What's new

The TYM "What are you listening to?" Thread

Error

DF2+R2
I don't think they'll ever top Tara, but new Absu does rule.

Best thing about metal is the sheer number of great bands that exist.
Dumbest thing about metal is the retarded names that bands use to describe the style of music they play. Case in point, Absu don't play black/thrash, it's Mythological Occult Metal. Liturgy isn't just black metal, it's Transcendental Black Metal. And the band I'm listening to now isn't just doom or even funeral doom. Nope, not good enough. It's Nautik Funeral Doom. Enough is enough.
Gotta love genre-nazism, me and my friends are always making up random metal genre names for lulz, and the sad thing is, they usually already exist.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Gotta love genre-nazism
Dumbest thing about metal is the retarded names that bands use to describe the style of music they play. Case in point, Absu don't play black/thrash, it's Mythological Occult Metal. Liturgy isn't just black metal, it's Transcendental Black Metal. And the band I'm listening to now isn't just doom or even funeral doom. Nope, not good enough. It's Nautik Funeral Doom. Enough is enough.
1% of the genres has 99% of the sub-genres. Occupy Metal.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Playing Maryland Deathfest this year, will be amazing.
I'm still on the fence about it. I went in 2010 and it was fun. But all that's on the list I'm interested in (who I haven't already seen) is Agalloch, Negura Bunget, and Ulcerate.

Also,

Bobzilla

Noob
I'm still on the fence about it. I went in 2010 and it was fun. But all that's on the list I'm interested in (who I haven't already seen) is Agalloch, Negura Bunget, and Ulcerate.
Agalloch is playing Thursday, which is already sold out. I don't think Thursday has ever sold out this fast. Sucks, because I hadn't bought my pass yet. I did see Agalloch play once, and they were absolutely amazing. Are you familiar with all the bands that are playing or have you seen most of them before? Both Ghoul and Haemorrhage are playing, which are two of the four most fun bands to see at MDF (the other two are Impaled and Birdflesh). As for the bands I haven't seen before that I'm looking forward to seeing are Negura Bunget, Demigod, Morgion, Castevet, Tsjuder, Confessor, Winter, Horna, Noothgrush, Looking For An Answer, Electric Wizard, Dødheimsgard, YOB, Sargeist, Church Of Misery, Ulcerate, Coke Bust, and Nasum (seems weird though).​

One of my favorite MDF performances was from these guys:
Don't know if anyone will top that this year though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
yeah i know most of the bands. not a big fan of ghoul or haemmorhage tbh. i've already seen some of the others i like, like napalm death, dying fetus, autopsy, and eyehategod.

Bobzilla

Noob
yeah i know most of the bands. not a big fan of ghoul or haemmorhage tbh. i've already seen some of the others i like, like napalm death, dying fetus, autopsy, and eyehategod.
Dying Fetus, Autopsy, and Eyehategod are also playing on Thursday. I hope I can get a 4-day pass from someone selling it in April or May, 'cause that Thursday show in going to be insane.

Bobzilla

Noob
My thoughts:

1. Who the hell is Rob Sharpe?
2. The vocals were the best thing about that song. Maybe more tough-guy hardcore bands should get eight-year old Australian girls to be their vocalists.
3. I need to listen to some real hardcore.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Fuck, man. Tsjuder's going to be at MDF? Damn...only black metal band I genuinely like anymore. Those guys are MEAN.

Autopsy, Ghoul, Macabre, Hemorrhage, DF, ND, Suffo, Electric Wizard....god damn it. Maryland isn't that far but I'm not going to make it this year which sucks because this line up would really make me happy.

Also, I want to be there to chuck bottles of urine at Evil Douchebag. Get some piss stains on his rubber pentagrams and his soul patch.

AGHHH! If any of you guys go, at least throw bottles of piss at him for me, I mean..he deserves it. Bonus points if you get it in his insANUS.

Bobzilla Portal is just Immolation played backwards! Anything Lovecraft related is automatically awesome, though. :p

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

Something about this song just makes you want to drive down a desolate highway at 300mph. Being an adult now, and owning a subwoofer, has made this song monumentally better. Why the sudden urge of 90s nostalgia? I have no idea.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Why the sudden urge of 90s nostalgia? I have no idea.
Because the 90's was perhaps one of the best music eras ever. But this is coming from someone who grew up in the 90's lol

Also, the music nowadays is garbage compared to 90's music. No question.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

Ive been arguing with people all day in the office because the boss isnt here and they think my headphones are too loud.

Good song to chill out on a friday afternoon though!