What's new

Question Top 10 players. where do we stand post Dallas?

and in reality, the SS tier of players in MK9 really extends to the top 15 players. This is why we see a lot of the guys in this top 10 list miss top 8 at events.

another thing, there are guys on this "top 10 list" that havent placed top 8 since march at a major until MLG Dallas.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I've only been outside the top 3 twice as well ;)

But

1. REO
2. CD JR
3. PL
4. Tom Brady
5. Pig
6. Mustard
7. Detroit
8. Dizzy
9. 16 Bit
10. Dunno, maybe Curb.

But out of any player I've ever played, Tom Brady would be my #1, if he didnt use SZ. Easily the smartest player I've faught.
Yeeeeees the only person who voted for me!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
1. Foxy Grampa - his recent win over the two time MLG champion proves he's in the top 3 if not the best in the world
2. Tom Brady - unfortunately he can't participate in the MLG tournaments, but despite his loss to Chris G at CEO i believe he will come back to take NEC
3. Curbolicous - coming back from being put into losers early by Forever King was a HUGE accomplishment. i can't wait to see how he does at Anaheim and will not be surprised if he makes it to grand finals
4. KT Smith - undoubtedly the smoke of america at this point, KT Smith has a new faceplate for his arcade stick that will suck the life out of his opponents
5. Shujinkydink - after a dominant 3-0 performance over WoundCowboy in the online tournament, Dink is a dark horse in this race who has the ability to crush any opponent
6. Kevo Da Man - the only Kabal to not yet fall to a Kitana player, Kevo is a consistent tournament placer and can make any top 8 with his homeboys close behind him
7. Big D - the only player to beat CD Jr in tournament, Big D's recent 1st place finish at MLG Dallas proves that he's on the top of current MK9 tournament play, but he needs to leave Florida at some point to show his worth against other top players
8. Trepound - After an incredible 3-0 finish against 16bit at Evo, Trepound shows he is a true princess and any lack of inclusion is a clear mistake
9. Me
10. REO - despite being washed up, REO's second place Evo placement will remain in our hearts forever and we can only hope to see him take home the gold at some point in the future

coolwhip

Noob
1. Foxy Grampa - his recent win over the two time MLG champion proves he's in the top 3 if not the best in the world
2. Tom Brady - unfortunately he can't participate in the MLG tournaments, but despite his loss to Chris G at CEO i believe he will come back to take NEC
3. Curbolicous - coming back from being put into losers early by Forever King was a HUGE accomplishment. i can't wait to see how he does at Anaheim and will not be surprised if he makes it to grand finals
4. KT Smith - undoubtedly the smoke of america at this point, KT Smith has a new faceplate for his arcade stick that will suck the life out of his opponents
5. Shujinkydink - after a dominant 3-0 performance over WoundCowboy in the online tournament, Dink is a dark horse in this race who has the ability to crush any opponent
6. Kevo Da Man - the only Kabal to not yet fall to a Kitana player, Kevo is a consistent tournament placer and can make any top 8 with his homeboys close behind him
7. Big D - the only player to beat CD Jr in tournament, Big D's recent 1st place finish at MLG Dallas proves that he's on the top of current MK9 tournament play, but he needs to leave Florida at some point to show his worth against other top players
8. Trepound - After an incredible 3-0 finish against 16bit at Evo, Trepound shows he is a true princess and any lack of inclusion is a clear mistake
9. Me
10. REO - despite being washed up, REO's second place Evo placement will remain in our hearts forever and we can only hope to see him take home the gold at some point in the future
This list loses credibility for not having Chris G on it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Why do we have such a need to find ourselves people to look up on or down on?
I respect everybody who can lose with a smile and win with a good attitude, regardless whether they make a living out of winning mk9 matches or not.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Reo you won MLG 2 times back to back..as for right now you're top 1. Evo was last year and after that you've improve your game and PL stop practicing mk.This thread about right now and not last year. Perfect legend will probably win evo again if he get serious and starts practicing mk instead of DOA.
Evo was this year and last year.

Flagg

Noob
Slips, 16 Bit, Tyrant and Dizzy need to be mentioned, due to placing high with character loyalty alone. They dont need broken shit to place high. Big props for that.

Detroit and MIT need mentions for the huge array of characters they can play at high level.

Perfect Legend and REO for obvious reasons.

F0xy and Mustard for being the best British players i've ever played against.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
9. Me
You lose even more credibility for mentioning online.
rev0lver pls.

Gimmick

Noob
Just for fun, this is my top 20 all time of the game's whole lifespan

1.REO
2.Perfect Legend
3.CDJR
4.DetroitBalln
5.Pig
6.Maxter
7.16 Bit
8.DJT
9.Dizzy
10.Crazy Dominican
11.MIT
12.Tyrant
13.m2dave
14.sawnik fox
15.Forever King
16.KevoDaMan
17.Curbolicous
18.Chris G
19.Tom Brady
20 Krayzie

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just for fun, this is my top 20 all time of the game's whole lifespan

1.REO
2.Perfect Legend
3.CDJR
4.DetroitBalln
5.Pig
6.Maxter
7.16 Bit
8.DJT
9.Dizzy
10.Crazy Dominican
11.MIT
12.Tyrant
13.m2dave
14.sawnik fox
15.Forever King
16.KevoDaMan
17.Curbolicous
18.Chris G
19.Tom Brady
20 Krayzie
Tom is about to go nuts lol

i dont mean to disrespect the guy, i just believe that everyone i placed higher than him have more impressive accomplishments. I know brady is gonna rage lol but he is still one of my favorite players to watch!
hes definitely top 5 in commentators tho
still have me too high lol.. if you really want to get technical, I have more top 8 placings then about 4 or 5 of the guys you had ahead of me combined. Just why most lists are LOL. most people dont even really know the body of work of the players they put on it.

also, comments like this are like saying "Tom is my favourite circus clown, not really that good but I love to watch him anyway. ohh.. but hes good when he commentates the circus shows though". My not being considered a top player is what it is and its not that that bothers me. It when guys like pig try to tell me how crazy I am for thinking this when people around here echo it every day.

Lists are just that, my only point is that NEC, FR, etc.. will come and go and nothing will change no matter what the results are. For those who did not or could not compete at MLG, you will eternally be considered just outside of the bubble by the community, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change it.Thats what kinda kills the competitive drive.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
still have me too high lol.. if you really want to get technical, I have more top 8 placings then about 4 or 5 of the guys you had ahead of me combined. Just why most lists are LOL. most people dont even really know the body of work of the players they put on it.

also, comments like this are like saying "Tom is my favourite circus clown, not really that good but I love to watch him anyway. ohh.. but hes good when he commentates the circus shows though". My not being considered a top player is what it is and its not that that bothers me. It when guys like pig try to tell me how crazy I am for thinking this when people around here echo it every day.

Lists are just that, my only point is that NEC, FR, etc.. will come and go and nothing will change no matter what the results are. For those who did not or could not compete at MLG, you will eternally be considered just outside of the bubble by the community, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change it.Thats what kinda kills the competitive drive.
You absolutely care to much and also arent seeing the opportunity

If i were you id go balls deep in hard at Nec and perform the most epic pop off ever

Gimmick

Noob
Your right, it's not really technical, just my opinion. But i would say if someone got top 8 at EVO 2012 or one of the mlg's then that's probably more impressive than multiple top 8's at these smaller tournaments. Also, Community loves you tom and your still a great commentator