What's new

The Overreacting to IGAU

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
What characters have the best walkspeeds (if you can comment on that)?

And I do suppose I may as well ask what you'd recommend for a Sektor player, if anyone.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Tom Brady i heard the invincibily frames on wakeups are different move to move but is there a average?
also when game is out will the per more values be known through the game or will we have to find out in the like of patch notes?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
wait wait, raven is a counter zoner? how can that be? i saw gameplay of raven vs cyborg. raven's grabs have far reach, but they get stuffed if there's already a projectile on screen. i don't think her grabs do damage right away, so she loses the trade. i figured her to be a bad matchup for anti-zoning characters.

tom, i know you said you'd answer more on release date, but could you please give us a little taste of how raven's a counter zoner?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
whats a fadc?
in SSFIV when you do a focus attack, you can dash cancel from it,Focus Attack Dash Cancel, so lets say you use shoryuken, you immediatly hit medium punch and kick as the shoryuken is hitting and the dash forwrds into what ever you want, like a super, or a tatsu, or what ever. in injustice same can be done by doing meter burn forward forward and then dashing into anything else.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
wait wait, raven is a counter zoner? how can that be? i saw gameplay of raven vs cyborg. raven's grabs have far reach, but they get stuffed if there's already a projectile on screen. i don't think her grabs do damage right away, so she loses the trade. i figured her to be a bad matchup for anti-zoning characters.

tom, i know you said you'd answer more on release date, but could you please give us a little taste of how raven's a counter zoner?
her beast mode tele is extremly fast can put you right above their heads, and the demon move that hits from under oyu is fast in demon mode, and she has a projectile parry. i think meter burned can give you full combo, not sure.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
her beast mode tele is extremly fast can put you right above their heads, and the demon move that hits from under oyu is fast in demon mode, and she has a projectile parry. i think meter burned can give you full combo, not sure.
yeah, but her teleport is subjective because she has to activate demon stance first. it's not readily available to her. her demon uppercut special (dormamu pillar) is the meter burn version, and it will probably lose in trades with projectiles just like her grabs do.
however, you're telling me she has a projectile parry? what wonderful news! that's gonna be so fun. perhaps she will be the character that makes zoners tremble in fear. thanks for your answer.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
aight you see because i like to find stuff out for my self (i find it more rewarding) i'll only ask if there is still recovery frames when you land from a empty jump. Tom Brady

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

Hawkgirl is a hit and run character.
ooh interesting. Nightwing is one on my interest yet you didn't mention him as a rushdown character. Is he a balance of poke and rushdown?

Also surprised that there isn't much asked about Green Arrow. Anyway I know 4/16 Yada Yada Yada still though surprised you can't say much of characters we've seen fight in the arena battles.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
RAVEN QUESTIONS
1. what is her full list of teleports? (in front of opponent, behind opponent, behind opponent in air, etc.)​
2. i get the impression she NEEDS meter to do combos. is that true? do you think we might not be seeing a lot of raven's super or winning clashes?​
3. is her voice different in her alt. costume?​
4. how much of a speed boost does she get from her trait? the trailer made it seem like nothing.​

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Tom Brady
As someone who mained a character in MK9 that had some TERRIBLE MU's...do you feel this game is more balanced? I (assuming I'm correct in saying this) feel that the fact EVERY character can Meter Burn their B3 and F3's...that's a tremendous attribute for the characters in this game.

Also, can you explain the Wager system to me in layman's terms...I'm still like...uhhh what!? Thank you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tom Brady

Joker's spammy playstyle as in zoning or rushdown?

is he mediocre at both or good at something? anything that makes him stand out?