What's new

Discussion The TYM Group Therapy Session (re-opened for new patch)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
My name is Scott, and I am the 2016 Evo Champion and I don't know how to deal with all of my success. I'm just too famous and too... Awesome. Y'know?

Of course you don't know. Nobody does.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Hi my name is Eddy Wang

I've yet to have fun in MKX, all because Lord Paulo and NRS betrayed the Skarlet community and didn't include her in the roster, all the time i've been dealing with fullscreen advancing strings, overpowered jump ins that are plus on block, d1 that low profile highs, are safe on block and can be mashed out, laughable backdashes, hard to blockables, d'vorah, to name a few...

Among everything else, found a drip of Fun in Hat Trick, but when we found out what his real problems were, we were ignored twice by lord paulo and the balancing crew, and to make it worse, our drip of fun was ripped by applying stealth nerfs to an already bad character, my playstyle in this game is dead, its not even the strongest and there isn't a single character with that style of play that i actually enjoy playing, i keep playing because everyone enjoys playing against me, but i don't find it fun anymore.:(
Paulo's not ignoring you, he's believing in you. he knows how strong you are what you're capable of and judging by your post it looks like your friends know that too.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Hi my name is Linkuei82,
First time here. I was recommended this group from my Therapist. For the past year I've haven't had any sleep.
Every time I try and close my eyes, all I see is 50/50's. I wake up in the middle of the night plague with nightmares of if
I will guess right or wrong. It still haunts me to this day to the point I just don't sleep anymore. I just want to be able
to sleep again...

Baconlord

Hi my name is Yoloroll1sthit
I love 50/50s and setplay people to death. I don't know why people hate 50/50 so much, when it's not even the biggest problem in MKX.
you can't let others hatred ruin your happiness. you can listen to what others say, you can learn from what others say, but don't let what others say change you. stay gold ponyboy

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Hi everyone, My name is VSC_Supreme and I have a huge gambling problem.
My opponents will play 50/50 characters and I'll sit there guessing, placing a bet on whether it will be an overhead or a low.
Sometimes I can't help but bet on the overhead only... You know when you win, you get that full combo punish... there's a surge of adrenaline...
And I can't help but bet on the jump ins... I always think "This time my AA will work!" but it doesn't... the scrub gets the hit on me...

The wrong guesses just cause me to consume so much salt... the doctor says I need to lower my sodium intake, but i can't.
When I'm high off this salt and adrenaline, i start dropping combos, My B14 airgrab becomes B1 Sunray, leading to a combo punish and even more salt consumption...

The worst part of it all... I kind of like it.

Tweedy

Noob
Hello, my name is Tweedy.

I'm a shameless tier whore that played Kung Lao, Tanya and Kotal Khan on the side. After Paulo flexed his muscles on March first I was only left with Kotal Khan. With the fear of Alien being ruined due to how ridiculous his medium delay rekkas were, I didn't put too much time into him.

Thankfully there was a hotfix that nerfed my beloved perfect organism, while leaving him very strong. There's a lot of propaganda going on, people posting that Alien should be banned because he has a hitbox that is almost as bad as every female's. I fear that Alien is not as good as everyone thinks, and that if he receives another batch of nerfs, he won't even be as good as my current main, Kotal Khan.

People just don't understand. They tell me that my 7% low is cheap, but they don't understand that if it's blocked, I eat 35%. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RISKS THAT I TAKE. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BAD MY METERLESS DAMAGE IS. TYM DOESNT CARE IF KANO IS ALWAYS SAFE OR PLUS OFF OF LAUNCHING 50/50s AND IM UNSAFE WHEN GOING FOR ANYTHING BESIDES A 7% OVERHEAD. ITS ALL THE SAME TO THEM. THEY'RE ALWAYS GOING TO BE AGAINST WHATEVER DRAGON IS WINNING WITH.

*continues huge breakdown*

I'm gonna go get me a deepdish.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
What I have to do>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How I feel about it

Baconlord

Hi my name is exflyingbooty

Jumps in this game anger me so much, especially when i have to read jump outs from +3 :(
sometimes anger pushes us to work that much harder because remember, there is no better feeling then doing what others (including yourself) say you can't do

Baconlord

Hi everyone.
My name is Kano. And I have this cutthroat variation. After the last patch I got safe 50/50, great damage output, great safe almost fullscreen special, safe armor. I feel overall great. I have no problems at all. Just here to brag. :DOGE
and you should be proud of what you have because you can't live your life worrying about the people that hate you because that can prevent you from cherishing the people that love you.

Baconlord

Hi, I'm Sunny and... I have never eaten a fish before.

a fish is a lot like life. it swims through the ocean of life and sometimes it swims at the top of the water and sometimes it swims at the bottom but no matter what it always keeps swimming forward

Baconlord

Hi everyone, I'm DDutchguy and I'm bad at this game. Since launch I have been playing this game, using a multitude of characters that were initially not Raiden. I jumped back and forth between Johnny Cage, Quan Chi, Liu Kang and Sub-Zero. Of course I couldn't keep these one night stands up forever and found a healthy, stable relationship with Raiden of Earthrealm.

Because of this tough start however, there is still tention between me and Raiden. As we have not had this relationship for long yet, we still struggle with landing combos, run canceling in the neutral and sometimes I feel as if Raiden is unhappy and does not allow my B1 to convert into a full combo.

Now that I mention B1, he has helped us through a lot of tough times. Downpoking Ermacs, online Scorpions and Poketal Kahn players we have shut out of our lives because 8-frame B1 helped us. Even still though, the neutral ground to our relationship does not have a strong foundation yet and B2 is still unsafe on block. In general, we do not have the skills to beat 90% of online warriors in ranked and me and Raiden often get insulted by those who beat us, with unavailable game sessions and B3~Low Minion.

Sharing this has already helped me, thank you.
don't worry about your journey, just be grateful you reached your destination.

Baconlord

Hello, my name is StevenA and my problem is that I have no time to play MKXL.
time is valuable to all of us. it's the one currency that we can never gain and only lose. so ask yourself this, are you wasting time in an attempt to gain more, or are you celebrating in the time you have

Baconlord

Hello Baconlord, my name is Strykie, but you probably already knew that.

I feel as if I have been on a downward spiral since the last UK major, Hypespotting V, last month. I narrowly missed out on top 16 after being inexplicably eliminated by Nausea's Spectral Ermac 3-2, having beaten him in winners 3-0 earlier in the tournament.

As such, I have also not felt compelled to enter ESL after losing to controversial circumstances.

The people who I played with offline to keep improving are no longer available for regular sessions, and anyone else I could play with offline aren't at a level where I can continue to do this.

What do?
when the people around you fall you need to help them back up because one day you can be on top of the world and the next day it can be on top of you.

Baconlord

hi, my name is azarath and i need raven back ASAP. mkx makes me more sick than gowj
please remember that you're not along. I miss raven as well but we can't spend our time disappointed that we are not in the future because then we will lose sight of the great things in the present.

Baconlord

Hi my name is Linkuei82,
First time here. I was recommended this group from my Therapist. For the past year I've haven't had any sleep.
Every time I try and close my eyes, all I see is 50/50's. I wake up in the middle of the night plague with nightmares of if
I will guess right or wrong. It still haunts me to this day to the point I just don't sleep anymore. I just want to be able
to sleep again...
remember that every time you guess wrong in life someone else guessed right and it might not always be your turn, but when it is you need to make the most of it. so sleep well knowing your struggle helped another man dream while he slept.

Baconlord

Hi everyone, My name is VSC_Supreme and I have a huge gambling problem.
My opponents will play 50/50 characters and I'll sit there guessing, placing a bet on whether it will be an overhead or a low.
Sometimes I can't help but bet on the overhead only... You know when you win, you get that full combo punish... there's a surge of adrenaline...
And I can't help but bet on the jump ins... I always think "This time my AA will work!" but it doesn't... the scrub gets the hit on me...

The wrong guesses just cause me to consume so much salt... the doctor says I need to lower my sodium intake, but i can't.
When I'm high off this salt and adrenaline, i start dropping combos, My B14 airgrab becomes B1 Sunray, leading to a combo punish and even more salt consumption...

The worst part of it all... I kind of like it.
sometimes we all enjoy a little chaos in our life and there is nothing wrong with that because every moment something goes wrong, it's just another reason to be grateful when it goes right.

Reactions: GAV

Baconlord

Hello, my name is Tweedy.

I'm a shameless tier whore that played Kung Lao, Tanya and Kotal Khan on the side. After Paulo flexed his muscles on March first I was only left with Kotal Khan. With the fear of Alien being ruined due to how ridiculous his medium delay rekkas were, I didn't put too much time into him.

Thankfully there was a hotfix that nerfed my beloved perfect organism, while leaving him very strong. There's a lot of propaganda going on, people posting that Alien should be banned because he has a hitbox that is almost as bad as every female's. I fear that Alien is not as good as everyone thinks, and that if he receives another batch of nerfs, he won't even be as good as my current main, Kotal Khan.

People just don't understand. They tell me that my 7% low is cheap, but they don't understand that if it's blocked, I eat 35%. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RISKS THAT I TAKE. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BAD MY METERLESS DAMAGE IS. TYM DOESNT CARE IF KANO IS ALWAYS SAFE OR PLUS OFF OF LAUNCHING 50/50s AND IM UNSAFE WHEN GOING FOR ANYTHING BESIDES A 7% OVERHEAD. ITS ALL THE SAME TO THEM. THEY'RE ALWAYS GOING TO BE AGAINST WHATEVER DRAGON IS WINNING WITH.

*continues huge breakdown*

I'm gonna go get me a deepdish.
sometimes when things go right for us people ignore your journey and only see your destination. But that doesn't matter because YOU know what you went through and that's all that matters.

Baconlord

What I have to do>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>How I feel about it
a wave may rise to its highest point and it will also fall to its lowest point but no matter what it will always reach the shore

Reactions: GAV