What's new

The saltiest you've ever gotten in this game? Salty stories!

blues686

Black lantern
I am salty. I feel like breaking my mk disc at the moment. Try playing against JC online, and you'll figure out why Im so upset.
playing as cyrax.. i know your feeling.. i hate playing johnny cage, and kung laos online! cant react fast enough.. when i lose.. the salt flows heavily

agree, juggernaut is a bit too picky about this. there are players which are bad and only beat you by chance cause their random moves work like brilliant reads. i mean, you start the match and the opponent does something which is so bad that youd expect no one to do it. you eat it and wanna continue but he actually does it again! thats the point when you wanna adapt and do something else, but he throws out the next random thing and its the perfect counter to what you do. there are battles which run like that and its not really a matter of skill when your opponent is lucky in everything he does, even though youd probably beat him 9-1 in a series. stuff like that can get you salty. it happened to me a couple days ago and i actually got a bunch of messages from the guy (raiden player) calling me a scrub. but that was so over the top hilarious i didnt get salty at all.
Is this really how people think? This whole thread makes me smh. ♡

i had a 24 game winning streak on ranked beating many people in the top 100 and good players with trueskill levels over 36 then get to game 24 and get at kung lao player( i fucking hate kl) level 29 with a negative record..
beat him first round and then goes on a spin spin spin spin 12 low hat spree and beats me the last two rounds

i will always remember that day as the day i got kicked out of the house because of raging because of a video game....... memories

HAHA, more details on getting kicked out. Tell the story!

Theme

Noob
hahahahahahaha, omg! you kill me with your humor.. lol so funny
Its posts like this that make this community really shit sometimes. People encourage this trolling and mods arent doing anything to stop it. He doesnt contribute to the conversation nor does he provide any insight besides a personal attack on someone. Its sad really. Grow up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lighten up dude, eight is hilarious, and also awesome at MK. Online=/=Offline. they are two very different metagames

Kombo

Noob
Something happened, something else happened.

Theme is Juggernaut's clone.

Or something like that.
:rofl:

Ok I got my laugh for the day. :bigsmile:

But, seriously stop derailing this thread please with the offline/online arguement. Online is all I got but this shit is undefendable at this current state. If player A beats Player B 10 times in a row that does not necessarily mean that Player A is better. Player B could be trying out a new character, trying to play the game with a new controller or stick, doesn't know the matchup or just playing the game for fun and bullshitting around. You can never tell what someone else is doing by just from miles away over an internet connection.

The only way to tell if someone is better is face to face where something is on the line.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
It really pisses me off when someone thinks they can beat me with the stupidest scrub techniques in the game. I've played retards who Sheeva stomped, Sindel fireball spam, constant ninja teleports. You might be thinking that shit is easy to beat, is a free win and shouldnt piss me off so much ? Wrong! It's very easy to beat and thats the reason that makes me angry. It's almost a slap in the face, this retard thinking he's going to win like that. As someone who knows a lot of the cast, seeing a character being played at such a scrub level with all that potential being lost makes me rage. And it really hinders whatever you learned about the matchup. You expect this braindead retard to at least mix it up after the millionth time in a row you've blocked and punished their stupid spam tactic, but no they dont quit. They continue until I utterly stomp the floor with them AND then proceed to ask for a rematch, pick another character and do the exact same bullshit. WOULD IT KILL YOU TO SPEND 5 MINUTES TO LEARN YOUR FUCKING CHARACTER BEFORE PLAYING ONLINE FUCKING SCRUBS.

Another thing that pisses me off is when your character needs to work so much harder to win against an opponent that is using a character that basically can cheese a win with a few tricks (Kung Lao, Raiden)
That pretty much basically sums up how I feel. I get so sick of playing scrub ass Scorpions that will do nothing but teleport, hellfire, and then turtle. Then the stupid Raiden players that non-stop telelport and superman. I wish people would actually take some time to learn the damn game and practice some damn combos. I can honestly say out of the 90% of people I play online, none of them do combos. It's pisses me off. I can't get better playing some douche that wants to screw around. I played a guy last night that thought he could just pick randoms and beat me and it pissed me off. He got Kabal at first and did nothing but run away and spam projectiles. Shit like that irks me. If you're going to play the game learn it, don't just screw with me. You're not helping me or yourself.

I get really Salty losing to people that play cheap or I feel like I'm better than them. Like losing to srub players that obviously don't know what their doing. I hate people that will spam Kung Lao's Ground hat over and over because I'm using Sub-Zero. I just hate in general people trying to zone me with Sub. I don't sit there and hide behind a clone, I try to move forward but it's kind of hard when there is hat after hat. I get salty playing my friends Kano because he does nothing but knife, upball and jumpkick throw. Then by the time you get a combo, this mofo has an X-ray already. I hate when people think they can use Sub-Zero better than me and they just ice clone and throw ice at me the whole match. I main Sub-Zero and I don't do that. I use it to move forward not hide behind and throw ice. What's really pissed me off lately was people that were using Quan Chi and they literally kept doing that F 1 2 1+2 move that hits you mid. God I was so pissed. Probably the worse in a while. The guy literally kept doing it over and over and I had no idea how to block it. I block it standing got hit, I block it low got it. I quit because I think it's bs I should lose to some douche like that, that keeps doing the same bs over and over.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
@Jugger,
What would possess you to take anything Theme says seriously?

Srs man.
Why dont you provide more insight to the discussion rather than talking out of your ass. Its seriously annoying, how you keep on attacking me personally, when you dont say anything else in context to the topic at hand. Grow up yeah? Until then, youre on my ignore list.
Dont worry too much about Eight. I've been following his posts for a while now and almost always he comes off as a douche troll. He thinks he's funny but most of his posts are utterly useless. Just his display picture alone makes me want to rage. Eight, please tell me that isnt actually your ugly mug there.

blues686

Black lantern
Its posts like this that make this community really shit sometimes. People encourage this trolling and mods arent doing anything to stop it. He doesnt contribute to the conversation nor does he provide any insight besides a personal attack on someone. Its sad really. Grow up.
lighten up dude. trolls makes the games/ discussions interesting... salt is very bad for you!

you know what... im now gonna quote eight in my sig

redeyes

Button Masher
i just went on a rant and threw my controller after playing a scorpion. the fucking tele punch to Jip mix up pisses me off if i guess wrong on where to block... bye bye 40% >.>

blues686

Black lantern
i just went on a rant and threw my controller after playing a scorpion. the fucking tele punch to Jip mix up pisses me off if i guess wrong on where to block... bye bye 40% >.>
you know i actually enjoy playing against good scorpions like that. instead of the millions of scubby scorpion players that mash 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 and teleport all day no matter how many times you block and punish it

Eight

I am the salt
Dont worry too much about Eight. I've been following his posts for a while now and almost always he comes off as a douche troll. He thinks he's funny but most of his posts are utterly useless. Just his display picture alone makes me want to rage. Eight, please tell me that isnt actually your ugly mug there.
Yeah bro, that is me.

I am indeed a deceased legendary opera singer. Spot on observation!

Also, I'm glad you enjoy my posts so much :)
I will double my efforts to please you <3

The overwhelming number of scorpions have led me to despise all scorpion players, whether good or scrub. I've faced good scorpion players before but I just can't help thinking after playing them "this guy's a scrub, no way I can lose".

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Yeah bro, that is me.

I am indeed a deceased legendary opera singer. Spot on observation!

Also, I'm glad you enjoy my posts so much :)
I will double my efforts to please you <3
Aww shucks how could you say no to this guy?

What do you say guys? Kiss and make up?

Theme

Noob
lighten up dude. trolls makes the games/ discussions interesting... salt is very bad for you!

you know what... im now gonna quote eight in my sig
Yeah, I have had my fair share of trolling in my clanning days, and I'd agree trolls make discussions more interesting, see KUNG LAO's topic. Catch22 is a fine example of a troll. At least he knows how to keep on topic. Eight on the other hand makes useless idiotic posts that holds no contributions to the topic. Hes just an example of a useless troll. Not the good kind.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I hate spamming scrubs. This guy (and yes, I WILL put him on blast) named TITAN765 had a guest in the TYM lobby. His tag record was godlike, 3000 to 200.
I went against him, hearing news of his spam from the chat.
He and his guest pick Sheeva and Kano, I pick Noob and Scorpion. Jump, upball, and Knife spam. I kick his ass.
Next? Nightwolf and Sektor spam. I kick his ass
Next? Nightwolf and Sindel spam. I kick his ass.
Next? Kano and Sindel spam. I lose, get teabagged, and about lost it.

I swear to god, my eyes were boiling and I was almost bloodthirsty.

How is that fun?
If I'm gonna spend 60 damn dollars on this game, I'm DAMN WELL gonna be good at it.

EDIT: Eight is hilarious!

He should be sorry for providing humour in this oh so serious world of Mortal Kombat.

Btw, there was absolutely NO sarcasm in that at all. Nope. Not a bit. None whatsoever :p

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Playing good noob saibots with sonya.

Not a good idea, I know, but I needed to learn the matchup, and now I realize that having to do d4db2f1df3 to counter upknees is about as much fun as slamming your junk in a car door.

SubZero's that truely know how to play the game make me @#$@ing salty. I mean this mutha 2#@%er would ice clone 75% of jump in attempts slide back jumps. Abuse D4 into F4 while in an ice clone and to top it all off I was soo salty I counter picked with every character in the game and the only character I could beat him with consistently was smoke which is a 4-6 match up so I'm confused about that. OH and what really grinds my gears is, I was under the impression the snowball attack had no recovery so I didn't know you could teleport it on reaction to punish XD I was pretty salty about that. Took me 20 %#$%ing matches to figure that out.