What's new

The Tierlist is ALMOST Correct

REO

Undead
I see Kenshi vs Jax as slight advantage for Kenshi because he has a big hitbox so it's not as bad as against Kabal. Kabal beats Jax 6-4.

Kabal vs Cage is 7-3, same as Kenshi vs Cage.

Kabal beats Sonya 7-3, Kenshi beats Sonya 6-4.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
maybe cage not top sonyas
Why it's like the same thing lmao. Why do you think Sonya has a better chance vs Kenshi than Cage does? Just curious. I thought they pretty much played Kenshi the same exact way but Cage's offense is better and can stay in a little longer than Sonya

REO

Undead
If Kabal players would STOP trying to play footsies with Sonya and just zone the bitch non-stop, you would see things drastically different. Kabal should ALWAYS have breaker in stock by the time Sonya corners him. You know what that means? Free break to get out of corner and rinse repeat. At least when Sonya gets Kenshi in the corner she can contain him.

Edit: Every time I see Kabal players try to get in on Sonya or rush her down I feel like jumping off a cliff.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Why it's like the same thing lmao. Why do you think Sonya has a better chance vs Kenshi than Cage does? Just curious. I thought they pretty much played Kenshi the same exact way but Cage's offense is better and can stay in a little longer than Sonya
Cage has more holes to interrupt and stop pressure

f32 interrupted by ex cartwheel is far worse than interrupting by ex nut punch

betterprojectile

MS as a whole

d4 ms in particular

far more damage

builds meter quicker

4 frame instant air dive kick counter poke that leads to 40% reset (blake is only one who can do this...see his match vs tyrant) He counter pokes when he knows im at - on poke w 40% combo...thats some omega dizzy shit

Cage is slower than sonya as well as not as mobile

he has no zoning options or major comeback factor the way she does

LEGEND

YES!
Shortlist:

ex cartwheel
arc kick
ring toss
MS-2

nvm pig got it

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
If Kabal players would STOP trying to play footsies with Sonya and just zone the bitch non-stop, you would see things drastically different. Kabal should ALWAYS have breaker in stock by the time Sonya corners him. You know what that means? Free break to get out of corner and rinse repeat. At least when Sonya gets Kenshi in the corner she can contain him.

Edit: Every time I see Kabal players try to get in on Sonya or rush her down I feel like jumping off a cliff.
YES THIS 1000000x

I'm nowhere near your skill level nor do I pick Kabal but I do not play footsies with any Sonya or Cage when I pick Kitana and I get a lot of success.

Death

Noob
You are def the best Kabal I have ever played. We had some good casuals not too long ago but I honestly would rather fight Kabal any day than Kenshi. At least vs Kabal Sonya can get a ring on the screen and bait Kabal. She also has very very good options vs his NDC pressure. I feel like Sonya doesnt have to respect him that much. Just bait and play footsies vs him. I think its 6-4 personally. Kenshi is fucked up. Blackula is the only Kenshi I have seen who plays this MU perfectlty. Sonya has no answer for SC or whiffed SC at that. She has to constantly respect him. She cant build meter vs him at all either. I hate to say it but her best bet is to try and throw out ex cartwheels. Her jumping mixups dont even work on him either.

Death

Noob
Shortlist:

ex cartwheel
arc kick
ring toss
MS-2

nvm pig got it
smh. arc kick really?

ring toss is okay if the kenshi player just throws out SC like an idiot and I use it for a whiff punisher. But if the kenshi is good he will reflect that all day. MS 2 is at least 25frames. If kenshi cant react to that than hes an idiot.

These are horrible reasons.

At least you said ex cartwheel.

Pig Of The Hut

smh. arc kick really?

ring toss is okay if the kenshi player just throws out SC like an idiot and I use it for a whiff punisher. But if the kenshi is good he will reflect that all day. MS 2 is at least 25frames. If kenshi cant react to that than hes an idiot.

check mine

REO

Undead
You are def the best Kabal I have ever played. We had some good casuals not too long ago but I honestly would rather fight Kabal any day than Kenshi. At least vs Kabal Sonya can get a ring on the screen and bait Kabal. She also has very very good options vs his NDC pressure. I feel like Sonya doesnt have to respect him that much. Just bait and play footsies vs him. I think its 6-4 personally. Kenshi is fucked up. Blackula is the only Kenshi I have seen who plays this MU perfectlty. Sonya has no answer for SC or whiffed SC at that. She has to constantly respect him. She cant build meter vs him at all either. I hate to say it but her best bet is to try and throw out ex cartwheels. Her jumping mixups dont even work on him either.
That could be because you're more comfortable in the Kabal match-up than the Kenshi one which gives off a false illusion. Not for nothing, but I think you have played my Kabal in tournament WAY more than a lot of others have gotten the chance to. All of that experience builds up after a while and you get used to shit no matter how fucked up it is. Ring toss will not do anything vs a good Kabal except get you blown up by enhanced dash and then reverse the position so now you're closer to the wall. And again, Kabal does not need to rush you down so NDC are not as important, the key is winning by zoning and causing her to make mistakes.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Shortlist:

ex cartwheel
arc kick
ring toss
MS-2

nvm pig got it
I agree with this except for arc kick. I have found out by playing Pig that using arc kick vs Kenshi is just asking to get your ass kicked and sent back to the other side of the screen lol

LEGEND

YES!
smh. arc kick really?

meant dive kick
ring toss works to check kenshi n build meter
MS 2 out ranges SC and MS can be canceled into armor or safe options like rings

this is what i do not understand

sonya clearly lose to kenshi, kabal and freddy

and none of this characters is free to her
sektor , cyrax, kung lao, skartlet, kitana, cage, liu kang, sub zero , shang tsung , smoke

but yes some people still think she is better than every character in this game but kenshi and kabal which is complete over rating her in my book

Pig Of The Hut

Yes Sonya is better vs Kenshi than Cage but Cage kenshi is 2-8. Not a 2 point difference in the MU imo.
dude dizzy is best cage in the world and blake is best sonya in the world ive played blake even more than dizzy and the two characters are a completely different ball game

That could be because you're more comfortable in the Kabal match-up than the Kenshi one which gives off a false illusion. Not for nothing, but I think you have played my Kabal in tournament WAY more than others have gotten the chance to. All of that experience builds up after a while and you get used to shit no matter how fucked up it is.
yea i wish i could live w you for a week lol

Pig Of The Hut

sektor , cyrax, kung lao, skartlet, kitana, cage, liu kang, sub zero , shang tsung , smoke

but yes some people still think she is better than every character in this game but kenshi and kabal which is complete over rating her in my book
help us out

where would you put her?

Death

Noob

Skarlet, KL, Cage, Sub,Cyrax are actually even MUs imo.