What's new

[Tier List] Pig of The Hut Official Living Tier List

Hey guys I was watching The Combo Breaker Salty Suite and at the 03:02:00 minute mark Pig of the Hut shares his Living Tier List now like he said this is a Living Tier List which means it is susceptible to change but now without further ado here is the list:

Top 5: Raiden, Quan chi, Sonya, D'Vorah, Scorpion

6 Through 10: Jax, Cassie, Erron Black, Kung Jin, Sub Zero

The Rest: Ermac, Ferra Tor, Mileena, Kung Lao*, Shinnok, Jacquie, Reptile, Kano, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang*,
Goro*, Takeda, Kotal Khan, Kitana, Kenshi

Now a couple more notes about the List:
First the list is ordered, meaning that Raiden is positioned higher than Quan Chi unlike some other Tier List, second like Pig said the Top 10 are the ones he feel more confident about while the rest he feels can change more easily specifically those marked with a " * " mark.

If you want to check it for yourself I will link the stream here, again at the 03:02:00 minute mark he obviously also goes a little more in depth there.

Anyways this List is what it is, a personal List made by a Pro one month into the game which like he said will definitely change over time however I think that it is a Legit "Sketch".

Edit: I didn't know exactly where to create this thread I though for sure there was a "Meta" Section but i couldn´t find it so i created it here

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hey guys I was watching The Combo Breaker Salty Suite and at the 03:02:00 minute mark Pig of the Hut shares his Living Tier List now like he said this is a Living Tier List which means it is susceptible to change but now without further ado here is the list:

Top 5: Raiden, Quan chi, Sonya, D'Vorah, Scorpion

6 Through 10: Jax, Cassie, Erron Black, Kung Jin, Sub Zero

The Rest: Ermac, Ferra Tor, Mileena, Kung Lao*, Shinnok, Jacquie, Reptile, Kano, Johnny Cage, Liu Kang*,
Goro*, Takeda, Kotal Khan, Kitana, Kenshi
Well, if he only knew. Waiting on a certain someone I know to prove this list wrong.

Buff Reptile. Bottom 10 confirmed
Like Pig said this isn't really a bottom, all the "bottom" characters are fairly "Fair" it is just the others ones who have something that makes them better, also a personal tier list doesn't justify a buff or a nerf ;)

I can't argue with the majority of his picks for top 10, however I would swap Sonya with Kung Jin. I dunno, maybe I just haven't seen enough high level Sonya.
Sonya can be really tricky also Pig says he believes that Kung Jin's strongest variations are Shaolin and Ancestral

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Erron Black better than Kung Jin? Ha ha ha ha! You guys need to stop looking at Sonic Fox and look more at the frame data, you're welcome.

I don't know anything about Ferra/Torr, and I don't think they're so good. They look very punishable, and slow.

And Kenshi the worst character in the game?! No wonder Pig made the list.

The top 5 looks consistent. I don't know anything about D'Vorah, but the rest are kicking asses like crazy.

Cassie and Jax look very good, as well.

Edit: Forget about the Ferra/Torr part. They're safe, and have decent start-up.

Last edited:

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I love that somebody had the fucking balls to finally make a tier list. The point of a tier list is not to be perfect, a tier list will NEVER be perfect. The point of a tier list is to get the ball rolling. Thank you @Pig Of The Hut.

Raiden, quan chi, scorpion, and kung jin are just dumb characters. Sonya's high lows are just fast and hard to block in the heat of a match, but her offense is pretty straightforward and she doesn't have an armored launcher.

Let's not start getting butthurt at an early tier list. It's "living" for a reason. Man I can't wait for CB and EVO results...
inb4 CDSR will bring out Kitana and prove us all wrong.
I love that somebody had the fucking balls to finally make a tier list. The point of a tier list is not to be perfect, a tier list will NEVER be perfect. The point of a tier list is to get the ball rolling. Thank you @Pig Of The Hut.

Raiden, quan chi, scorpion, and kung jin are just dumb characters. Sonya's high lows are just fast and hard to block in the heat of a match, but her offense is pretty straightforward and she doesn't have an armored launcher.
Exactly I couldn't have put it better

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Erron Black better than Kung Jin? Ha ha ha ha! You guys need to stop looking at Sonic Fox and look more at the frame data, you're welcome.

I don't know anything about Ferra/Torr, and I don't think they're so good. They look very punishable, and slow.

And Kenshi the worst character in the game?! No wonder Pig made the list.

The top 5 looks consistent. I don't know anything about D'Vorah, but the rest are kicking asses like crazy.

Cassie and Jax look very good, as well.
Kung Jin is super fine after the nerf...complaining about him is not cool anymore.
He is negative on block after everything except MB arrows, 1, and d3...doesn't really have any kind of pressure but is a good whiff punisher and footsies character. His damage is fine too, I don't see why he should get nerfed again.

* You tell us to look at the frame data and then say that Ferra-Torr is very punishable, that's just funny. lol

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Kung Jin is super fine after the nerf...complaining about him is not cool anymore.
He is negative on block after everything except MB arrows, 1, and d3...doesn't really have any kind of pressure but is a good whiff punisher and footsies character. His damage is fine too, I don't see why he should get nerfed again.
I'd say people can complain all they want about a character with a half screen 50/50 that is safe, and that's ignoring the fact that his jumping attacks are just as stupid.

They made him less "herp derp" but he's still one of the best in the game who out-footsies everybody with no effort, easy as hell to use, and extremely anti-hype.

Last edited:

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?

* You tell us to look at the frame data and then say that Ferra-Torr is very punishable, that's just funny. lol
I didn't complain about Kung Jin! I'm just saying he's still very good, and probably better than Erron. I already said I don't know anything about Ferra/Torr, that's why I said "they look". If you tell me they're not punishable, I'll check it, maybe they're not and you're right.