What's new

The Top 15 Characters in Injustice

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
umm.....if Superman/MMH/Zod have terrible wake-ups what the hell is a good wakeup?
Something with invuln that isn't -24 on block.
Zod has no invuln at all whatsoever, Superman's wake-ups are universally unsafe and easy to block thanks to the huge wind-up on flying punch, MMH's are decent but he can be deadzoned and full punished.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
this list isnt even bad tbh swap Frost with Black Adam and it might be right.
Something with invuln that isn't -24 on block.
Zod has no invuln at all whatsoever, Superman's wake-ups are universally unsafe and easy to block thanks to the huge wind-up on flying punch, MMH's are decent but he can be deadzoned and full punished.
Superman has many wake up options why would anyone use flying punch? maybe its just because i play GL but his wakeups are great in that matchup (rising grab, scoop, even fucking heat zap)
Zod has no invincibility but isnt his safe? isnt MMHs psionic push safe also? and its invulnerable partially and pushes to fullscreen on hit.
How safe a wakeup is is irrelevant when it can be stuffed.
if its easy to stuff (can be done consistently)i agree completely

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
this list isnt even bad tbh swap Frost with Black Adam and it might be right.

Superman has many wake up options why would anyone use flying punch? maybe its just because i play GL but his wakeups are great in that matchup (rising grab, scoop, even fucking heat zap)
Zod has no invincibility but isnt his safe? isnt MMHs psionic push safe also? and its invulnerable partially and pushes to fullscreen on hit.
Because Flying punish is the only one that's almost not unsafe if you squint your eyes.
Literally every wake-up you just named can be blocked low, armored through, zoned around... The moment he presses an input, he has to commit fully. If he guesses wrong, or if you take one of many options to work around it, he gets full combo punished.

Zods are safe if they can get out, but the window to stuff Zod's wake-ups are a lot bigger than stuffing Aquaman's wake-ups. Zod also lacks AM's trait to let him no-sell some stuff attempts if they do manage to snag him.

astronout

see you at the top.
In order...

4/5 don't. Superman's zoning is incredibly unsafe, WW has no zoning, MMH's zoning is questionable since his counter-zoning is the real power.
I'd say 2/5 do, and I'd put MMH and Aqua as a tie.

Incredibly unsafe? This type of rhetoric is only applicable if the Superman player is doing nothing but high air lasers or repeated ground lasers.

4/5 are power characters, yes.

d.1xxTrident rush is punished by who? Batman with Bats, maybe zod if he has trait out.
So in reality, 1/5 punish it, 2/5 in very specific situations. I'll take those numbers.

Batman, Zod, MMH with trait, Superman's F2, not to mention WW can start her pressure after a trident rush (not a position you want to be in)

4/5 have a better trait? Are you high? Who has a better trait? Bats and wraith come to mind, that's about it. I don't really value MMH's stretchy limbs over a combo breaker.
Aqua is easily a top 3 trait. If you're trolling, you're doing a good job.

Before the repeated nerfs to his trait, you may have been right. However, this far in the game's life, many characters, namely the one's in the upper echelon, have found ways around it.

4/5 have a better wake-up how? Aqua has a double-hit scoop, a 4-hit quick move in front, and a water shield. Lacks a bit of invuln but if you're just jabbing at him without the right timing you'll get a free 30% combo for your troubles.

How your forgotten that scoop is severely punishable and trident rush can be avoided by simply crossing Aquaman up? water shield is the only option that can beat crossing over, though, as you mentioned, is normally stuffed due to his lack of invincibility.

Even without invuln, unless you have a fast launcher you won't get the punish and if you recklessly jab at him you'll get the stuff. MMH and WW are ahead of him since they actually have something with invuln that's somewhat safe.

The problem for Aquaman is that most of the top 10/15 has this sort of fast launcher that you're referring to.

You're still looking at a top 3 character.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not easy to quote...

First one: Superman only has 3 flavors of lazor, ground sweeping lazor, heat zap, and air lazor. Unless your saying he only does sweeping ground, yeah its pretty unsafe. You get a free dash no matter what, and from the air you get 2. He either picks to not hit, give up a free dash-in after they fuzzy-guard, or give up 2.

You know Aqua can space himself mid-rush right? He can avoid most of those punishes you listed, and WW can't start much from that distance.

Still beats sword stance and Supes trait which only actually helps in 2 MUs.

Yes, if you're respecting it AM just got up for free, and if you're sitting and waiting for scoop you'll be eating 10% in chip and finding yourself out a punish. If you are crossing up, AM takes the jump in and traits preventing anything else, that is if he doesn't just d.2 you for your insolence.

I'm talking the first 1 or 2 moves launch. Most of the top 10/15 DON'T have that kind of option safely.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Aquaman is EASILY top 3. D1 into Trident rush is ridiculous for both damage and meter building. Best set of normals in the game. Best anti-air and very good air-to-air normals. Combo breaker trait lets him escape vortexes. Good damage off meterless and 1 meter combos. Some semblance of zoning that allows him to pester certain characters, and From the Deep is a free 20% for one bar if they get hit. His only weakness is his wake-ups, but he at least some options for grounded approaches.

Also Batman is most likely not top 5. His trait is 2nd best in the game, but it can't hide all his weaknesses.