7 months. I didnt place top at MLG because I wasnt able to compete, not because I didnt deliver.
Sounds like it's time to renegotiate your contract :)

Pig Of The Hut

Tom Brady, dude if you place top 8 at NEC, FR etc. your gonna get MAJOR props and i guarantee you'll be in people's top 10 lists. Dont kid yourself man
Tom is a reverse psychological Fisherman

You invite him on a fishing boat trip in hopes to catch lots of trout, everyone (about 10 people ) on the boat has been catching trout for the past 8 months except tom. He wants the golden goose, he wants to land the big one. So he keeps complaining to the other fishermen on the boat talking about his days when he caught trout, sea bass, Hammerhead sharks, Whale and catfish with an aluminum hook/sinker which is an impossible 2-8 MU with ROD vs Fish but one day while out on the water complaining how he NEVER can catch some fish and people aren't giving him props for the fish he caught, cleaned and seared on the grill 1-2 years ago he feels a TUG

Then another TUG

So the other fishermen come around his side of the boat and offer their help but Tom is like

"NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO THIS IS MY F ING FISH, BACK TO YOUR SIDE OF THE CANOE"

He musters up enough steam to reel in the grandest, largest fish of them all and goes to the back on the boat and begins cutting his precious commodity

He eats for days, weeks and months off this one fish while the rest of fishermen suffer and perish due to starvation. Tom is the lone survivor on the boat and outlasts all other fishermen

Now theres a problem here, while on their fishing expedition The National geographic was tagging along so they could film this epic journey but months later at the conclusion of our trip the National geographic cameraman realized he never put in a tape to record to, this whole time he had been recording to nothing so no one will ever see his matches where he succeeded vs the other fish and fisherman

Pig Of The Hut

lol @ random fisherman analogy story. I liked this story, you should write more.
lol i wrote the first sentence and i was like " Yea i can work with this" kidna wrote it self and the whole time i was imagining scenes from "the perfect storm" and "Last of the Mohicans"

Art Killer B

[Mid-tier Humble-man]
As listed by NFG:

1. Perfect Legend
2. CDjr
3. DetroitBalln
4. REO aka the true mexican champion
5. Pig of the Hut
6. DJT
7. MIT
8. Maxter
9. Tyrant
10. 16-Bit

(I'm fine with that list, but I'll put Maxter 5th -at minimum-, Pig 6th {no hate Pig, just two juan and love :)} , and replace Tyrant for Dizzy.
Anyway, in order or not, all of them are top 8 material along with other players not listed)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
still have me too high lol.. if you really want to get technical, I have more top 8 placings then about 4 or 5 of the guys you had ahead of me combined. Just why most lists are LOL. most people dont even really know the body of work of the players they put on it.
Ok, just to straighten a few things:

1) Before you complain about what I'm about to say, we love you. I put this as #1 so you can't say everyone hates you. Or maybe you can say "everyone but crimsonshadow".

2) It's unfair to use a grouping of top8 placings outside of the past few months to justify a current top10 ranking. Why? Because the game has evolved, and the players have levelled up. What was sufficient to reach the top8 of a tournament 8 months ago, or even 4 months ago, with a certain character, may not be sufficient with the way things look following Anaheim, EVO, Raleigh and Dallas.

I mean lets be serious, it's becoming a tooth-and-nail fight for even people like PL and CDJr. to place top4 or top8 at certain tournaments, rather than a shoo-in. There are no guarantees.

This means that calling someone a current 'top10 player' means a lot, and you really need some current tourney evidence to support it.

3) All tournaments are not created equal. Top8 at say, TTT, and top8 at MLG are not quite the same. So you can take someone like Chris G who has a long historical record of high placings at a busload of diff. tournies (more than most people can claim), and still say with confidence that he probably doesn't belong in the same category as someone like 16bit who can consistently do well *currently* in the most difficult tournaments with the highest possible level of competition.

Anyway.. I mean to clarify rather than to rant. But you get the idea.

Tom is a reverse psychological Fisherman

You invite him on a fishing boat trip in hopes to catch lots of trout, everyone (about 10 people ) on the boat has been catching trout for the past 8 months except tom. He wants the golden goose, he wants to land the big one. So he keeps complaining to the other fishermen on the boat talking about his days when he caught trout, sea bass, Hammerhead sharks, Whale and catfish with an aluminum hook/sinker which is an impossible 2-8 MU with ROD vs Fish but one day while out on the water complaining how he NEVER can catch some fish and people aren't giving him props for the fish he caught, cleaned and seared on the grill 1-2 years ago he feels a TUG

Then another TUG

So the other fishermen come around his side of the boat and offer their help but Tom is like

"NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO THIS IS MY F ING FISH, BACK TO YOUR SIDE OF THE CANOE"

He musters up enough steam to reel in the grandest, largest fish of them all and goes to the back on the boat and begins cutting his precious commodity

He eats for days, weeks and months off this one fish while the rest of fishermen suffer and perish due to starvation. Tom is the lone survivor on the boat and outlasts all other fishermen

Now theres a problem here, while on their fishing expedition The National geographic was tagging along so they could film this epic journey but months later at the conclusion of our trip the National geographic cameraman realized he never put in a tape to record to, this whole time he had been recording to nothing so no one will ever see his matches where he succeeded vs the other fish and fisherman
see no pig... you are mistaken.

If you were to tell it right then it should be:

Tom says "ok, lets go". Tom catches the big fish now that he can fish again. Then everyone on the shore watching says "well, he still cant compete with the fisherman who have caught big fish in some of these larger bodies of water".

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Tom says "ok, lets go". Tom catches the big fish now that he can fish again. Then everyone on the shore watching says "well, he still cant compete with the fisherman who have caught big fish in some of these larger bodies of water".
Gross caught the biggest fish of them all in the DR.. But despite his talent we've still seen that not all ponds are alike :p

Pig Of The Hut

see no pig... you are mistaken.

If you were to tell it right then it should be:

I expect u to go fishing first weekend of December

HOOK

LINE

SINKER

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm confused by Tom Brady's assessment. If anyone knows this community picks a flavor of the month it's him. If he were to place top 8 at NEC he would be a flavor of the month and be mentioned all over the place. It's how this community is I've learned.