What's new

The Truth about Deathstroke (Lots of myths dispelled) by REO

REO

Undead
So since I've been getting a lot of PMs asking about Deathstroke during the last couple of days, I thought I'd make a thread to have the most common questions answered publicly. (players will remain anonymous)

Most frequently asked questions:

Q: is deathstroke the best zoner? *Myth
A: No. Cyborg is. Deathstroke could be argued as being the the second best zoner.

Q: why is deathstroke's trait so hideously overpowered?
A: It's not. But it is good.

Q: is deathstroke ex machine gun advantage on block?
A: No.

Q: how can you punish deathstroke overhead sword attack?
A: Any character that has a move with reach that is 18 frames or faster can punish it. Also it's not an overhead.

Q: does deathstroke 10-0 a lot of chars? *Myth
A: No.

Q: is it true deathstroke has no bad mus? *Myth
A: No, that is definitely false.

Q: when will you and tom make a tier list and should i expect deathstroke to be all the way on top at #1?
A: In a few months. As it's looking right now, there seems to be a few characters that seem better than Deathstroke (gasp?).

Q: i thought nrs learned there lesson with making broken characters. why is deathstroke more broken then kabal and kenshi? *Myth
A: Deathstroke is no where near Kenshi, let alone Kabal.

Q: i heard if u do deathstrokes instant guns fast and low enough the opponent cant dash is this correct? *Myth
A: That's false.

Q: do u and tom feel dumb now that a deathstroke player aris owned everyone at a tourney?
No. Aris is a very good player, using a very good character. There is no reason why any of us should feel "dumb".

Q: do u think ufgt top 8 will all be deathstroke pros?
A: No. I highly doubt that actually.

Q: what nerfs would you give to deathstroke?
A: I wouldn't give him any.

Q: will you be picking up deathstroke?
A: Yes.

Sent from my mobile

Attachments

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
2 nerfs I'd accept are to lower his chip on LowGS and more start-up frames on F3.

But if he does, I want a bunch of chars to lose their shit too.(something that we hope will be prevented)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
2 nerfs I'd accept are to lower his chip on LowGS and more start-up frames on F3.

But if he does, I want a bunch of chars to lose their shit too.(something that we hope will be prevented)
he needs dat f3 though.

the chip isn't even bad considering he has no push-back. :( why you hate our character bro?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
he needs dat f3 though.

the chip isn't even bad considering he has no push-back. :( why you hate our character bro?
Not hating. I don't even want that to happen. I said I'd accept it. He also doesn't need his F3. He has B22 and Sword Spin MB.

But KF has to lose her F3 as well if he was to lose his.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Very good REO. I still can't believe the bitching about DS. I don't play as him but played quite a few and know that he is a pain in the ass but if you use two brain cells you can beat him with the majority of the cast rather easily.

He is a good character with great strengths but EVERY character has great strengths and a lot of dirt.

I hope they don't patch him or anyone else for that matter until there are a bunch of tournies and a variety of characters used by top level players to see what really is broken.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Not hating. I don't even want that to happen. I said I'd accept it. He also doesn't need his F3. He has B22 and Sword Spin MB.

But KF has to lose her F3 as well if he was to lose his.
It's the core of his mix-up game and the reason he has a good 50/50. Sword Spin MB sucks, it's too negative.

His is fair; hers is fair.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It's the core of his mix-up game and the reason he has a good 50/50. Sword Spin MB sucks, it's too negative.

His is fair; hers is fair.
Oh no! unsafe 50/50s for a ZONING character. No...just no... btw I'm not hating, I abuse this as well. But it's not like it'd change him drastically.

As for KF, she has other means to do 50/50s without her F3. Safe low launcher , hits from 3/4 screen and has fast start-up is cheap but acceptable. Adding a frame advantaged super fast armored overhead launcher is kind of going too far a little bit. But that's her dirt. Everybody has them. I personally don't care. But I don't want any favoritism when the nerf train hits.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Even when I use Green Arrow or Lex, I never seem to have that much of a problem with Deathstroke. I guess I still haven't played a competent Deathstroke player yet.

And as far as MU's are concerned, Ares destroys Deathstroke. At least right now he does, early on.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wait....WHAT?!
REO was going to use Deathstroke way before we even saw gameplay from him. It's his favorite DC character apparently. And he also said before launch he was going to main Deathstroke.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
My only gripe with deathstroke is full screen spammers that make it very difficult to play the game with any enjoyment. I get close after losing half of my hp bar from chip, IF I make it there without taking an accidental hit and being knocked WAYYYYYY back, only to start over. It's a frustrating aspect of the game.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
My only gripe with deathstroke is full screen spammers that make it very difficult to play the game with any enjoyment. I get close after losing half of my hp bar from chip, IF I make it there without taking an accidental hit and being knocked WAYYYYYY back, only to start over. It's a frustrating aspect of the game.
As soon as you say spammer then youre opinion is invalid

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
As soon as you say spammer then youre opinion is invalid
Ok, well I wasn't trying to say he was overpowered, I said it was an annoying aspect of the game. Spamming is a thing that will happen in any fighting game, I'm not complaining about spamming, I'm complaining about this certain type of spamming. Get off of your high horse.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Not really, he brings up a valid point. There are players who 'spam' his guns and it does ruin the enjoyment of games, especially for casual players. At least he doesn't say the character is broken; just that online players abuse him.

:)
Spamming means nonstop repetition, if someone is "spamming" then punish accordingly. Its not hard at all to lock down a spammer especially in injustice. Its like as soon as DS starts shooting, everyone forgets there footsies.