What's new

The Truth about Deathstroke (Lots of myths dispelled) by REO

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
To me Deathstroke needs more then what he has...his gun,sword=great distant tools put a DS player on a wall,try that out.even if you are getting "SPAMMED" lol it is simply because your not blocking our controlling him or the stage.Everybody has a weakness it's not like we have to fight Kung lao,Cyrax before they was nerf .If Deathstroke guns stopped you and could not move,then we would have a f'n problem.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
To me Deathstroke needs more then what he has...his gun,sword=great distant tools put a DS player on a wall,try that out.even if you are getting "SPAMMED" lol it is simply because your not blocking our controlling him or the stage.Everybody has a weakness it's not like we have to fight Kung lao,Cyrax before they was nerf .If Deathstroke guns stopped you and could not move,then we would have a f'n problem.
agreed. it amazing to see mk players complaining about zoning. like we haven't been dealing kabal and kenshi over the past two years.

dust.

Noob
Lol. Please try to elaborate more than just saying "yes" or "no". This doesn't help people who are having trouble. Now while I don't think DS is broken, his keepaway seems extremely oppressive, especially on that Ferris Aircraft stage or whatever it's called, as Aris displayed. :/ just saying.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
up close block wisely and punish his guns,sword...I look at Deathstroke as a rusher/ok zone guy.He really isn't a threat like ppl make him to be.play the ladder on very hard cpu DS will show you how its done.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Liked for the fact that REO is finally picking up Deathstroke.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
The goal is to prevent a Kabal.
Kabal at least required an input that is harder than d,f+button. Hence the first wave of complaints on DS being "too good" in some people's eyes - its easy for the casual player to put up a wall of bullets (like a Kabal iaGB) but so much harder for another casual player to get around, skill/execution wise than the opponent doing it. With Kabal, it took a little bit of execution and timing to get good, low iagb zoning.

D

Deleted member 9158

Deathstroke is probably one of the better characters in the game (based on his zoning alone) but I think there's a lot of potential for his largely untouched rushdown game (well not that I've seen any DS's using it anyway)

Garasky

Noob
If "some" of the tourney players and people who play fighting games regularly are having problem with DS's zoning, imagine someone new to the genre. Cyrax and Kabal were a handful to deal with in MK9, but for them to be effective they required a good amount of execution. While DS is not broken, to execute his "gun" moves are relatively simple. This will cause a lot of frustration when a majority of players can do it with ease. Don't get me wrong, it is a legit tactic, but it also means that it created a higher learning curve for the person getting zoned out. The video Tom and Reo posted were great info but I doubt a newcomer can just pick that up on their own. I am just speaking from a casual player's point of view. I will continue supporting Injustice because I like the game, but I can see why DS can be a turn off for a lot of people.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
If "some" of the tourney players and people who play fighting games regularly are having problem with DS's zoning, imagine someone new to the genre. Cyrax and Kabal were a handful to deal with in MK9, but for them to be effective they required a good amount of execution. While DS is not broken, to execute his "gun" moves are relatively simple. This will cause a lot of frustration when a majority of players can do it with ease. Don't get me wrong, it is a legit tactic, but it also means that it created a higher learning curve for the person getting zoned out. The video Tom and Reo posted were great info but I doubt a newcomer can just pick that up on their own. I am just speaking from a casual player's point of view. I will continue supporting Injustice because I like the game, but I can see why DS can be a turn off for a lot of people.
I totally agree.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Cyrax doesn't take execution, wat

I can imagine the top players laughing their asses off about this thread.
REO postes an "Article" with a bunch of questions with the most minimal
yes or no answers, and since it's REO answering the questions
thats supposed to validate whats being said? Just look at the last
question, this post is a joke.