What's new

Discussion The TYM Group Therapy Session (re-opened for new patch)

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
With all this negativity going on I thought this thread was long over due. I understand then many of you are struggling with this game so I ask you, Why? Do you feel like Paulo betrayed you, was a love one of yours overnerfed, did your girlfriend cheat on you with alien, do you have family members currently suffering from post traumatic stress disorder after they survived an encounter with b1, do you feel like the ladies always put there hurtbox just outside of your grasp. I know I personal went through a hard time when I heard rumors that someone I hold very near and dear to my heart had been murdered. I didn't believe it at first but at last there I was watching the love of my life receiving a fatal kiss from that (I'm sorry, give me a minute this is really hard for me to say :() bug that my therapist has suggested that I don't refer to by her name. But I managed to stay strong and I feel like through the experience only brought us closer together. So I hope you guys can all use this thread to help you come to peace with this game flaws learn to appreciate what great things it brought us all.

Update: this is a new era for our game which means a new era of therapy. so sit down and let's talk some therapy

Last edited:

Baconlord

Hi everybody my name is boba ,
I have a bad case of salt.
Paulo touched me on the smoke bomb...
I haven't been able to fully recover , the first step was denial , I kept f4d1'ing after but it's just not the same....
But I'm pasted that now and trying to get better , thanks everyone.
sometimes we don't know how good we got until we lose it. you're very brave for sharing this with us and know that you're not the only one going through this.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Hi everyone my name is Nero,
I used to be happy when jumping like an idiot was fundamentally wrong..
When no one could pull that on me without getting punished in mk9..
Where AA were universally strong..
Things were fun and casuals were forced to improve and step up their game in the right direction..
but then mkx got released..
and am not happy or having fun anymore.

Baconlord

Hi everyone my name is Nero,
I used to be happy when jumping like an idiot was fundamentally wrong..
When no one could pull that on me without getting punished in mk9..
Where AA were universally strong..
Things were fun and casuals were forced to improve and step up their game in the right direction..
but then mkx got released..
and am not happy or having fun anymore.
just a reminder that sometimes you feel like life doesn't give you the tools to succeed but sometimes if you dig deep and give it your all you'll find away to overcome it. and there is no better feeling then accomplishing what a week ago was the impossible.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Hi, my name is Dankster
Guys.. This is really hard... But I'm gonna come out and say it. I can't hold it in any longer. Paulo made my ice Klone go away on block. It didn't deserve it, he never wanted to hurt anyone. He just likes to stand there, and everyone just runs into him and shatters his hopes and dreams. The ice Klone just wanted to be friends with everyone, and people wanted to find more ways to get rid of it :(

Baconlord

Hi, my name is Dankster
Guys.. This is really hard... But I'm gonna come out and say it. I can't hold it in any longer. Paulo made my ice Klone go away on block. It didn't deserve it, he never wanted to hurt anyone. He just likes to stand there, and everyone just runs into him and shatters his hopes and dreams. The ice Klone just wanted to be friends with everyone, and people wanted to find more ways to get rid of it :(
be strong. the ice klone won't always be there to protect you. instead of mourning his loss use his sacrifice to inspire yourself to be stronger.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
be strong. the ice klone won't always be there to protect you. instead of mourning his loss use his sacrifice to inspire yourself to be stronger.
It's just sometimes I feel like our relationship is all give and no take. I really try to put him out there and the Klone just abandons me when I'm at a disadvantage(or feeling "pressured"). He only seems to want to show up when things are going my way.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Hi, my name is God Confirm.

I've been struggling to deal with deepset anxiety and depression ever since Paulo "normalised" Cyber Sub Zero. I'd just finished refining all my corner tech, I slept soundly that night in pure bliss, but when I woke up the next day, all my setups could be poked out of! I was rocked to the core. I can't recall whether I felt the Divekick scaling or the drone summon scaling first, but at this point I had been permanently traumatised.

If I could look my abuser in the eyes today and ask him anything, I'd have just one question: Why Paulo? "I understand the primal desire that you were overcome by, and the pleasure that these changes brought you at the time, but I need to know - WHY did you have to nerf Iceball startup frames while doing it?!"

Last edited:

Baconlord

Hi, my name is usedcar
I have PTSD from rekkas.
Its been many months since tanya was nerfed, but i still have nightmares about "tink tink tink". Its gotten to the point where i cant eat with silverwear anymore.
What do?
I want you to always remember theses times because they will make you stronger. and whenever you feel like giving up I want you to remember that you're still alive. if you ever need hope in life remember this time and know that you overcame it.

Baconlord

Hi, my name is God Confirm.

I've been struggling to deal with deepest anxiety and depression ever since Paulo "normalised" Cyber Sub Zero. I'd just finished refining all my corner tech, I slept soundly that night in pure bliss, but when I woke up the next day, all my setups could be poked out of! I was rocked to the core. I can't recall whether I felt the Divekick scaling or the drone summon scaling first, but at this point I had been permanently traumatised.

If I could look my abuser in the eyes today and ask him anything, I'd have just one question: Why Paulo? "I understand the primal desire that you were overcome by, and the pleasure that these changes brought you at the time, but I need to know - WHY did you have to nerf Iceball startup frames while doing it?!"
I want you to imagine that you are on a path, and at the end of the path you see your friend. now I want you to imagine yourself walking on this path but a man throws a rock at you and causes you to trip. now I want you to ask yourself this question. Do You Get Back Up?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I put mkx back on for the first time since pre tremor last night. I realized our time apart had caused an eating disorder of sorts. There was so much more there, things I'd never seen before. And the XL tags all over made me consider calling a therapist. After a few moments I realized I was the one that needed therapy. I had become what I hate; a salty scrub that can't beat a 3 hit string into mashed uppercuts. I'm hoping spending a little more time with her will improve our relationship and I can fully take in her figure, plus size and all.

Noob
Hi I'm 21122
I don't know what it feels like having a good mid
No matter what I do or how plus I am, I get beaten out by D1s
It has given me anxiety and I shit my pants thinking if I should push a button when I'm plus on block
I used to be a feared string with my tick throw mix-ups
People complained, cried, and feared me
I felt amazing
But Paulo has stripped that from me left me out to dry.

Baconlord

I put mkx back on for the first time since pre tremor last night. I realized our time apart had caused an eating disorder of sorts. There was so much more there, things I'd never seen before. And the XL tags all over made me consider calling a therapist. After a few moments I realized I was the one that needed therapy. I had become what I hate; a salty scrub that can't beat a 3 hit string into mashed uppercuts. I'm hoping spending a little more time with her will improve our relationship and I can fully take in her figure, plus size and all.
life is like a cycle. there are ups and downs but ultimately the cycle will always repeat. so when your traveling through the bad times just know that there will always be good times waiting for you.