What's new

[Tier List] Pig of The Hut Official Living Tier List

virtiqaL

Noob
Scorpion is far more annoying than Sonya.
Ugh, wat.

I suppose maybe an on-point Hellfire Scorp player could potentially be more annoying, but I don't understand the people having problems against Ninjutsu and Inferno Scorps, I think those two variants have been largely figured out by now.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Ugh, wat.

I suppose maybe an on-point Hellfire Scorp player could potentially be more annoying, but I don't understand the people having problems against Ninjutsu and Inferno Scorps, I think those two variants have been largely figured out by now.
If you're on psn can you body me with scorpion until I figure it out? Lol I would love the practice so I can body online scorpion players.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Ugh, wat.

No I was definitely referring to Hellfire.

Snaaaake

Noob
Ranking a tier list by just the character w/ 3 different variations is just silly. Don't matter if your a top player, first time MK player or even a NRS employee.....tier lists this early is ridiculous.
As time goes on people can make more elaborate tier lists. This is just some early discussion about how good each character supposedly is in their (apparently) strongest variation. Saying that it is ridiculous is a bit too strong IMO, can't really see what's wrong with it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
As time goes on people can make more elaborate tier lists. This is just some early discussion about how good each character supposedly is in their (apparently) strongest variation. Saying that it is ridiculous is a bit too strong IMO, can't really see what's wrong with it.
I just don't get why this discussion needs to be forced at this point, especially when the DLC cycle has just begun. It's completely un-necessary imo. Just play & figure the game out first! :coffee:

There is 78 characters in this game w/ at least 9 more on the way over the summer.

Last edited:

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Vicious and ruthless share all the Ferra moves but boss toss, and Lackey is quite safe too, more so than you'd think.
Do you think one could argue lackey is his best variation? Just curious it seems like one could argue vicious just as easily just curious what everyone else thinks

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Surely Kenshi is better than Kitana?

I love that there (at the moment) a huge lump of characters in the middle that still seem really strong. Ermac too high?

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Surely Kenshi is better than Kitana?

I love that there (at the moment) a huge lump of characters in the middle that still seem really strong. Ermac too high?
Ermac is actually really good. High meterless damage, good mix-ups, a strong vortex, and a great projectile (in Master of Souls) that means he gets a full combo from every trade. Definitely a very strong character. I've seen SonicFox use him (even today at combo breaker) and Bread has been doing consistently well with him in the ESL league, but other than that he seems pretty slept on.

SEV

Noob
Depending on how they balance this game, tier lists almost seem irrelevant. There's about 8-10 characters that would sit at S tier conventionally, then another similar number in A tier, and it really seems like the worst characters would be considered B tier in other games. The characters that seem to be considered bad so far, don't seem bad in my opinion, they just can't open you up as easily as some of the other, better characters.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I guess this tier list is just for fun but, I think it's way too early for this. I think it also should go by variation not just the character.

This most likely will all change however, when all the DLC comes out and the next patch.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
I would say Kano seems a little low on the list but than again this is a living tier list and pig probably knows way better than me, still trying to figure out if cyber is better than cutthroat though.

Hey guys I was watching The Combo Breaker Salty Suite and at the 03:02:00 minute mark Pig of the Hut shares his Living Tier List now like he said this is a Living Tier List which means it is susceptible to change but now without further ado here is the list:

Top 5: Raiden, Quan chi, Sonya, D'Vorah, Scorpion

6 Through 10: Jax, Cassie, Erron Black, Kung Jin, Sub Zero

The Rest: Ermac, Ferra Tor, Mileena, Kung Lao*, Shinnok, Jacquie, Reptile, Kano, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang*,
Goro*, Takeda, Kotal Khan, Kitana, Kenshi

Now a couple more notes about the List:
First the list is ordered, meaning that Raiden is positioned higher than Quan Chi unlike some other Tier List, second like Pig said the Top 10 are the ones he feel more confident about while the rest he feels can change more easily specifically those marked with a " * " mark.

If you want to check it for yourself I will link the stream here, again at the 03:02:00 minute mark he obviously also goes a little more in depth there.

Anyways this List is what it is, a personal List made by a Pro one month into the game which like he said will definitely change over time however I think that it is a Legit "Sketch".

Edit: I didn't know exactly where to create this thread I though for sure there was a "Meta" Section but i couldn´t find it so i created it here

@Pig Of The Hut

Imo post patch quan won't be on the same levelwith chars like marksman erron black, hellfire cuntvorah( venomous was the biggest buffed var. in the reason patch because it was trash due to is now it's a living hell) spec opsCassie, jumpJin, raiden, sub, dragons fire, hw(some1 frame data) and wrestler jax, and sonya now that his broken bat is Nerfed.

Tempest lao is so much safer and less meter dependent now. I think it looks strong.

Quan gas meter dependent footsies, and no wake up. His zoning no longer is op.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Kotal Kahn's blood god variation.
This. He has no mixups or resets in a game that almost relies on them, very few combos, two nearly useless moves (sun ray and vampire totem), and even though his footsies are good, he can't really capitalize off them. Does he have the best damage in the game? Yup, but it requires careful setups and throwing out some really unsafe stuff. His parry would be good if it didn't require you to memorize basically every string in the game. Add a slow projectile on top of all that and you have a near-useless character at top level play. Fun to play online though.