What's new

Discussion The TYM Group Therapy Session (re-opened for new patch)

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Hi I'm 21122
I don't know what it feels like having a good mid
No matter what I do or how plus I am, I get beaten out by D1s
It has given me anxiety and I shit my pants thinking if I should push a button when I'm plus on block
we can't judge our life by our shortcomings. instead we need to look at what we have and realize that with that we are capable of greater things then we can even comprehend

Noob
Lol you should do another thread but instead of therapy for TYM, make it for the MKX characters.
Like Brady would post as if he was sub zero and complain about ice clone or alien crying because everyone hates him but he can't help it that he was gifted with many talents. :DOGE

Baconlord

Lol you should do another thread but instead of therapy for TYM, make it for the MKX characters.
Like Brady would post as if he was sub zero and complain about ice clone or alien crying because everyone hates him but he can't help it that he was gifted with many talents. :DOGE
let's just keep going with this thread for now. I'm genuinely curious at how long I can keep this up

Hi, my name is ILuvFightGames
My problems are that while not being too great in matchups my character (and friend) Kitana has like no mixups at all or 50/50's, I have to constantly outplay someone for all their health bar but one or two wrong guesses and they steal the match. Is there therapy for getting over 50/50's? What happened to me winning? What happened to having skill triumphing over guessing wrong? What happened to Daigo winning?

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Hi this is Carter here, since the game came out, I have found myself sometimes wanting to uninstall the game like Brady does all the time, but yet I can't despite the power of rekkas and safe 50/50's and scrubs jumping like idiots and sometimes whiff D2's as AA's are a joke. It's been a shitty love hate relationship where I sometimes feel like I should stop playing but yet I can't as I love the game and it's a fighting game I enjoy along with the power of Ninjutsu's armor breaking powers. Idk where to go with the direction of this game now

Baconlord

Hi, my name is ILuvFightGames
My problems are that while not being too great in matchups my character (and friend) Kitana has like no mixups at all or 50/50's, I have to constantly outplay someone for all their health bar but one or two wrong guesses and they steal the match. Is there therapy for getting over 50/50's? What happened to me winning? What happened to having skill triumphing over guessing wrong? What happened to Daigo winning?
life is full of uncertainties. we can't live our lives worrying about things that we have no control over. we just need to move on and use the situation to become stronger then we were before.

Baconlord

Hi this is Carter here, since the game came out, I have found myself sometimes wanting to uninstall the game like Brady does all the time, but yet I can't despite the power of rekkas and safe 50/50's and scrubs jumping like idiots and sometimes whiff D2's as AA's are a joke. It's been a shitty love hate relationship where I sometimes feel like I should stop playing but yet I can't as I love the game and it's a fighting game I enjoy along with the power of Ninjutsu's armor breaking powers. Idk where to go with the direction of this game now
you need to learn to adapt and overcome no matter the circumstances. because once you climb out of the hole, you're better then the man that dug it.

life is full of uncertainties. we can't live our lives worrying about things that we have no control over. we just need to move on and use the situation to become stronger then we were before.
You're right, you sure are a great therapist, your first line "life is full of uncertainties" is spot on since were always uncertain if someone with crazy mixups/50/50's will go high or low, I can see now. Thanks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hi my name is Eddy Wang

I've yet to have fun in MKX, all because Lord Paulo and NRS betrayed the Skarlet community and didn't include her in the roster, all the time i've been dealing with fullscreen advancing strings, overpowered jump ins that are plus on block, d1 that low profile highs, are safe on block and can be mashed out, laughable backdashes, hard to blockables, d'vorah, to name a few...

Among everything else, found a drip of Fun in Hat Trick, but when we found out what his real problems were, we were ignored twice by lord paulo and the balancing crew, and to make it worse, our drip of fun was ripped by applying stealth nerfs to an already bad character, my playstyle in this game is dead, its not even the strongest and there isn't a single character with that style of play that i actually enjoy playing, i keep playing because everyone enjoys playing against me, but i don't find it fun anymore.:(

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Hi my name is exflyingbooty

Jumps in this game anger me so much, especially when i have to read jump outs from +3 :(

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Hi my name is Yoloroll1sthit
I love 50/50s and setplay people to death. I don't know why people hate 50/50 so much, when it's not even the biggest problem in MKX.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Hi everyone.
My name is Kano. And I have this cutthroat variation. After the last patch I got safe 50/50, great damage output, great safe almost fullscreen special, safe armor. I feel overall great. I have no problems at all. Just here to brag. :DOGE
But Kano never won, or made it into grand final in any major :REO:16Bit

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Hi everyone, I'm DDutchguy and I'm bad at this game. Since launch I have been playing this game, using a multitude of characters that were initially not Raiden. I jumped back and forth between Johnny Cage, Quan Chi, Liu Kang and Sub-Zero. Of course I couldn't keep these one night stands up forever and found a healthy, stable relationship with Raiden of Earthrealm.

Because of this tough start however, there is still tention between me and Raiden. As we have not had this relationship for long yet, we still struggle with landing combos, run canceling in the neutral and sometimes I feel as if Raiden is unhappy and does not allow my B1 to convert into a full combo.

Now that I mention B1, he has helped us through a lot of tough times. Downpoking Ermacs, online Scorpions and Poketal Kahn players we have shut out of our lives because 8-frame B1 helped us. Even still though, the neutral ground to our relationship does not have a strong foundation yet and B2 is still unsafe on block. In general, we do not have the skills to beat 90% of online warriors in ranked and me and Raiden often get insulted by those who beat us, with unavailable game sessions and B3~Low Minion.

Sharing this has already helped me, thank you.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hello Baconlord, my name is Strykie, but you probably already knew that.

I feel as if I have been on a downward spiral since the last UK major, Hypespotting V, last month. I narrowly missed out on top 16 after being inexplicably eliminated by Nausea's Spectral Ermac 3-2, having beaten him in winners 3-0 earlier in the tournament.

As such, I have also not felt compelled to enter ESL after losing to controversial circumstances.

The people who I played with offline to keep improving are no longer available for regular sessions, and anyone else I could play with offline aren't at a level where I can continue to do this.

What do?