What's new

General/Other - Leatherface The Saw Is Family - The Leatherface PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I haven't been too thrilled from what we've seen in terms of frames so far. The few moves we got to see the frame data of have been pretty bad. The constant pausing to get the fatal was welcoming considering I got to see the frames on a couple moves. If his 12 string is ACTUALLY -13 on hit AND -22 on block like the frame data says that will be painful. But luckily from what I can tell from the gameplay the chainsaw spin seemed safe, which would be a major plus.

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
I haven't been too thrilled from what we've seen in terms of frames so far. The few moves we got to see the frame data of have been pretty bad. The constant pausing to get the fatal was welcoming considering I got to see the frames on a couple moves. If his 12 string is ACTUALLY -13 on hit AND -22 on block like the frame data says that will be painful. But luckily from what I can tell from the gameplay the chainsaw spin seemed safe, which would be a major plus.
Yes I am very afraid that leatherface might have horrible frame data. I really hope not...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Butcher seemed to be respectably quick with those hammer normals, which is one of the many reason why I think it'll end up his best.

I mean the range on the other variation's chainsaw normals looks nice and all but they look slow as dicks, and while that isn't a death sentence it does require a bit more effort be effective with.

He does at least have the benefit of them having nasty reach and plenty of OH, lows, and the ability to cancel into an OH or low at any time, so actually opening people up won't be terribly difficult.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Killer stance also can cancel its dashes so he can absorb a fireball, dash, and cancel to block so he can advance safely. At least it seems that way.

Ex low chainsaw dash looks like it has good range as well, and has armor. Once you get in far-midrange that's probably a nice option.

themanDan

The saw is family
I don't remember the point in the kombat kast where this was shown, but from what I can remember, his chainsaw charge (the mid hitting one, not the unblockable one) looks like it may be safe on block with all that push-back/block stun it has. So a safe, fast, mid hitting forward advancing move that can be meter burned on hit for a full combo... mix in his unblockable/fast OH and the mind games seem like they can be pretty intense. Man, I'm gunna lab the poop outta this character.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Butcher seemed to be respectably quick with those hammer normals, which is one of the many reason why I think it'll end up his best.

I mean the range on the other variation's chainsaw normals looks nice and all but they look slow as dicks, and while that isn't a death sentence it does require a bit more effort be effective with.

He does at least have the benefit of them having nasty reach and plenty of OH, lows, and the ability to cancel into an OH or low at any time, so actually opening people up won't be terribly difficult.
It might be something similar to Ferra/Torr where one of his down or standing normals gives him >=+20 on hit, basically a 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.