What's new

The Reptile Combo Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
If I'm remembering right, JIP 321, NJP, 4~ex ffb, 32~sfb, 321~slide = 46% for 1 bar and way easier than using acid hand midscreen. Am I wrong on the damage % though?

By the way Reptile_8417 you were right about the (32)1~acid hand thing a while ago. It's only hard to get big damage if acid hand is the only part of the string that hits. My bad lol
No biggie lol. It is one of the few times I will be right nowadays.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I like it man. Whats the damage without Slide?
I posted it just a few posts before that one:

Reptile can add a standing 2 to his current BnB for 2% more damage:

321 xx Elbow Dash > NJP > Dash 2 xx Fast Forceball > 32 xx Slow Forceball > 321 xx Whatever.

37% without slide, 39% with slide.

Yaaaay, new Reptile BnB? It's a little hard at first, but I can pull it off consistently now. I'll make a video soon maybe. Someone else should do it for me.
Now that I've used it for a lot longer, I'm sure that with a reasonable amount of practice, you could hit it 100% of the time.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I'm sure that with a reasonable amount of practice, you could hit it 100% of the time.
:bp Fast Forceball isn't hard to land. I struggle with the NJP more than anything. The last time I used Reptile offline, I was under so much stress and pressure that I missed it 3 times in a row. That factor really plays a part in it for me.

EGP Wonder_Chef

The issue isn't landing the 2 xx FFB, the hard part is timing the BP xx FFB so that the 3 2 can connect afterwards.

My best advice is to try and hit them right in the arch of their back with your 2.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Nah thats the best hes got meterless. You might be able to get more with 4 fastball but the timing I'd imagine would be strict if not impossible.

b1ggle

Noob
After watching ChrisG at PowerUp i'm got one thing (may be everybody already knew it, but i didn't)
When u are in the corner and trying to go ex dash to full combo it's much better to do d4 ffb after exdash instead of 32 ffb
1) it's much easier to do
2) it has bigger hitbox. then when your opponent stand at the end of exdash range u still can get him to full combo
3) and at the end u get the same 39% damage

I know this may have been asked alot, but I could really do with some tips or help on the: JIP > 321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > 32 > sfball > ffball > 321 > slide 40% combo. I have been hitting the NJP a few times in a row but then I loose it again and I end up hitting it randomly.. any tips on how to pull it off effectively most of the time? Be a great help, thanks.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I feel like these got lost in the threads somewhere, because I haven't seen anyone taking advantage of this yet, but you can get quite a bit of damage off of a straight overhead in the corner.

Also I never see anyone adding the free 2% damage onto their combos:

Just don't want these to all be lost.

I know this may have been asked alot, but I could really do with some tips or help on the: JIP > 321 > Elbow Dash > NJP > 32 > sfball > ffball > 321 > slide 40% combo. I have been hitting the NJP a few times in a row but then I loose it again and I end up hitting it randomly.. any tips on how to pull it off effectively most of the time? Be a great help, thanks.
dont smash buttons and practice. Done...

Wonder_Chef

Man I love those overhead combos but that 42% midscreen is a headache to time. You've got to pull some jedi shit to connect the slow ball. I'll take my for sure 40%. If you nail that consistently I applaud you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

EGP Wonder_Chef

Wonder_Chef

Man I love those overhead combos but that 42% midscreen is a headache to time. You've got to pull some jedi shit to connect the slow ball. I'll take my for sure 40%. If you nail that consistently I applaud you.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Once you get the timing down it isn't as bad. The key is to hit the standing 2 when the opponent is totally horizontal.

Does take a while to get used to though, but I can definitely land it almost every time.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
ive practiced the shit out of that 42 percent one and get it about 70 percent of the time offline.. online.. completely different story lol

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also this is probably known but you can do
jip 321 dash njp 4 ffb 4 exsfb 321 slide for 47 percent.. pretty damn hard to do but hey its an extra 7 percent..

i personally dont use it since its very hard to do but might be useful to someone