What's new

The Top 15 Characters in Injustice

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
But its not accurate, you don't know if it is. Its your opinion, and I could easily pick out quite a few things wrong with it but I won't.
Know why?
Because it doesn't matter what character is 1-15.
If you can't block d.1xxES, it doesn't matter what character you choose, you still lose.
I said it was accurate, it is staking up pretty well to be the best tier list thus far in the games life

astronout

see you at the top.
But its not accurate, you don't know if it is. Its your opinion, and I could easily pick out quite a few things wrong with it but I won't.
Know why?
Because it doesn't matter what character is 1-15.
It doesn't matter to whom? you? just because this particular thread in this forum (place or opportunity for discussing a subject) doesn't have any relevance to yourself, does not mean this is the case for others. If you aren't going to contribute to the actual discussion of this thread, refrain from cluttering it with post claiming your indifference.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I said it was accurate, it is staking up pretty well to be the best tier list thus far in the games life
I could disagree. By a decent margin and for quite a few reasons. It all comes down to the player in the end.
MMH isn't immune to Bane oki just because he is in the no.1 spot, so what does it matter?
The person in 7th on the list is just as viable and capable as the one in spot no.16.
Does it matter, in the end, who is 7th?

It doesn't matter to whom? you? just because this particular thread in this forum (place or opportunity for discussing a subject) doesn't have any relevance to yourself, does not mean this is the case for others.
To anyone. Player skill trumps character placement every time, and the game is so balanced that outside of the top 2 or 3 its fair game.
Saying what character is no.7 means as much as saying what character is no.23. This is just the means for the community to split hairs over, but at the end of the day the character's placement doesn't matter.

Heres a list:

1) MMH
2-3) Aquaman/Batman
4-29) not joker
30) Joker

At the end of the day, my list could be argued to be even more accurate since my placements are all correct. Who is 4-29?
It doesn't matter. I could say Bane is no.4 or no.29, that doesn't change much of anything. Its irrelevant.

aquaman shits on too many match ups to not be top 5. I agree with batman being up there(For the same reason). I guess I'd switch aquaman and superman and maybe bring raven and bane up a little.

We're never going to have a real list :(

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
that was not my reasoning for his placement. his horrendous wakeups are.
1.Martian Manhunter - Decent/Terrible Wake-ups
2. Batman - Terrible wake-ups
3. Zod - Even worse wake-ups than Aqua
4. Wonder Woman - Decent/Terrible Wake-ups
5. Superman - Terrible wake-ups
6. Aquaman - Decent/terrible wake-ups

I'd say out of those top 6, Aquaman's wake-ups are in the top 3.

astronout

see you at the top.
I could disagree. By a decent margin and for quite a few reasons. It all comes down to the player in the end.

To anyone. Player skill trumps character placement every time, and the game is so balanced that outside of the top 2 or 3 its fair game.
This is not enough of a reason because this is true about literally every fighting game ever made. Kabal in Mortal Kombat 9 has had his share of defeats (including never winning EVO) but even still, we can recognize when characters possess certain tools that gives the rest of the cast trouble, and order these characters accordingly.

astronout

see you at the top.

What these characters lack in wakeups, they make up for in other tools.
Batman - Trait
Zod - Trait and Backdash
Wonder Woman - Corner Vortex and Footsie tools
Superman - Zoning and Trait

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is not enough of a reason because this is true about literally every fighting game ever made. Kabal in Mortal Kombat 9 has had his share of defeats (including never winning EVO) but even still, we can recognize when characters possess certain tools that gives the rest of the cast trouble, and order these characters accordingly.
Assuming MK was as balanced as IJ is now? Maybe.
But its not even a close comparison. MMH still has to fight MUs in the 6-4 range with very few 7-3s.
Literally some 75% of the cast have a slight disadvantage or better against the no.1 character.

Kabal had to fight 6-4, 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, and a 5-5 in a mirror match if my memory serves.

Thats not comparable.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What these characters lack in wakeups, they make up for in other tools.
Batman - Trait
Zod - Trait and Backdash
Wonder Woman - Corner Vortex and Footsie tools
Superman - Zoning and Trait
Aquaman has trait, zoning, good damage and meter gain, d.1xxtrident rush, huge reach, the best d.2 in the game hands down, is a power character, has half decent wake-ups...

So no, those cast members still would end up relinquishing their spots. Aquaman has better placements under his belt as well, and great representation.

astronout

see you at the top.
Aquaman has trait, zoning, good damage and meter gain, d.1xxtrident rush, huge reach, the best d.2 in the game hands down, is a power character, has half decent wake-ups...

So no, those cast members still would end up relinquishing their spots. Aquaman has better placements under his belt as well, and great representation.
Superman, Batman have better placements
MMH has better placement post patch
Both Zod WW possess the necessary tools and yes, has failed to deliver in tournament thus far (though, read my reply to crimson on the first page to better understand my character placement.

4/5 have better zoning tools
4/5 are power characters
D1~trident rush is punished by 4/5 characters
4/5 have a better trait
4/5 have a better wakeup

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
the top 3 characters are clearly:
1.Aquaman
2.MHH
3.Zod

every other character could be top 10-15 with the exception of joker,ares.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel

umm.....if Superman/MMH/Zod have terrible wake-ups what the hell is a good wakeup?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Both Zod and MMH force push are ridiculous wake ups.... sure there's ways to blow it up but I compare them to Kenshi's shoulder ( yes I went there )... completely safe and creates plenty of space.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Superman, Batman have better placements
MMH has better placement post patch
Both Zod WW possess the necessary tools and yes, has failed to deliver in tournament thus far (though, read my reply to crimson on the first page to better understand my character placement.

4/5 have better zoning tools
4/5 are power characters
D1~trident rush is punished by 4/5
4/5 have a better trait
4/5 have a better wakeup
In order...

4/5 don't. Superman's zoning is incredibly unsafe, WW has no zoning, MMH's zoning is questionable since his counter-zoning is the real power.
I'd say 2/5 do, and I'd put MMH and Aqua as a tie.

4/5 are power characters, yes.

d.1xxTrident rush is punished by who? Batman with Bats, maybe zod if he has trait out.
So in reality, 1/5 punish it, 2/5 in very specific situations. I'll take those numbers.

4/5 have a better trait? Are you high? Who has a better trait? Bats and wraith come to mind, that's about it. I don't really value MMH's stretchy limbs over a combo breaker.
Aqua is easily a top 3 trait. If you're trolling, you're doing a good job.

4/5 have a better wake-up how? Aqua has a double-hit scoop, a 4-hit quick move in front, and a water shield. Lacks a bit of invuln but if you're just jabbing at him without the right timing you'll get a free 30% combo for your troubles.
Batman has a massively unsafe slide and that's it. WW has a close range lasso and that's all. Zod doesn't even have wake-ups. MMH's are okay but have huge deadzones, Superman has easily the 2nd worst behind Zod who, as I said, doesn't have any.
I'd say, from the perspective of a guy whose entire character is around beating wake-ups, that I'd rank Aqua in the top 3 of those. Even without invuln, unless you have a fast launcher you won't get the punish and if you recklessly jab at him you'll get the stuff. MMH and WW are ahead of him since they actually have something with invuln that's somewhat safe.

So the actual numbers...
2/5 have better zoning tools, potentially 3/5 depending on outlook.
4/5 are power characters
1/5 can punish d.1xxtrident rush convincingly, 2/5 in specific situations.
1/5 have a better trait, maybe 2/5 if you count Zod's.
2/5 have better wake-ups.

You're still looking at a top 3 character.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Both Zod and MMH force push are ridiculous wake ups.... sure there's ways to blow it up but I compare them to Kenshi's shoulder ( yes I went there )... completely safe and creates plenty of space.
For Zod, he whiffs the palm and he's really negative, and besides, his wakeups aren't fully invincible. MMH's Push, yeah, it's good.